PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so it's Wednesday!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 7th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Hello all. I was looking for the morning post, not here yet, so I just started it myself!

Hopefully our east coast friends are drying out. The situation in SC sounds so scary, I sure hope any of our forum friends down there are out of harms way!

My daughter from Atlanta is coming up today for some work and play. It will be good to see her. The St. Louis niece and nephew are moving to upper NY. Next weekend, so we are going to help get things ready for the move. I will need boxes of Kleenex once they go, I will miss them so much!

I need to get some costumes sewn today and tomorrow. I'm watching the grandkids overnight while their mom works her last few shifts of overnight hospital work. I put them to work helping me clean up my leftovers from my September sewing frenzy before the forum retreat and all the stuff I brought home with me from the event. I bought a Sizzix Big Shot and got some dies, my granddaughter and I made a cute pillow using one of the dues. She dug through my fat quarter boxes for fabrics and sewed it together after she cut and fused the ice cream cone. One last hurrah for grandma and grandchild!

Hope you all have an ice cream licking, soft puppy petting, warm breeze blowing kind of day!

MayinJerset
October 7th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good Morning and I'm so glad to be posting here again while having my first cup of coffee. Jean, Just love that ice cream cone pillow, wish my grandkids were interested in sewing. Youngest one is 15 and he's more interested in girls and being in the drama group. I'm wrong, DDG L has been making some baby items to sell, when she visits us I'll let her shop my stash. She and her younger sister sold stuff at a craft show the other weekend, they sold stuff but spent more on buying stuff from the other vendors.

Had my first at home therapy sessions yesterdays, PT guy and OT gal seem very good, guy will be here on Tuesdays and Thursdays and gal on Mondays and Wednesdays with visiting RN and Home Health Aide on Fridays. Pretty full week and lots of hard work on my part to keep progressing.

Glad the hurricane missed us here in NJ and prayers for all in SC who are affected by the flooding.

Connie Jo
October 7th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Grandkids are definitely so much fun. I feel so bad for you. I can't imagine all of my kids being that far away. Hope you are able to make the decision on what to do.

Mom23
October 7th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Good Morning All,

Yesterday was a busy day but I did manage to get backing ready for my Turning Twenty quilt. I will be taking two quilts to Sylvia today with hopes of getting them back by next Wednesday. I volunteered at the hospital all morning and mowed in the afternoon. Hopefully it's the last time I have to mow.

A friend is coming over this morning to visit and another wants to go for a walk with afternoon. That's the most I have on my schedule for today and that's a great feeling.

I purchased a full fatquartershop 2013 Block of the Month kit from someone on a Facebook sight. Started Block 1 and wasn't happy with my seams. The entire block turned out wonky. I think I figured out my problem is that I was sewing all my seams in the same direction so today I will take it apart and try again. I really like the look of the finished quilt, and love the fabrics, so I will take my time and do everything to the best of my ability. If anyone participated in this BOM I would love to see you finished quilt.

Two more sleeps until I get to babysit for my grandson for the first time. Thankfully I have sewing to occupy my mind!

Have a great day!

songbird857
October 7th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Morning...
May, it's good to see you - I'm glad PT is going well :)
I'm working on our quilt - still trying to decide if I want the length to be 112" (per the instructions), or 96" (if I eliminate one row). Realistically, I probably don't need overhang at the top, since I'm a "just cover up the pillows with the quilt and we're good" kind of gal :)
I've been watching a bunch of Craftsy classes... Last night was Artisan Bread Making, while I was piecing and ironing the quilt top ;).
Ok... Of to get breakfast for FIL, drive DD to school, then home to sew!
Have a great day all...

Iris Girl
October 7th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Morning! May so good to see you. I think I missed the post about your illness or I can't remember but I am sure glad you are on the road to recovery, You were missed. Finished another quilt for PICU group. Hoping I can get a couple more finished and sent before she delivers again which is ? Does anyone know? My day off today and I am just relaxing doing some sewing, cooking, baking , Laundry is out on the line. Still missing my furry helper even tho its now been a month since she left us.
Have a good day all and hugs to all those in need.

SewnByBee
October 7th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Good Morning every one.

So good to see you all
WELCOME back May,
I'm finally, getting better, this has been the roughest stretch, I've had.
I hope Never again, might be wishful thinking, it's took a toil on me.
Blessed to be better 😃.

Well, it's time foe more COFFEE and the dog says I must get up and Feed HIM NOW.
Blessings to you ALL.

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2015, 10:15 AM
So good to have Jean start a morning thread, even as she faces all the hustle and bustle of helping her family move so far away. I truly feel for her!!

May, May, May - so twitterpated to have you back with us. It hurts when the 'foundation' starts deserting us, and you're part of our foundation. Hope the therapy has you ready to meet the world head on real soon. Give Gene a hug from us for keeping us in the loop.

Connie - sending you a gentle hug. Keep taking care of that shoulder.

Robin, Robin, Robin - feeling your excitement. Bet you are anxious for Friday to arrive.

Norma - have fun with that quilt!! I'm like you - pull that quilt over the pillows and I'm good to go. Mom always had us tucking under the pillows but I figure I am not taking guests in there to display my bed-making talents. After all, the days of having my blankets tucked tight enough to bounce a quarter ended when I finished basic training.

More packing today - very concerned about my Al as he got up three or four days ago with a slightly stiff neck. It's moved and now is at the base of the neck. We've done a lot with him - think he probably over-extended himself reaching for something or other. Hope he's better by the end of the day because it's country music night!! And Tenderloins at Jay's!!

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Morning! May so good to see you. I think I missed the post about your illness or I can't remember but I am sure glad you are on the road to recovery, You were missed. Finished another quilt for PICU group. Hoping I can get a couple more finished and sent before she delivers again which is ? Does anyone know? My day off today and I am just relaxing doing some sewing, cooking, baking , Laundry is out on the line. Still missing my furry helper even tho its now been a month since she left us.
Have a good day all and hugs to all those in need.

April - not sure when Marilyn will deliver but feel that its right around Thanksgiving time. I'll double check since I have another contact with her and I'll let you know.

Monique
October 7th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Just a quick pop in. Slept in this morning, believe it or not. Laundry all done already. I just heard from Les this morning and his Mom is really not doing well at all. Getting very grail. She fell again yesterday and I don't know how long she lay there. She did not know me on the phone yesterday. It looks like she won't be able to stay alone AT ALL anymore. I will get more news later. I don't think she hurt herself, which is good.

Have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
October 7th, 2015, 10:58 AM
April - not sure when Marilyn will deliver but feel that its right around Thanksgiving time. I'll double check since I have another contact with her and I'll let you know.

Thanks Sandy!

easyquilts
October 7th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Yep.. It's Wednesday! And I am finally feeling ready to sew... I'm putting the rows of a large Four Patch Frenzy together... It's 18 across, and, I think, six down... Big for me...I do mostly lap and baby quilts. .. It's for my son, and will be going to Terri, a wonderful longarmer, who belongs to my quilting club/guild. I have no desire to try quilting it myself... Besides, I want it to look great. I'm sure I'd make a mess of it.... Terri does great work, and her prices are good...

Wednesday are early release days around here.... It throws everyone's schedules off....especially working moms and dads... I don't know why they have yo fo it every week... Some schools have early release once a month...

I'm getting used to seeing in my DR.... As I thunk most of you know, my son, his wife, their don, and three dogs are living with me until their new house is built... The dogs are teo brown Chihuahuas, and a huge old...blind...black lab. My two Chihuahuas are getting used to him. Fortunately, all of the dogs ...four of which are boys....are getting along very well...

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday!

laura44
October 7th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Morning all. Trying to get in a routine now that we are moved in our new home.
Finally getting my washer and dryer delivered to today! Yeah! Never thought I would
be excited to do laundry but having a pile of dirty clothes laying around will do that to you.
Our other home is up for sale right now so I hope it sells quickly. Also have my son getting
married in a couple of weeks. Lots of life changes, although they are good.
Blessed day to all!

MRoy
October 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Good morning! It's definitely mid-week here. The first of the week chores are done, yard work is done, and my time is my own. I'm thinking I may go shopping this afternoon. I found some jeans with flannel lining at a bargain price. DH is interested in them for winter, so I may get a couple of pairs for him to try. Of course, I'll stop by my favorite discount fabric store too.

Welcome back May! Everyone have a great day!

Simply Quilting
October 7th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Good Morning! We've had some beautiful weather the past couple of days. The children have been enjoying playing in the park.

{{{HUGS}}} Jean. Glad that you are getting to spend a lot of time with the grandchildren before they move.

Laura, hard to believe sometimes it is the small things likes having a washer that can make us so happy. Ours had to have a new belt last year and I was so thankful when it was fixed so I could catch up on laundry.

Have a great day everyone :)

Lori63
October 7th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Boy I'm late today! I guess it's good afternoon everyone:)

It's my day off and I've already gotten the oil changed in the car, ran to Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Target. Stopped to visit my MIL for a bit and went to the bank. Home now and hope to get a little sewing in before DD2 comes. She has a CT scan this afternoon and I get to watch DGD while she's gone!

Hope Blondie gets her computer fixed soon, I miss her:( Jean, love the pillow you and your DGD made, I'm looking forward to when my is old enough to sew.

Got wonderful news on a medical test I had done, so it's a great day for me!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone:)

JCY
October 7th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Late in the day for me, too. Just now checking in. I had Bible Study Fellowship this a.m., then a quick Wendy's lunch, then off to WM for some shopping. Our Super WM restocked their fabric section, so they had lots of nice fabrics. Nothing that interested me. I have a pending order from fabric.com & had 3 recent orders from M*, which I've received already. I'm working to finish up my current project before I start on something new. I also need to chip away at all those finished quilt tops that are waiting to be sandwiched & quilted.

We're having a gorgeous day. Clear blue skies, & up to 80 deg. this afternoon. There was fresh snow on the tops of the Indian Peaks range & Longs Peak this a.m. Just beautiful in the morning sun. The temp. dropped to 48 this a.m.--our coolest a.m. yet. The trees around town are starting to turn & the colors are coming on.

I've got ~60 min. to go get some sewing done before time for the news. The next episode of Survivor is tonight. That & The Amazing Race are 2 reality TV shows I enjoy.

I hope everyone is having a good start to their week.