PDA

View Full Version : crazy story....

bubba
October 3rd, 2015, 07:20 PM
A lady in New Zealand saw my skull purse on one of the forums I posted it to. She asked if I make purses to sell and I told her yes, then messaged her since you can't sell on that site. She then somehow found another posting about it and proceeded to order some of the skull fabric to be shipped to her in New Zealand.

Here is the kicker.....she either hurt her shoulder / had shoulder surgery / or both and can't sew anymore, but she really wants that purse. It was then that she told me she was going to send me the fabric to make her a purse! The part that kills me is she is paying shipping to New Zealand from fabric.com, then postage to mail it to me, then the postage for me to mail her purse to her when it's done. By the time all is said and done, it's going to be an expensive purse!!!

I just sit here in amazement.....

Did I mention shipping the purse to New Zealand will be $62?!?!?!?

jjkaiser
October 3rd, 2015, 07:26 PM
Wow that must be a helluva purse if she's going to all that trouble to get it OR else your sewing skills are exceptionally worthy. You must feel pretty special!!

laura44
October 3rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
Cost is nothing when you get a purse made by the best!
She may have gone the long way around but I'm sure she
will be thrilled with your work.

Hulamoon
October 3rd, 2015, 07:41 PM
She could of had you buy it and pay you. She was that excited?

bubba
October 3rd, 2015, 07:45 PM
She could of had you buy it and pay you. She was that excited?

I already probably had enough of it!!!! She bought it before I knew anything of her plan!

Hulamoon
October 3rd, 2015, 07:55 PM
I already probably had enough of it!!!! She bought it before I knew anything of her plan!

Well you could make it already and when you get the fabric send off the bag. She will be blown away how fast you work!

bubba
October 3rd, 2015, 09:20 PM
Well you could make it already and when you get the fabric send off the bag. She will be blown away how fast you work!

That thought crossed my mind.....

kimsophia
October 4th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Oh gee, if you have the fabric already could you just tell her no need to ship it to save her some $$$?

bubba
October 4th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Oh gee, if you have the fabric already could you just tell her no need to ship it to save her some $$$?

I have. I also made sure she knew I was in the USA and she said she knew that but it's a Christmas present to herself and she doesn't care what it costs!!!

redcaboose1717
October 4th, 2015, 03:21 AM
WOW....welcome....then it will be a very special present to her when she gets it !!

kimsophia
October 4th, 2015, 03:33 AM
You already have the very same fabric, but she insists it be the fabric she bought?

bubba
October 4th, 2015, 03:47 AM
You already have the very same fabric, but she insists it be the fabric she bought?

Nope, going to use what I have....

Wwena
October 4th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Shame she didn't order the fabric to you directly, maybe she didn't dare wait for fear the fabric would be gone? She must really love how it turned out. Awesome how much she loved your work. :)

Vonnie
October 4th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Awesome!

Can you show us the picture of the bag?

bubba
October 4th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Awesome!

Can you show us the picture of the bag?

Here it is....this is the one my daughter ordered for herself. She loves it!

Vonnie
October 5th, 2015, 05:25 AM
That is so cool! I like how you centered the skull.

redcaboose1717
October 5th, 2015, 05:40 AM
What an awesome bag....while I am not a fan of "skulls" this bag is absolutely amazing, you did a great job ! How many purses have you made in the past ? Do you make the NCW's too ?

bubba
October 5th, 2015, 03:19 PM
What an awesome bag....while I am not a fan of "skulls" this bag is absolutely amazing, you did a great job ! How many purses have you made in the past ? Do you make the NCW's too ?

Several hundreds....and yes, I do make NCW's.