PDA

View Full Version : Night owl musings

Lightwriter
October 8th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Another night of sleep bites the dust. Could use some zzzzzzz's.

The gorgeous sun made an encore performance today. Temps nice with no humidity. We got the mowing done as well as some minor fall cleanup work in the yard.

Spent another afternoon on the phone trying to get medical insurance straight yet again. Discovered someone screwed up what was done yesterday and it all had to be redone differently. My typical luck. I absolutely despise call centers...one of my pet peeves in life. I keep a notebook in which Record who I call, who I spoke to, what was said, etc. whew...just too much work just so my own butt won't get bitten so badly. We lost a lot when face to face service disappeared. The typical thing that is said to me is " that had not happened before." I just don't believe I am that unique...I think it is code talk for "someone here screwed up, but we refuse to admit it."

No sewing again...only time this week I have managed to get upstairs was to help my husband chase a leak in the ceiling and to iron some of his shirts. Not looking good for today either. Who knew retirement would be so busy?

I think it is fun when the night owls check in, no matter what time it is! Love having May on her way back. The nights I do manage to sleep better I still check in on all the nocturnal happenings the next day. Have a happy Thursday and hoot on little owls!

toggpine
October 8th, 2015, 03:49 AM
Let's see how bad autocorrect can mess up this post.
From yesterday's post: I reinforced the seams of the mesh bag with selvedge edges I trimmed from other fabric projects.

I did get to spend some time in the sewing room. I am trying to get all of the goat coats finished. A few are lined with recycled blankets from Goodwill, while others are just the flannel and the rip-stop nylon. Sort of like the difference between a winter coat and a windbreaker. I don't like making the darts at the hips. They fit better when I do, but I still don't like the process of having to match them on the shell and the liner. I guess by the last goat coat I'll have it down to a science! I'm tired of never having the right sizes finished when I need them, so I'm aiming to get all of the ones I have cut out finished before I get back to the fun stuff!

I need to make a quick list of items I need at J's tomorrow. (Polishing off a few holiday gifts.) I'll have to see if the have the perfect items/prints or it will be a short trip!
Catch you Owls later! C

bubba
October 8th, 2015, 05:05 AM
I finished six, count them 1 2 3 4 5 6, NCW's today. I will never do six at one time again!!! Tomorrow, I will start on the four pair of pajamas. After that, I will be doing a test pattern. Maybe I will do two pair of pj's, test pattern, and two more pair. I need to go get hardware for the bag I think, plus hardware to have on hand, so that means a trip to Seattle, or check at Tandy.

My head is spinning with things I want to sew, but I have lots of things I need to do first. The orders I have, the things for the bazaar, two shirts for MM and one for myself. I need a vacation!

kimsophia
October 8th, 2015, 05:59 AM
I made some of my Grandma Heisler's pumpkin pie filling, which is really good with ice cream, which is what I'm eating right now...mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm watching the ribbon embroidery class on Craftsy. I'm liking it much more than I thought I would. Superior Threads sells silk embroidery ribbon. 96 colors, including variegated. I wonder if they ever have it on sale... ;)