PDA

View Full Version : Hey, MichelleRN and Songbird - I got to go to the Big E!!

SallyO'Sews
October 3rd, 2015, 11:34 PM
Today a miracle (of sorts) happened.

I convinced my DH to take the afternoon off and go to the Eastern States Exposition Fair. (If you only knew what a workaholic he is, you would agree it was a bit miraculous.) It was cloudy and about 50* here in New England, which really worked in our favor, as there weren't as many people there as there might have been if the weather had been nicer. We ate, walked around A LOT, went into all the state buildings, and saw a parade. We also ran into a family whose children had attended our school about 20 years ago. The dad wanted my DH to know that he attributes his kids' success as young adults to the foundation laid by the school when they were little. That was such a blessing - teachers often never get to see the results of their hard work, so it was great for him to hear.

The building we visited had the two things I had come to see: Cream puffs (yes, they were worth both the ridiculous price AND the calories) and the ribbon-winning quilts! So many, so beautiful.

Full belly, sore feet, happy eyes, and got to walk hand-in-hand with my sweetie for hours. :icon_hug: What a nice day!

p.s. Sorry - I initially posted this in Show & Tell in error. Anyway, this is where is belongs.

songbird857
October 4th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Sally - I'm so glad you went! I used to go almost every year when my kids were younger - haven't been in a few years :)

stationarymom
October 4th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Sally I'm so glad you got to go this year,we haven't been able to make it yet.I love the Big E and so do my kids even though they are grown.I usually start my Xmas shopping there by finding some arts and crafts to buy for someone on my list.

MichelleRN
October 4th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I am happy that you got to go. While the weather was not beautiful it probably was perfect for thinning out the crowds at the fair. I enjoyed myself when i went and of course the quilts were great.

Sally, where do you teach? I was a school counselor, for 17 years, prior to becoming a nurse 5 years ago. It is always so heart warming to hear from former students and families about the difference you made in their life.