PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Excited

tamsterg7
October 6th, 2015, 01:05 AM
I was on the wait list for Kaffe Fassett retreat and got an email that someone had to cancel. I texted DH and he said go for it - and I am going! Back story is Kaffe is one of my favorite designers and I hem hawed around when the post went up due to the cost, and then it sold out. In the meantime, I was the recipient of a Do the Right Thing award at work which had a letter from Sr. Management and $$. I used some of that to fund our sons spend card forbooks and other essentials at college. Had some left and planned to use it for Christmas shopping but DH said I earned it and should go to the retreat. I am beyond excited and only have a few weeks to wait. Happy girl!

tamsterg7
October 6th, 2015, 01:12 AM
I was on the wait list for Kaffe Fassett retreat and got an email that someone had to cancel. I texted DH and he said go for it - and I am going! Back story is Kaffe is one of my favorite designers and I hem hawed around when the post went up due to the cost, and then it sold out. In the meantime, I was the recipient of a Do the Right Thing award at work which had a letter from Sr. Management and $$. I used some of that to fund our sons spend card forbooks and other essentials at college. Had some left and planned to use it for Christmas shopping but DH said I earned it and should go to the retreat. I am beyond excited and only have a few weeks to wait. Happy girl!

Hulamoon
October 6th, 2015, 01:26 AM
How exciting! Sometimes when you recieve like this you think of bills first. There is nothing wrong with taking that gift and using it on yourself. I did that too many times with Christmas money from relatives and I really wanted that new shirt.

I didn't know about him too much for a long time. He is so brillant with color and I can't wait to cut up my jelly roll. lol

Have a good time!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 6th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Congratulations on your award, and whoopee on getting to go to the retreat! Have a blast!

Lori63
October 6th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Have fun! I went on my first retreat a couple weeks back and can't wait to go on another.

pcbatiks
October 6th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Sounds like fun! Give us an update after the retreat.

Congrats on the award at work. :)

Bubby
October 6th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Congratulations on your award. It's not always easy to do the right thing. The retreat sounds awesome! Have a great time!!

ceiliam
October 6th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Good for you sounds like fun. Go and have a great time you earned it

Monique
October 6th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Congratulations on the award and being able to attend the retreat you wanted. I have no doubt you will have a spectacular time.

easyquilts
October 6th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Oh, how wonderful! That man is a genius! You are going to learn so much...and have a great time doing it!. Yay for you!

Sandy Navas
October 6th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Yeah for you!!! I'm not gong to the retreat, but I do have tickets to his lecture on the 6th.

Congratulations on your special award, too!!

KaylaWalker
October 6th, 2015, 10:11 AM
You will have so much fun at the retreat! It's an experience you'll never forget.

irishrn
October 6th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Congratulations!!! Have fun!!

Snip Snip
October 6th, 2015, 10:27 AM
That sounds like so much fun! Where is the retreat? At M* or in St Louis somewhere? Or New York? Or Paris? Or on a Greek Island? Yeah, a Greek Island.....Need someone to go with you and hold your rotary cutter?

tamsterg7
October 6th, 2015, 08:55 PM
That sounds like so much fun! Where is the retreat? At M* or in St Louis somewhere? Or New York? Or Paris? Or on a Greek Island? Yeah, a Greek Island.....Need someone to go with you and hold your rotary cutter?
It is at MSQ - as good as Paris or a Greek island!