PDA

View Full Version : Monday monday

Monique
October 5th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone. Yes up and at'em early. I don't sleep well. It is our last day at retreat. I have accomplished a lot, pictures when I get home. This morning I have one Dresden plate to finish appliqueing. It is a Christmas table runner that I was going to take with me tomorrow for our auction sale, but one of my friends here insists that I keep it for myself. So just for her, I will keep it. I was also invited to go to another retreat in March in Lancaster, PA during the quilt show time. She has rented a house down there. I feel very privileged to have been asked.

I hope all is well with y'all. Remember to smile today. Have a great day.

Mom23
October 5th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Good Morning All. The morning news is full of horrific flooding video from the Carolina's. We could use a little rain here but nothing like they are receiving. Pray for all of those affected.

Tonight I have a couple ladies coming to sew with me. I look forward to sharing skills with each other. Lots to get done before they get here.

I started a Turning 20 quilt Friday and almost have it finished. It all started with two little packs of 2 1/2 Daysail squares that I couldn't figure out what to do with. I ended up with two pillows that turned out really cute. Then I remembered I had a Daysail Fat Quarter Bundle so I dug it out, picked 20 FQ's and started cutting. My hope is to get it done tonight so I can take it to Sylvia for quilting Wednesday.

I have my M* shopping cart filled with items just waiting for a DD I want. Today is not the day but I still have plenty of time to get a golden ticket!

I can't wait to see everything Monique has made at her retreat. I will be on retreat November 2-6 and can't wait. My projects are packed up and ready to go!

Have a wonderful day!

Ginny B
October 5th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning. I have the day off today so I've been taking it easy and catching up here a bit here and on the news. Prayers for all those affected by the flooding southeast of us.

Monique, sounds like you have really been accomplishing a lot on your retreat. Enjoy your last day there. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Well, I am going to head into the kitchen and get some beef barley soup into the crock pot and then spend the day in my sewing room on a solo retreat.

Have a good Monday everyone. Be safe

Lori63
October 5th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Good morning:)

I'm actually in a great mood for a Monday! I didn't leave my house all weekend and boy did I get a lot done. Absolutely no laundry in the laundry basket, all the bills paid, all the paperwork that tends to stack up, gone through and either thrown away, recycled or filed, and the house is clean. I feel so accomplished!

Robin, we have a friend in North Carolina and he says it's bad. I do hope they all weather the storm and come through ok.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day:)

Granny Judy
October 5th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I'm HERE,,, at last. Hello everyone. It has been a full week (just past) DD#2 had her surgery. DD#1 flew in from Florida to help out with all the post op care and give me a rest.

The surgery went well. DD was home after surgery was done and she was fully awake. (They sure don't keep people overnight anymore) Thankfully DD#1 is a RN. And she looked after her little Sis.

Day 3 after surgery DD#2 was up and at em.. so I was taken out to a quilt show and shopping at a few thrift stores. DD#1 wanted some shirts to make over into aprons. I found a complete comforter set. (pillow sham & skirt with matching top) for under $20.

Day 4 & 5 we did some gourmet cooking. steak with roasted sweet potatoes and shrimp fried rice. DD#1 is into the fancy stuff... and she was just showing off!! LOL. I like her to show off- it means some real fine cooking and great tasting goodies. A trip to the Harley store for her DH & 2 sons. They needed souvenirs.

We had to have a fire and roast marsh mellows on Day 6... along with a big pot of chilli since it turned off so cold here.. Again it was gourmet Chilli that simmered most of the day.

We sadly said goodbye and saw her off to fly back home on day 7. DD#2 is doing great, surgery site is clean and healing. She was able to get showered and dressed by herself. Tues the tube comes out and we get the results of the biopsy.. (second stage of CA treatment) All Chemo is done.

Whew, today I get to rest and put everything back in its place. DD#1 cleaned the kitchen after her cooking spree , but nothing got back in it's rightful place. LOL.

Hope this finds everyone happy and in good health. Missed visiting with ya everyday of this past week, Off to catch up on everything... Hugs headed your way.

SewnByBee
October 5th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Good Morning All,

Getting up, consuming COFFEE, to get motivated.

Hope all is safe with the flooding.

Happy for all the Blessing you are enjoying.

Prayers for those in Need of being Blessed.

Happy, Grate, Wonderful, Exciting, Beautiful,Productive, DAY, to You, EVERYONE😁 !!!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Hello folks! I've been hosting my grandkids for the past 3 nights and on into the week as their mom works her last overnight shift at the hospital before they move to NY. I'm glad to have this time with them, because I am going to miss them so much.

Need to get going on some costuming projects. Wish I could just play in the sewing room, not work!

Need to find stash space for my treasures I brought home from the retreat. They are still on the dining room table and floor! I'm going into using a Sizzix Big Shot. Ordered some dies and I need to find a dedicated space for it.

Hope you all have a great day!

JCY
October 5th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Another cloudy a.m. here. We've had the furnace going for 2 days. Had a drastic change in the weather. It might reach 70 today. Only in the 60's the past 2 days. The leaves are turning here in town. Aspens in the mts. are past peak now. I've been working on the Star Cakes pattern from the Fat Qtr. Shop--baby quilt size. It's taking some time, since it's all HSTs. The block is a 16 patch, which trimmed to 14 & 3/8" square. I used fabric from my FQ stash rather than pre-cut 10" squares. Some of the FQs I had picked up for only $1.00 or 1.50. I hope to get the blocks sashed, sewn together, & borders added today.

I watched a couple of Jamie Wallen's YT tutorials last eve. One was about adjusting tension on longarms. That was very informative & helpful. If you have or use a LA, I'd recommend that tut. He explained adjusting the tension much better than the shop owner who set up my Tiara II.

I hope Blondie gets her computer fixed soon. I miss seeing her here. Have a good Monday.

ceiliam
October 5th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Morning all been up since 1 am. Hate it when I can't sleep. Got the top done for COC quilt want to send 2 to Blondie . I also got the blocks all done to make 2 donation quilts for mom for her humanitarian project. Anything for my sweet mom. Then on to cleaning my sewing room. Scares me to death. Hope all have a great day, Cecelia

Simply Quilting
October 5th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Good Morning! It was so nice to get back into the sewing room over the weekend. I worked on some table runners that I created my own design and pattern. They turned out nice. I'm hoping to get back tonight and work on a couple more projects.

Have an amazing day everyone :)

aliaslaceygreen
October 5th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Good morning! Oh, who am I kidding, its late afternoon. But, hey it's my day off! I just took a turkey out of the oven... will drive dinner up to DH because he had to work over till midnight...I am just getting to editing of my Florida photos, because I FINALLY finished and delivered the wedding photos from a few weeks back. Great feeling to be done with that; I look forward to hearing how they liked them....
So, probably no quilting time today, but....
(((((((((((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))) ))))))))))))))

Angelia
October 5th, 2015, 05:08 PM
mmmmmmm....turkey!