PDA

View Full Version : Need a computer guru!

Sharyn J
October 9th, 2015, 04:48 PM
My windows computer is down and I'm using a google Chromebook. My pictures are stored in the cloud. I am not able to upload any pictures to the forum or my albums. I get error message and the upload area shows that I need to resize. They're already stored in jpeg so don't know why they're too big.

I'm confused because I can't find a way to resize them. This is Chromebook O/S and maybe it's not compatible with the forum format?

Any ideas?

snippet
October 9th, 2015, 05:31 PM
You are doing just fine. Just open your photos in Paint and resize them. I forget the size they need to be for the forum, but anything over 1M is too large.

Hulamoon
October 9th, 2015, 05:38 PM
I have used one program for years, but just found this that is so easy!

Photo editor | PicMonkey: Free Online Photo Editing (http://www.picmonkey.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwy92wBRCl7trx4PaIo8EBEiQASPhtC_jUUr3 ngUYFCXlySI1Ttu4HjnNYyo1GO76Zof0Mi78aAr348P8HAQ)

Splinter
October 9th, 2015, 06:31 PM
I nearly always use a Chromebook, and this image in my Google drive is listed as 1.41 Mb. I had no difficulty uploading it to this post. I do know that sometimes the Chrome OS does an update and some functions are temporarily lost. Usually they get a solution pretty quickly. That is the only time that I have had difficulty uploading pictures.

Sharyn J
October 9th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Paint is Microsoft and not compatible. Pic-monkey...will check.
I found it strange that all my pics are taken with the same camera and my drive lists most of my pics 2.7 MB. I found one that was smaller and uploaded it (thread). Then, I have no clue what I did to the wallet to get it to upload! Really, I'm totally clueless right now. I'll be off practicing. This should have been easy and it's not!

Anyway, here's the Penny Inn Wallet and how much thread was left. The thread gods were with me!

Hulamoon
October 9th, 2015, 08:27 PM
With Picmonkey there's no need to download anything,except for advanced features you have to pay for. You shouldn't have any problems.

I like your wallet! Is that smaller than the ncw(or the other one everyone is making?)

Sharyn J
October 10th, 2015, 01:42 AM
With Picmonkey there's no need to download anything,except for advanced features you have to pay for. You shouldn't have any problems.

I like your wallet! Is that smaller than the ncw(or the other one everyone is making?)

Yes, Lori, Picmonkey worked just fine. This wallet is a little larger than the NCW.