PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Saturday

sewlucky
October 4th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Hey Owls, whooo's up?

I've been battling a headache all day...no great surprise, as I'm weaning myself off of coffee/caffeine...Dr's orders. I guess cold turkey is not such a great idea, though I don't drink a lot of caffeine as it is, it must be more than I think. Down to herbal tea with caffeine tomorrow and for a week or so after. Not a big problem.

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for a Quilt Walk in a suburb near here. I should be in bed, I am meeting her at 10 and its about a 45 min drive from home. It will be a cool day tomorrow, but hopefully not too bad. There are 35 quilts to see on the walk!

I did some work on a couple of assignments today and I napped but not a lot else. I think I need a quick quilt project, or maybe I should get back to fiddling with my Kaffe Fassett...

What have you other owls been up to this weekend?

Terri

kimsophia
October 4th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Well I slept for 14 hours yesterday and woke up with a bladder infection... :( Luckily I keep the pain medicine for it on hand at all times, as I wouldn't want to ever get sick at an hour that the clinic is open...

So once the pills kicked in I started feeling better and made up a batch of butternut squash soup. I'm also watching the Star Trek movie where they go back in time to get the whales...what a fun movie :)

sewlucky
October 4th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Bladder infection! Ouch! Hope you kick that to the curb soon!

kimsophia
October 4th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I don't get any symptom but pain. :( This is ridiculous. It's the 4th one this year. :P

Midge
October 4th, 2015, 04:30 AM
Got my hoots to add to the noise tonight. Sounds like we are all feeling poorly. Sewlucky, hope your headache is better and you can enjoy your quilt walk. Kim, bladder infections are no fun at all. Glad the pills helped. I had a busy day with my birding group in the morning and we ate lunch together because it was so darn cold and rainy we wanted to warm up as fast as possible. So when I got home I stayed there. Made a batch of banana muffins to freeze and then made pizza dough for a pizza dinner. Since it was Saturday it was Ohio State football on tv - they could easily have lost that game, but didn't. By then I was getting a sinus headache, and I still have it. Just woke up after only 2 hours sleep and took some more medication. My head is pounding. And I had plans to sew during the evening, but that just didn't work out. So I insist that Sunday is a better day! Watching the news I was thinking of our quilty friends along the east coast. They are really getting socked with the rain and flooding. Hard to imagine that much rain in one steady downpour, isn't it? And no end in sight. At least the hurricane is turning out to sea. Going to try to get back to sleep. The pills are kicking in a bit, so this is my big chance. Night all....

kimsophia
October 4th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Yes, so thankful that the hurricane is moving out to sea.

I hope both of your headaches are better soon.

Lightwriter
October 4th, 2015, 08:15 AM
The rain and wind has officially gotten to me! I sewed for about an hour yesterday but spent the rest of the day trying to convince the migraine to leave. Being as the headaches are triggered by weather it is probably a hopeless cause. We are sitting at over 10 inches of rain and now wind has gotten up. The Dan River should crest tomorrow...it may flood an area in town called Riverdale. It is where two major highways intersect and always causes lots of issues. We live out in the country but limits our choices when we venture out.

Terri, I once gave up caffeine (which I don't drink much of any way) and all pain relievers on doctor's orders...she thought it was all rebound headaches. Wrong. Neither helped. The only thing I haven't tried is Botox and I am so sensitive to meds and have so many reactions I can't bring myself to go down that road. That would be meds I couldn't take out of my body. Magnesium helps a tad and I have a triptan for when it gets really bad. After going through lists of preventatives and five neurologists it is the best I have come up with. My two favorite neurologists retired and I have not liked the last three. At the moment my regular doctor is giving me the triptan ( which I take on very limited basis), I hear there is a new med in the pipeline so I may have to breakdown and find a new one...they all seem to push Botox these days and don't like it when I refuse to try it. I am sure it has helped some, but most are not so med sensitive. Good luck with your treatments.

Have a good Sunday all. I will report back in if my brain cells don't rot from mold.