PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday Morning

Mom23
October 10th, 2015, 09:36 AM
The day finally came that I could babysit for my 16 month old grandson. We had a great day and when I left he cried so I guess that means he likes me. My DIL was very nice to me when I got there and very thankful when I left. I get to keep him 6 more Fridays through the end of the year. I have to leave home by 5:15 a.m. to get to their house by 7:00 but that's ok. I can nap when Carter naps. I have to show off a couple pictures I took.

We decided to head to the cabin for the weekend so I won't get any sewing done. That's ok, I need to enjoy and appreciate this beautiful fall weather.

As always, I keep my forum friends in my daily prayers.

Sandy Navas
October 10th, 2015, 09:48 AM
What joy we see on little Carter's face. He knows who loves him!!!

It is a brisk sunshiny day here with lots of leaves falling already. There are only subtle color changes which is strange for our yard, but we are enjoying some of the chill in the air. Woke to hear a whole family (it seems) of barred owls calling outside our bedroom window. Love the noises and their call 'who cooks for you'. Amazing creatures with whom we share our world.

No sewing - some packing will be done. That and lots of shelling out and ridding ourselves of excess junk.

Ginny B
October 10th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Good morning Robin and all to follow. What a cute little guy you got to spend time with yesterday. So happy for you. We will be watching our
23 mo grandson today. So much fun.

Other than that, which will take up most of the day and into late night, I've just got some laundry, a quick trip to JoAnn's for some seam binding and some housework on the agenda for today. Won't have much time to accomplish too much since we need to be at their house by around 1:30. I will probably bring a hexi project with me to work on tonight after Henry goes to sleep.

Got to get going so have a super Saturday all.

Connie Jo
October 10th, 2015, 10:03 AM
So happy for you. I can't imagine life without my grandsons.

pcbatiks
October 10th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Good morning, forum friends.

Robin, so happy for you. Your post made me smile.

We gave our son his zombie quilt a couple of days ago. He really liked it and was happy to have it.

Sandy, do we need to load up the bus of packers again? :D

Pretty and warm day here today.

MayinJerset
October 10th, 2015, 10:47 AM
GOOD MORNING. Happy to hear you gals enjoying spending time with your grandkids. Nowadays we don't babysit our grandkids, they drive here and help DH and I take care of our house.

Today we'll start changing summer clothes for fall clothes and hopefully I'll get my closet set up for easy access to outfits. While I was at rehab DH did the laundry and just shoved clothes in the closet.

ceiliam
October 10th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Robin what a joy to get your grandson, so happy for you hopefully this will start the process for your family. Going up to cedar city today,family time. Get to see my cute great nieces had to run really fast this morn to get the dog walked beefore we leave. Will take home longer this afternoon almost got moms donation top done Then on to other thing have a great day all

JCY
October 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Good Saturday Morning! Clear & a crisp 46 deg. It's supposed to be in the 80's today, which is unseasonably warm for this time of year. We'll enjoy it while we can. I have the laundry going. Yest. I sandwiched the "Star Cakes" quilt & started the FMQ on my new Tiara II. What a delight! So much easier & faster than on the DSM, & it looks so much better. I hope to do more quilting today.

My dr. dau. just moved from TX to the Denver metro area. Her husb. is a pastor; they have a 2 y.o. son--my only great GC. Prayers definitely were answered when they found a 3 BR house to rent. (There's no parsonage.) Affordable rentals are scarce. The housing market all along the Front Range has gone crazy! Our property values went up & so has real estate. I'm glad to have family in Colo. again after so many yrs. with no one close by. She'll be just an hr. away. I'm not sure how much time we'll actually get to spend together, due to caregiving DH. He's generally ok for me to leave him for a few hrs. He always gets anxious when I leave him & worries till I'm home again -- even if I just run to the store for an hour.

I hope everyone has a good week-end.

Angelia
October 10th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Good morning.
I plan to play with strings today--maybe Christmas fabrics--haven't decided yet.
Have a wonderful Saturday!

Claire Hallman
October 10th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Lovely little boy, I know the tribulations of being estranged and how happy you can be when things get right [or close to it] again. Wonderful for you to have time with him again.

I went to a quilt show yesterday, really enjoyed it and picked up some lovely fabric. It is not much, 3 half yard pieces of a Monet looking watercolor print, 2 half yard pieces of purple blender and one half yard piece of aqua/green bamboo looking print. What to do, what to do??? I may just enjoy looking at it on the shelf.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 10th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Robin, Carter is so handsome! I'm so glad the day went well for you. And glad the DIL's attitude has changed! It will be lots of fun for you to have these Friday visits to look forward to!

jjkaiser
October 10th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Carter is adorable and he sure looks happy! We are on baby watch here, DD due date is Monday and she is just so uncomfortabe, backaches, leg cramps, hard to sleep, etc. She just called and asked me if she blows her nose hard enough, with the right force, maybe her water would break? Well I told her go for it, I am sure weirder things have been tried. This is her second baby, also a girl. Her other daughter who informs me she is NOT a baby just turned 3.

Grandma Nan
October 10th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Robin I am so glad that things are moving forward for you. Carter is a beautiful child and looks like he is having a great time with Grandma.

alliek
October 10th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Wonderful! Great photo's he's a cutie allright. I'm so happy you get to spend time with him. I'll keep praying for the situation with your DIL to improve. Thanks for your prayers. I sure can use them now. God is good.

SuzyQue
October 10th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Oh, Robin so happy for you! What a cutie that Carter is! Enjoy every moment you get!
Off to sew some little triangles to more little triangles! What a crazy hobby this quilting is!

auntiemern
October 10th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Robin, your post made my heart smile. So very happy that you are finally getting to have a relationship with Carter. I can't imagine not having that with my grands. Love, hugs, and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Off to pick up my monkeys shortly. Can't imagine my life without them, even when they drive me nuts.

toggpine
October 10th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I have missed out on some of the happenings around here. I'm glad to hear that the family stuff is working out. It's always hard, but so worth it!

I think Bubba may be a level 3 sewing enabler. I've been knocking around the idea of finding a treadle machine. She's found me one and is in the process of hooking me up with the seller.
I blew my budget on the vet bill for fixing the broken barn cat that fell out of the roof rafters while hunting birds at night. (Seriously blown!) Hubby offered to get it for me as an early Christmas present!!! Maybe he hopes that I'll get rid of some of this fabric with more than one machine to get through it.

I had better get into the room and start stitching out a space to put it. (Worse case, we don't get it, and I end up with a cleaned out sewing space.
Seeing as it's grey and rainy, it is a perfect day for sewing!

snippet
October 10th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Oh my gosh! He's so cute! I can see a happy, lovable, and mischievous boy in your future! What fun. Seeing your post just brought happiness to my heart. Maybe this time will also melt the troubles with DIL too.

KarenC
October 11th, 2015, 01:35 AM
He is a little cutie. Glad to hear the day went well. Maybe over time DIL will get to know you better and love and appreciate you more.

sewluvit
October 11th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Your little Carter is so cute! We have one little great grandson named Carter who is 21 months old who is also very cute! A second great grandchild is due in January, this time a girl.