PDA

View Full Version : Friday - oh yeah

Blondie
November 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM

Good Morning, Folksies
Have had a heck of a time getting my computer to play with me this morning. I think it may be time to get it super duper cleaned out. Keeps freezing up on me for some reason. Probably facebook games. hehehe

Yes, so it is Friday. The day of each week when whistles, jumping up and down and clapping hands commence. So, Happy Friday to each one who loves to celebrate this day. What's the plan for the weekend?
Not sure exactly what I will be doing after work tomorrow - I worked a bit on the hand stitching of the red and white DP4 last evening. I have joined the blocks together and now need to do some more stitching before I begin the binding. I have taken a very leisurely pace with this one. It will be so pretty. Nancy, I think you asked me what it was? It is like a DP9 but with four patches. Here are some directions:
http://sewwonderful.blogspot.com/2010/02/disappearing-4-patch-or-4-to-9-patch.html

Here is a pic of what I've been working on:

I am thinking of binding it in blue, so it will be a red, white and blue quilt.

Hope everyone has a special day.

quilter.martha
November 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Blondie, that quilt is sooooo pretty! I love your hand quilting!

Today I'm getting together with another one of our forum members--Cyndi this time! Heading up to her house with a couple of other mutual friends to have a "quilting bee". We're all gonna make the summer in the park quilt blocks. I'm really looking forward to it. Everyone needs a break from the routine, and getting together with quilting gals is the best kind of break I can imagine!

RFREE
November 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Mornin girlfriend! Love your quilt.Very pretty. I have taken the day off today to prepare for the big pig roast tomorrow.My brother made it in from CA last night so we are ready to rock and roll.Looking forward to this but kinda apprehensive too.From the looks of the forecast the weather is gonna cooperate.You all have a wonderful day and keep on sewing.
Rhonda

Bubby
November 4th, 2011, 08:25 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

I CLEANED HOUSE YESTERDAY AND HAVE ALL THE LAUNDRY DONE, SO OTHER THAN GOING FOR A HAIRCUT THIS AFTERNOON I CAN SEW ALL DAY...YAY!!!!!! MY WEEKEND PLAN IS TO TAKE MY CAR TO TOWN FOR AN OIL CHANGE. IF DH STAYS HOME I WILL STOP AT THE LITTLE QUILT SHOP - IF HE COMES WITH ME, WE WILL HAVE LUNCH AND POSSIBLY SEE A MOVIE.

BLONDIE, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU D4P QUILT. WHAT KIND OF THREAD ARE YOU QUILTING IT WITH? RHONDA...ENJOY YOUR BIG PIG WEEKEND. DH SAID IF THE WEATHER WAS MORE PREDICTABLE WE WOULD DRIVE DOWN AND JOIN YOU!!!

NOT MUCH ROCKING MY WORLD RIGHT NOW....SO WILL CHECK IN WITH YOU ALL LATER. HUGS AND TGIF!!!!!!!

mianmom
November 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Morning all! Today I get to see whats going on with my ankle! Hoping its going to be an easy fix. Other then that I have my normal friday things to do, shppping and a stop at the pharmacy. Then tomorrow I came see about finishing those totes. Hope everyone has a great day.

Blondie love the quilt!

Granny Judy
November 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Not too much on my "to do" for this day.. everyone is having a bout with the Ickies and I'm trying to avoid it..and them. Thankfully we have lots of Airborne/thera-flu and Musinex on hand. I hit the Airborne real heavy this week.

Well, I finished up the 3 Dude blocks today and will be figuring out the best way to ship. Glad to have them off my table/s and on to the next project. Finishing a twin size quilt.

Am hoping to get my hair done today... Wishing Blondie made house calls...How bout it?? We could trade secrets and quilting tips. I love that red & white D4P...may have to adopt it for a blue & white version.

Gotta run..peeps are up and coughing all over the place.. (picture me with a container of clorex whipes following them around sanitizing everything)

Loonwatcher
November 4th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Good Morning.

Blondie - I love love love your red and white D4P. And thank you so much for the link to the instructions. Another one on my list. Might move that one to to the top.

Martha - have a great time at your quilting bee. Sounds like fun. We are heading to NH probably tonight and shopping and home tomorrow. I've printed out the directions to that quilt shop you mentioned in Henniker. Hoping to talk DH into stopping in there.

Rhonda & Barb - your plans sound great too. Have fun!

Mianmom - take care of that ankle.

And Judy - take care of that house full of sickies.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Have a great weekend!

KiltedQuilter
November 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Ooooh Friday! woo!

Not much on the agenda today, bit of baking I think to use up some well ripened bananas(thinking choc chip banana cake) then maybe some housework(boo!).

Very nice quilt Blondie, LOVE the red and white!

Have a super Friday everyone!

kziggy
November 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
oh how I wait for Friday every week. I however have to drive another 15 minutes to work at a different building today. My DD has a cold and she is crabby. I am exited because my first top to my wall hanging is almost done. Not much longer and I can say that I have accomplished my very first quilt project. I am so excited I am hoping to have it done this weekend wish me luck.

stitching woman
November 4th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Good Morning what a wonderful day.
Blondie your quilt is gorgeous!
Rhonda hope you have so much fun at the pig roast.
Bubby you made me tired reading what all you have done enjoy your day.
Judy avoid all those germs if you can.

I am going to work on finishing quilting a quilt for a raffle and get ready for the Friday Night Sew look forward to seeing everyone for a night of fun with a great group of women. Come join us if you can.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Wow Blondie love that quilt! Thanks for the link as well. I think I am going to have to try that!

Martha, my friends and I get together every other week and "sit and sew" but some times it's more like "sit and chat":lol:

I don't have much planned just finish the baby quilt label and get it sewn on today. Maybe date night with the hubby. The boy is going to the football game in the next town over! He's in his senior year so time to back off I guess! :icon_neutral:

I hope you all have a great weekend. :icon_wave:

Kizzie
November 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Morning all just checking in quickly my darling daughter woke up at 4am this morning and wouldnt go back to sleep! ah well she is now down for a bit !!!

Love the quilt blondie!!!

Shirley
November 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Blondie, It is just beautiful!! Can't wait to see the end result. :icon_heh:

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Blondie, that quilt is sooooo pretty! I love your hand quilting!

Today I'm getting together with another one of our forum members--Cyndi this time! Heading up to her house with a couple of other mutual friends to have a "quilting bee". We're all gonna make the summer in the park quilt blocks. I'm really looking forward to it. Everyone needs a break from the routine, and getting together with quilting gals is the best kind of break I can imagine!

Martha, if you see anything at Cyndi's house you think I'd like just tell her to send it to me. She packs stuff with fabric and I LOVE that about her . . . among other things. Ask her for a demo on her quilt slider, too!!

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I think I'm getting better - at least I'm trying. I'll let you know if I manage to stay up all day long . . . I do not like laying about!!!!

I so want to sneak into Rhonda's back yard tomorrow, I'll take Barb and her DH with me on my way through the state - that is if Judy will share some of her clorox wipes with me . . . BUT, I may just have to sit around and wrap myself up in Blondie's beautiful quilt.

Know you are all on my mind and in my prayers! Beware the sore throat. The drug store loves me.

oldgurl4
November 4th, 2011, 10:58 AM
:icon_wave:Morning Everyone….~Sunshine Blondie~ I feel like your cat… It’s just my Monday today… I’ll be Stuck! here at work this whole weekend. And what’s worse….TIME CHANGE on Sunday at 2AM (falling back 1 Hour).
~~ BTW-Your quilt is coming along BEAUTIFUL~~ can’t wait to see it all finished. I’m not patient for the hand stitching part.

I’m with ~BUBBY~ I wish u made house calls…Need my bangs trimmed and a little here & there.

~RHONDA~ then you’ll have to stick to PLAN B- You can always move the Pig Roast Here in Miami!..LOL The weather is gonna be PERFECT!! This weekend…..Heck I’ll Even Call in SICK!...lol..lol ENJOY!

~Martha & Nancy~ Hope you enjoy your trips and friend time. I wished I lived closer to Suzzie and the other Gals here that reside in FL. Oooohhh…. Send Pics of the finished Blocks. Have a Safe One!

~Granny~ EZ on the Airborne drugs.... Better Stick to the HOT TODDY!..LOL… a little Whiskey goes a looonnnggg Wayyy....lol…lol Hycop! Ooopss! Exqueezzze Meee!!

~Mianmom~ Oooohhhh You making Totes!!! I Luv Totes….(ever since I made my 1st one) Send us some pics…. Glad your ankle is feeling better.

Hi ~QuiltedQuilter~ and ~Stitching Woman~

~Mrs Sew&Sew~ We haven’t Met….Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

~Kizzie~ Awww… the little Princess Up sew Early….. She must be preparing for Santa next Month… That’s My GURL!!!! Heee---heee

Welll! …You all have an Exciting & Challenging Day.
TTYL

~SANDY~...LOL...LOL we both were Texting at the same Time... Have a Great Relaxing Day. XOXOX

pdjewelrylady1
November 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM
there should be a big "LIKE" button on these posts!! cuz i really LIKE this idea!!

oldgurl4
November 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
YOU GOT IT ~Suzi~

lucyviola
November 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Blondie - your quilt is beautiful. Red & white is always a winner !

sally
November 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Good morning...almost afternoon for some of you... I am on my way home today...YEAH!!! Normally I enjoy these work trips but not this one. I miss my Dh, My pets and my sewing machine...Terribly lonley this trip so I thank you guys for your cheery well wishes. Jan as always you are a dear and am so blessed to have you in my world!
Blonde love the quilt. I would leave it red and white ...putting a blue border on it I think would pull your eye away from your beautiful hand work. Everyone have a great day. Enjoy the weekend!!!

HandsOffItsMine
November 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Aloha all,

Blondie, love, love, love your red and white quilt! I'm with Shauna, I'd leave it that color pallette. Got to keep focus on your hand quilting, that is work and love!

For those sickies...hope you feel better.

I'm off this morning to the dentist, been waiting since Monday. Probably will end up with a root canal & crown. Been the longest week, wanted to rip off my head at times. No matter what you take for a toothache, it doesn't seem to kill the pain.

We're in for some bad weather this weekend, our side is dry right now at 6:47 but the east side is getting hit hard and it's coming our way. The trade winds are back, hopefully it will push the rains out so that we don't have floods. Yikes. Paradise needs an umbrella and a windscreen. :(

See you all later, Ruby

K. McEuen
November 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Love that quilt, Blondie. It makes me wonder if there is a story behind the many red and white quilts that I've seen through history. You know, like why are barns painted red? (red was the cheapest paint at one point in history, when it was colored with iron oxide) Why so many red and white quilts. I know my grandmother had one that was basically hanging in tatters and never would part with it, but was too batty to remember anything about it.

rebeccas-sewing
November 4th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Groovin' on that quilt, Blondie! I like the blue binding idea. What a clever way to change up a 4-patch! I'll definitely be making one of these. Thanks for the link.

ILove2quilt
November 4th, 2011, 04:00 PM
GOOD afternoon everyone. I hope your morning was great. I had to start helping my DH again so all I did was clean out horse stalls.

quilter.martha
November 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Martha, if you see anything at Cyndi's house you think I'd like just tell her to send it to me. She packs stuff with fabric and I LOVE that about her . . . among other things. Ask her for a demo on her quilt slider, too!!

Sandy, I saw the slider. Pretty cool. First time I've ever seen one let alone touched and saw how it fit with my machine. I think it's going on my Christmas wish list.

We had so much fun today. Cyndi was so wonderfully generous with her stash of fabric. I got a small summer in the park wall hanging mostly finished, which I think will be part of a wedding gift for our pastor's daughter who is getting married in 2 weeks. We had show and tell and just had a great time being together. What great therapy!

Loonwatcher
November 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Martha & Cyndi - somebody post pictures of the slider. I'm having a hard time picturing what it is/does.

oldgurl4
November 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Haa-haaa
That makes Two of Us!...hee-hee

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Martha & Cyndi - somebody post pictures of the slider. I'm having a hard time picturing what it is/does.

http://www.daystyledesigns.com/queensupremeslider.htm

That's Super Spud in disguise.

janluna
November 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I know I'm late but I was up and out of the house today. Dr. appointment, drug store, quilt club.
Anyway, Blondie your quilt is beautiful! I love it!
Judy, send your quilt blocks in a Tivek large envelope. That is what I used. They are at the post office and they are water proof. They aren't that expensive. I had room for all my blocks and the return envelope so Suzi could send mine back. That way she didn't have to waste time getting postage and looking up my address. I just put it on before I mailed it and stuck it in with my blocks. Works great!
Shauna, I love you too!
Sandy, how are you feeling sweetie?
Love to all, Hugs, Jan .

Klasien
November 5th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Goodmorning,

Weekend in the Netherlands too, a quite weekend...my husband is leaving for a fair in a second, he's taking our daughter, our son has to work.....the youngest daughter is an exhange student in Michigan at the moment, she is far a way from home and I do miss her.......but anyway this all together leaves me with the dogs.....time to sew all weekend....LOL

I might try that beautiful block you made Blondie, I love it. The coulors are also very pretty, I love the tone of red you used!!!
Did you make it with a charmpack? I have two charmpacks that I have no pattern for, so they might turn out in this pretty block.
Thanks for posting the link to learn how to make the block.

Have a great weekend you all!!

Klasien

luci4
November 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Love the quilt. Have a good weekend everyone.

oldgurl4
November 5th, 2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.daystyledesigns.com/queensupremeslider.htm

That's Super Spud in disguise.

O-ooohhhhhhh!......That Slider!

I have one of those...
Got it at the Quilt Show I went back in March 2011.

I bought it with "The Quilting Halo" Thinggy.... It's a Red round thinggy for FMQ
that you use instead of quilting gloves.
Here Check it Out..>>
http://www.quiltshopofdeland.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=qhalo&Category_Code=mq

The Instructor (God Bless Her) showed Me how to use it ....and signed my Masterpiece and gave it to Me....
To remember how bad I was I guess....LOL...LOL Okayyy enough with the Jokes!!....SANDY!! I Hear You!!!
Go soak those Golden Eggs on Hot Water Will Ya!...lol...lol pleassseeee....

Anyhowww.....
Better get it ready for the QILLOWS I'll Beee...Attempting to Make..OH MYYYY!!!!

I'll use it.... before the end of this Year(YEEEAEKS!! It is The The END OF THE YEAR!!) Ohh My!!