PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning

Ginny B
October 4th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Good morning everyone. Lazy morning here today. Woke up at 8:30 and I've just been sipping my first cup of tea and catching up on some threads here on the forum. We had a n nice visit and dinner with two of my sons yesterday and spoke with my other two. We are all very excited about the two youngest being able to come here in early December. We will be having our Thanksmas celebration. That means Christmas will be early this year so I've got to get myself organized. Looking forward to a great family time.

Today is dinner with friends and then tomorrow I will have my own retreat with me, myself and I. Lol I have the day off from work and have a crock pot dinner planned (beef barley soup) so I've got the whole day to spend in my sewing room. I don't plan on doing any housework.

The rain and wind has stopped here. I hope all who are dealing with possible flooding from this storm stay safe and dry.

Have a super Sunday everyone

EnumclawGramma
October 4th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Good Morning! I had to get up to let my MollieMae out, DH is still snoozing happily and my coffee is nearly ready! It looks like another beautiful day is coming.
Yesterday we spent the day in Seattle with my Bro and Sis in law. The weather was perfect, the crowds weren't bad and the company was wonderful, as usual!
I'm nearly finished with my second COC and will get them mailed off early this week. Then it's on to the next project. I love starting a new quilt, and deciding on what it'll be! Yay for finished projects!!!
I hope Blondie gets her computer fixed soon, I MISS her!
Barb (Babs) how was your reunion?
Hugs and Prayers to anyone who wants or needs....have a GREAT day!

SewnByBee
October 4th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Good Sunny Sunday Morning.

It's a late start today, better late than never, Lol.
Hope Everyone has a nice day, we'll meet up with the kids after they get off work and have a nice supper together this evening. They work weekends because there both in college through the week.
No normal schedules around here, just go with the flow, (kinda drives me nutty, sometimes).
Prayers to all in need of them.
Blessings to All.

Elaine21
October 4th, 2015, 02:20 PM
My day so far has been spent cleaning. Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and washing the kitchen floor, cleaning the bathroom, and I've got a load in the dryer. I'm hoping to get some sewing done this week as I got all the backing fabrics I need to get two quilts ready for the long arm at the end of the month. I've got it cut, I just need to get it sewn together. Hopefully the puppy will cooperate. LOL. Hope you all have a great week!

RockinLou
October 4th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Why am I always so exhausted at the end of a weekend?? ;)

I spent this morning drinking coffee and doing some hand embroidery on a few blocks I was making for a wall hanging, I have the embroidery done and I only had about 6 inches of floss left at the end. Phew! That was close! I took the kids out for a picnic, got some exercise, got a bit of school work done, then enjoyed a nice dinner that took me all of 3 minutes to make (boiled carrots, crock pot whole chicken) before playing Candyland with the kids. I lost BOTH times! And not on purpose ;-)

I'm all organized for work this week and have no papers to grade, which is good because I suspect I will have a drop in observation from admin this week.... joyful joyful. Tomorrow afternoon is a faculty meeting, and then hopefully I can come home and finish the top of my quilt!

The weather here is warm and sunny, short sleeves through October is the norm here in Almaty, and October doesn't seem to be disappointing me this year either! 3 weeks until fall break, I wonder how much fabric I can cut between now and then for making quilts ;-)

goodnight y'all. I hope your Sunday is as restful and enjoyable as mine was.