PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Night Owls hiding out there?

stationarymom
October 9th, 2015, 02:11 AM
There really isn't much happening in my part of the forest,but I thought I would check in before I head to my nest for the night.

snippet
October 9th, 2015, 02:14 AM
A storm is settled just west of the city. It's causing lots of flooding out there, and isn't expected to move into town.

I started watching some more of my Craftsy class, but it kept stopping and starting I gave up. I guess the internet gets too bogged down in the evenings.

I dragged out my bionic gear fabric that I cut out at the retreat. I'm gonna get it done if I kills me!

sewluvit
October 9th, 2015, 02:18 AM
I'm going to bed, thought I could hang out for a minute but way too tired. Goodnight!

baskets4deb
October 9th, 2015, 03:11 AM
I watched Jenny's new tutorial and am anxious to get my quilt back from the longarmer so I can try the flanged binding.

sewlucky
October 9th, 2015, 03:15 AM
I'm crawling into the nest now. I spent my afternoon sleeping off a migraine so I'm not particularly tired but now that I'm off one of my Medes I'm sleeping better so hoping to fall asleep quickly. School is getting busier by the day, but I'm really enjoying it. I hope to sew this weekend - it's Thanksgiving here on Monday, so a long weekend! - but I also have to meet up on Saturday with a partner for a project due at school next week and I want to do some cooking ahead for next week's meals, plus Thanksgiving dinner on Monday!

I hope all are well!
Terri

Hulamoon
October 9th, 2015, 03:49 AM
I watched the last of the succulant class. It was good, but I sped through the last two parts.I'm not going to make terrariums or wreaths. Started the binding class, but Project Runway was coming on. It was a sad episode. I liked the person who went home. Pat did you watch it yet?

kimsophia
October 9th, 2015, 04:07 AM
I want to make one of those succulent wreaths but I'd need a lot more than I have, and bigger than I have. I'll make cuttings in the spring from what I have and grow them over the summer on our deck.

I'll probably turn on the last lessons of the ribbon embroidery class. I'm nerdy enough that it bothers me that she sews something called pencil violets and they turn out with the wrong number of petals. lol

Hulamoon
October 9th, 2015, 04:24 AM
I really liked the wreaths, but it takes so many! She really spit those scientific names like nothing didn't she!

kimsophia
October 9th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Yes, I'm glad that they put the names onscreen, too. Or maybe that was the other class with a woman gardener...I think that class was about garden design. Anyway, she put a huge metal fire pit full of succulents in her garden as a focal point! She has to put the screen top over them at night to keep the deer out of them.

Lightwriter
October 9th, 2015, 07:30 AM
A late little hoot...actually slept last night.

A non sewing week. Dog went to vet yesterday with the itchies yet again. The last treatment really helped until the meds run out. Maybe cold weather will help.

DH cousins coming today to go through DH sister's house...she passed away unexpectedly in June. We are supposed to help. Expecting it to be an uncomfortable situation as the two cousins have some issues with each other. I understand the issues; just don't want to be there if the #%^* hits the fan. We refuse to take sides on the prickly little deal. I just hope I don't have to put on my counselor's hat ( I worked as one for years) and calm the waters all day as I did during the funeral. I was exhausted afterwards.

Have a happy Ftiday and hope to join you sewing next week.

Midge
October 9th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I got busy and then I just crumpled last night! I watched part of an exhibition basketball game while I started piecing anothe test block for a quilt I'm planning. Then I put on a movie because I've temporarily OD'd on Craftsy videos. So friends, it is possible to watch too many of them. In the process I forgot Project Runway was on! Love that show and I'll have to find an alternative showing to watch before I accidentally find out who got eliminated. And I slept. Maybe because I am filling in for another volunteer during the mornings this week, I am more tired than usual. Although I don't know why. Mornings here at this place are pretty quiet, giving me time to websurf! Have a great day.

kimsophia
October 9th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I'm prepping the kitchen for cooking tacos while DH ventures to the store for ingredients. I'm also kinda watching the 76er's/Cavs play on NBATV. :)

Granny Judy
October 10th, 2015, 01:33 AM
I fell asleep in the recliner after supper... just now getting my 2nd wind. Thankfully I have a quilt cut out and ready to be pieced.. then there are all those plastic bags to be flattened and cut into strips for a "homeless person" project.

I feel I have too many projects and not enough time to get them all done.. but I keep plugging away at it. Perhaps someday I'll be all caught up. *** yeah, right, -- someday **

Carol336
October 10th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Went to bed later than usual and thought I would really sleep in this morning - but not this time. Up at 3 to use the potty, thought for sure I could drop off again, but at 3:45 I gave up and crawled out of bed in search of coffee.

Got all our kiddies and gkids coming over for breakfast this morning...looking forward to a good visit with them. The bigger the gkids get the harder it is to get them all on one page for a family get-together.

I finally got my disappearing hourglass blocks squared up, thanks to the help from a new neighbor. This is my first quilt and I'm really learning alot....first thing being - I should never have picked this pattern for a first quilt. While the blocks are easy enough to make, I'm still a little shakey with my 1/4 in seam and all those danged points are a tad difficult to line up. I'll post some pics when I get it pieced together.

Sandy Navas
October 10th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Woke this morning to all the night owls caterwauling outside my bedroom window. And I was sleeping so soundly!!