PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday-eve

Ginny B
October 8th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Good morning all. It has been a busy few weeks at work and I finally feel like I am making progress. Large mailing is done and out (already getting responses back), big batch of billing done and off my desk, all changes made to the Power Point presentation for this morning's meeting (anybody bringing me changes this morning-- sorry it's been printed. Too late) and now I'm catching up on the "everyday" things that have been waiting for me. Now the big focus will be all the things involved in our Employment Recognition Breakfast which will be taking place 10/20. The days at work sure have been flying by

Got a call last night from another crafter who wants to know if I want to do a craft fair with her. She didn't say just when it is so I'll have to give her a call today and find out just when it is and maybe I will do it with her.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hoping for relief and safety for all those living in the flooded areas of the southeast.

Bubby
October 8th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm going to try to have a quiet day in the sewing room. I'm making a few table runners so I can carry them to Reggie. I'm wiped out from the last two weeks in court.

Love & Hugs to everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
October 8th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Good morning. It's my day off, but I still have to get on a CC in an hour. I delivered my wedding photos to the bride and groom the other day and so now can focus on my Florida photos. And I think it is decorate for Halloween day and change out to winter clothes day. I will have to convince DH of this fact so I can hand down the tubs before he goes to work.
THEN, maybe I will look at some quilty stuff... have a great day, all!!

Monique
October 8th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning friends. Yesterday was laundry day again. I did not get any sewing done, hubby came home. I have a meeting tonight regarding the elections. I am working the elections, I think they gave me security.

I finished the craftsy class about Quilting with a walking foot. VERY interesting. I think I can do this. I recommend this class. Today I will start another class. Trying to get my $$ worth.

Tomorrow we leave for Greg's. Spending Thanksgiving with him. I haven't seen him since May so it will be a good visit.

Have a great day everyone.

Lori63
October 8th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning all:)

I'm back at work today. I only got a little hand sewing done yesterday while I was waiting for my oil change. I had hoped to get a little more done, but the day got away from me.

This weekend is pretty much booked so it looks like there will be very little sewing getting done. And my list for Christmas/babies just keeps getting longer! I'm seriously considering taking a week of vacation just to get it all done!

Have a wonderful day all:)

Mom23
October 8th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Good Morning All,

I got the second block of my 2013 Fat Quarter Shop BOM finished last night. I put masking tape down so my seams will be more accurate, changed direction of sewing my rows, and pressed often. That did the trick! This block turned out much better than the first.

I'm off to volunteer at the hospital today. There could be a little sewing in the afternoon but I won't make any promises.

Cathy F
October 8th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Morning all,
Looks to be a sunny day here which awas makes me smile!

No sewing for me today, have to bake shortbread cookies today. House is going to smell so good. I've been invited to be a guest instruxtor at a New York state confectionary workshop this Saturday up in Newburgh. I'm doing a class on a Christmas cookie bouquet.

SewnByBee
October 8th, 2015, 10:38 AM
GOOD Morning,
I'm having a SLOW start.

Nice to see everyone, but I sure do miss our Blondie .

Hope you all have a blessed day.

RockinLou
October 8th, 2015, 10:55 AM
HOwdy folks! I've had a strange day from the get go, but nothing like a little virtual retail therapy this afternoon- I've been building amazon wish lists for the kids all evening. With travelling home to the states for Christmas on the 16th, I definitely want to order ahead for the holidays... i'm hoping that someone we know and trust in Atlanta might be willing to receive our packages, otherwise I have to send to my mother and she has to re-ship to us. Considering she is scheduled for serious eye surgery on the 15th of Dec., I don't know what will happen there.

My MIL has stomach cancer, her treatment keeps getting moved around and rescheduled because her blood counts arent where they want them to be. She will likely have surgery before we get there, and is expected to be in the hospital for anywhere from 10 days to a month. We will all go to our Atlanta house, and then DH will travel alone to Wisconsin. There is a SLIGHT possibility that he will take our daughter with him, but I'm not sure yet, we need to think about that too...

Not much sewing today and I'm not too optimistic for the weekend either, but there are only 10 more teaching days until fall break ;-) and that is fabulous news for me!!

dwil23
October 8th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Good Morning, all!

Lots and lots to do today - tomorrow lots of errands with DD then to work, Saturday a "sprinkle" for DIL, then to work early so that I can get off early and get to the airport by 5. DD and I will be taking a trip to Vegas. We are only going because she won the airfare and hotel rooms when she was at the Ellen Show last December.

Our Beagle is showing signs of improvement - I wasn't so sure there for a few days that she would be with us by now. Beagle will be going back to my sister's on Saturday when she gets back from her trip to Maine.

Guess I better get back to the two quilts I am starching and sandwiching before the cats jump on them again!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day, prayers for all.

p.s. - I have "google mapped" quilt shops in the area - and used the review posted here last year by Dossiemae.

Angelia
October 8th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Slow day here, and I need it! Grading and sewing are on the menu--which also may include a nap. :)

Granny Judy
October 8th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Having a "open the windows" day here. No furnace, No A/C running.. just a lot of fresh air with temps in the upper 70's.

Have a pile of laundry to do and sewing some table runners in the plan for this day. DD#2 is home and doing very well after her surgery last week. She has beat me to the washer and dryer so I'm on hold right now.

There is still that Kitchen that collects dirty dishes over night - I could load the dishwasher and sew until DD is finished with her laundry. "only 2 loads, Mom."

Yup, that's a plan!! I'll check back in here later today. Hugs to all.

MayinJerset
October 8th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon. Had 10 am at home PT session this morning and rested afterwards. Did some leg exercises and walked a lot, twice from front door through house to back door. Won't win a race with a turtle but getting better. Had a little nap and now on to washing clothes and bringing Fall stuff out and putting Summer stuff away. M

Weather is very nice so we have a few windows open to bring some fresh air inside.

sewluvit
October 8th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Not much happening in my house today, a bit of housework and then I knit one cute little bootie lol. Maybe knit a mate for it tonight. It's a beautiful, sunny fall day here. Windows open here too!