PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Finally Being Answered

Mom23
October 4th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Hello to All,

Many of you know I've not been able to have a relationship with my 16 month old grandson. My son called tonight to see if I can babysit every Friday since they are switching babysitters. That means I will have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to get to their house by 7:15 but I don't mind at all. This Friday will be the first time I will ever be in a room alone with him, read a book to him, change his pants, play on the floor, feed...... I'm so excited!

Jean, they are going to give me a car seat so I can take him places. We might have to come visit you sometime when we get settled into a routine.

I will continue to pray for a relationship with my daughter in law. Baby steps.......

Robin

pcbatiks
October 4th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Wonderful news, Robin. Hoping things continue to improve in this situation.

Altairss
October 4th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Wonderful news. Baby steps indeed.

Connie Jo
October 4th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Great news. Hope things continue in a positive direction. Hugs

Jean Sewing Machine
October 4th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Robin, that is such good news! I would love to have a visit from you and your darling grandson! Continued prayers for the relationship with DIL to become more cordial.

Monique
October 4th, 2015, 10:49 PM
That is wonderful news.

Sandy Navas
October 4th, 2015, 10:54 PM
You have no idea how I have prayed for you!! Such a wonderful blessing!!

Lori63
October 5th, 2015, 12:05 AM
Oh that is wonderful news! I know you will enjoy each and every Friday!

TMP
October 5th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Reading your good news made me smile all over. Grandbabies are the best thing ever.

Grandma Nan
October 5th, 2015, 12:54 AM
Oh Robin, I can only imagine how excited you must be. This will be wonderful for you and at 16 months they are just at the most wonderful discovery age. You are getting the best time (in my opinion) to spend with him. I certainly hope that the relationship with you DIL improve.

jjkaiser
October 5th, 2015, 01:35 AM
Alright! That is such happy news and ypu have a whole week to plan and look forward to it! It is a delightful age

stationarymom
October 5th, 2015, 02:19 AM
Oh Robin what wonderful news.I hope this works and helps the relationship with your DIL also.Maybe if she see's how you and the baby bond she won't hesitate to try harder herself.I'll keep you in my prayers.

Bubby
October 5th, 2015, 02:22 AM
This a great news, Robin. It's a wonderful beginning to what I pray will be a healing of your relationship. Have a great time!

easyquilts
October 5th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Oh, Robin... Being the grandmother of five boys, I am thrilled for you... Enjoy!

GuitarGramma
October 5th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Robin, I had not heard of your struggles; they break my heart to hear. I'm so happy that you'll be able to spend time with your grandson because there's nothing better. I hope also that this is the first step in a long line of healing steps.

redcaboose1717
October 5th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Robin,
I know where you are coming from. I have a DIL that ( and I don't know what I did....) won't speak to me. Of course my son sides in with her. They have a 4 yr old daughter, and a 6 month old daughter I have never seen......no pics, nothing. I did send the DIL flowers when the first one was born, but didn't do anything this last time. The birth anouncement appears in our local paper...and my name is always left out. You know, while we have our issues, airing family laundry in public like that is wrong I think...but there's little or nothing I can do about it. I have lost a couple of friends due to this, as they apparently believe my DIL ...and of course I won't defend myself, I don't think I should have to, when I didn't do anything wrong.

Congratulations....enjoy the baby !!!

Suzette
October 5th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Robin, I didn't know about your struggles (and Sugar, I am sorry to hear that you have a similar situation and will keep it in my prayers), but I am happy to hear this news! I know you will enjoy every second with your grandson! :icon_bigsmile:

stitching woman
October 5th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Wonderful news, prayers do work.

ceiliam
October 5th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Robin that is terrfic I am so glad for you. Sugar will incllude you in my prayers.

SewnByBee
October 5th, 2015, 10:30 AM
😁 smiling, as I read your fabulous news.

Preys for everything to mend, as ya'll start a New Chapter in this beautiful life. Especially being able to bond with your little one. When doors open, the opportunity to create a new beginning is wonderful.
Be Blessed throughout this journey.🌈.

fatquarters
October 5th, 2015, 12:39 PM
So happy for you Robin. I know you will enjoy every moment.

auntiemern
October 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Oh honey, just read this. I am so excited and happy for you. Let me know when you get this way. God does answer prayers.

Liberty
October 5th, 2015, 01:45 PM
What great news!

I know having as many grandparents as possible in ones life is a blessing. :)

Carol336
October 5th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Oh what wonderful news....you must be walking on air right about now. I know you are going to have a wonderful time with your little grandson....just enjoy the heck out of it.

snippet
October 5th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Oh my! Prayer works!

I'm so happy!!!! I know you are over the moon about this. What a great time you and your grandson will have. Give him a hug for me.

I'll keep you and your daughter-in-law in my prayers. And your son, I'm sure he's in a rough position, between mom and wife.

alliek
October 6th, 2015, 09:33 PM
The best is yet to come. Walk out in faith. Many blessings.