PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning

Ginny B
October 6th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Good morning all and Happy Tuesday. It's going to feel like a busy Monday to me at work since I was off yesterday. Sure did enjoy my day off. Made up some beef barley soup and put it into the crock pot to simmer all day and then spent the day in my sewing room. Finished a couple of birthday gifts and worked on a few other projects and just had a great time.

So off I go to get ready for work. I may pop into my sewing room for a short time before I head out.

Have a great day all. Be safe everyone.

SewnByBee
October 6th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Ginn B. And Everyone.
Gonna be a busy day here too.
Hope it will be a nice one for us aa

Monique
October 6th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Busy busy indeed. Good morning friends. Arrived back home safe and sound. I stayed and helped with the clean up at the lodge. I ended up giving the dresden plate table runner away to the one who insisted I keep it. She has to finish it. She had tears in her eyes when I insisted it was hers.

Overall, it was another very successful retreat. Great people, great food, and NO drama.

Today is my appointment with the surgeon and tonight is my meeting and auction sale. I need to get busy and make one more thing.

I signed up for the All Access Pass to Craftsy. I was watching the video for Quilting with a walking foot and already learned something.

Have a great day friends.

MayinJerset
October 6th, 2015, 10:10 AM
IT FEELS SO GOOD TO SAY "GOOD MORNING" TO EVERYONE. NO SEWING PLANNED FOR AWHILE AS ALL MY SEWING/QUILTING STUFF IS OUT OF REACH RIGHT NOW. DH AND SONS MOVED FURNITURE AND STUFF AROUND WHILE I WAS IN REHAB AND SEWING STUFF IS BURIED SOME WHERE UNDER THE MESS IN THE DINING ROOM. I'LL BE CONTENT RIGHT NOW PLANNING A QUILT FOR GREAT GRANDSON #5 WHO WILL BE ARRIVING MID FEBRUARY.

easyquilts
October 6th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good. Tuesday Mirning to all....

I'm getting a late start.... My new super soft and cozy micro polar fleece sheets...in la vendor...make getting out of bed of ph, so hard.

Today I am determined to sew the rows together on my son's huge Four Patch Frenzy quilt top. I'll post a picture when it us all put together... Did rows one and two last night. I have to say that I've enjoyed this simple quilt... I want to do at least one more, but smaller....baby sized even...

Oh yes... My son and his wife, their 20yo son, their huge old (blind) black lab and two tiny Chihuahuas....moved in with me this past weekend... They sold their house, and are building a new one not very far away from here.

Talk about an adjustment! I've lived alone since Jan.8, 2014, and before that there was just the two of us for many years. My house us a classic 1950's post war ranch... Not huge....about 1400sq. Feet.

My own Chihuahuas were..at first...terrified of Hershey, the huge lab...my hey still steer clear of him...and cling to me.

The funny thing is that when the "cousins" bark, mine do not join in... Thank the Good Lord...

Time for a bath, more coffee, and some quilting... The coffee comes first....

Oh... One of my DD's four adorable sins is turning 12 today.... Cake and ice cream rapt their house tonight... They are growingbup way too fast for me.

Wishing everyone a Happy, and productive Tuesday!

Lori63
October 6th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Good morning all:)

What a difference a day makes...yesterday I felt great and ready for anything. Today I just feel blah. Not sure what happened. I'm trying to get myself over it quickly. It's probably because I didn't get to sew last night, yeah I bet that's it. So I HAVE to sew tonight, lol.

Monique it sounds like you had a great retreat. It was so nice of you to gift your dresden plate table runner.

May, I'm still fairly new here, but it sounds like you were missed, so I'm happy you are back. I'm sure I can learn a thing or two from you.

Sandy, it sounds like you have a house full! When we were building our house we moved in with my inlaws for a couple of months, I'm sure they were happy to see us leave, we had two kids under 3! Glad to hear they are building close to you though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day:)

toggpine
October 6th, 2015, 01:30 PM
I think I missed most of the month of September in here. It happens every year. We get started with the Washington State Fair, and then I don't surface until the Monday after it's over! It can take me the rest of that week to get everything back to normal. Whew!

This last weekend Hubby went guy-camping with his buddies. I managed to get my brother's fleece couch blanket done. I bought the Sounder's fleece earlier this summer on sale and Em and I went to pick up the solid fleece on Friday. We also bought the grey fleece for the elephant ears for her Halloween costume. We'll see how that goes once the sweats arrive.
I have one top to add the borders to and I should be ready to switch to the walking foot and get a pile of them quilted. (Well, after I clear off the dining table!)
Catch you all later!

Granny Judy
October 6th, 2015, 01:57 PM
We are up and excited .. at 1 pm DD#2 has an appointment with her surgeon to remove the drain and she can get her life back to normal as far as sleep and activity is concerned. On the 16th she sees the oncologist and gets her schedule for radiation. That is the final BIG step for her CA treatment. It's like seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

I saw the most amazing quilt at a blog... and I am trying to figure out the sizes to cut the triangles.. size of the 4 patch and all that went into making her Diamond Jubilee ... The Patchery Menagerie (http://patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com/)

I think it is copywrighted and I don't want to break any laws, but isn't it a great stash buster!! (Not to mention how bright and happy it makes me feel.) If anyone can figure it out, please clue me in. (I think the blocks are 9.5 )

Off to get my day moving along.. need to clean that darn kitchen "again". I swear there are nightly gremlins who just dirty dishes to see my shocked face every morning.

Keep on smiling... Blondie will be checking up on you..

Dollyquilts
October 6th, 2015, 04:22 PM
[
Quote: and Em and I went to pick up the solid fleece on Friday. We also bought the grey fleece for the elephant ears for her Halloween costume. We'll see how that goes once the sweats arrive.

What are you using for the elephant's trunk? Sounds cute.