PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, day 2 at retreat

Monique
October 3rd, 2015, 07:10 AM
I was able to finish two table runners, a third started. Up before everyone of course. Ready to start my day.

I wish everyone a fantastic day.

Lori63
October 3rd, 2015, 07:27 AM
Sounds like you are being productive! Have fun!

Cathy F
October 3rd, 2015, 07:51 AM
Glad to hear you're getting so much accomplished! Have fun! My retreat is in November and can't wait to get some real sewing time in.

Carol336
October 3rd, 2015, 08:07 AM
Sounds like a very productive weekend, Monique. I'm putting a quilting/sewing retreat on my bucket list

Ginny B
October 3rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Quiet quilting time. How nice Monique. Sounds like you are being very productive. Have fun

Mom23
October 3rd, 2015, 09:37 AM
Enjoy the peacefulness of the morning. My retreat is November 2-6 and my projects are lined up and ready to go. Can't wait to see everything you get accomplished this weekend.

Panda
October 3rd, 2015, 09:44 AM
Monique, I am glad you are enjoying yourself and being very productive.

Kathy

Jean Sewing Machine
October 3rd, 2015, 09:50 AM
I had to laugh at the thought of quiet quilting time at a retreat! My quiet quilting time at our fall forum retreat was 2-4 am one morning when I couldn't sleep or another day at 4:30 am when I woke up early! I am amazed that some folks finish big projects at retreats! Must be my latent ADHD! I get very little accomplished! Or it could be 6 quilt shops just steps away that draws me away from being productive. Have fun all you retreat goers!

Sandy Navas
October 3rd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Jean just told why I didn't bother trying to sew at the retreat.

GrammaBabs
October 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
LOL Jean i had to smile reading this! I am guessing that some of these gals are still working or do not have my talent for walking right by the dust in the house while marching right to the sewing room each day!!!!
Mr. Bill just said last night, "are you always in this room",, to which i answered,,, YEP!!!! You know my mission,, and I can actually SEE the bottom of one of my yarn bins!!! One hat per night..using fuzzy novelty yarns (a trash bag dumped on me a few years back) and a 4ply and anything else that looks funky..about 4 to 5 strands on a 15needle... Sis will sell them out at her fairs..:))

GrammaBabs
October 3rd, 2015, 10:22 AM
Sandy,,, I know you'd rather spend time shutting off power strips when no ones looking and doing the "shopping shuffle"...:)))))
Jean just told why I didn't bother trying to sew at the retreat.

Simply Quilting
October 3rd, 2015, 11:39 AM
Sandy,,, I know you'd rather spend time shutting off power strips when no ones looking and doing the "shopping shuffle"...:)))))

This year Sandy was busy taking other people's bobbins from their machines and trying to get others in trouble with her shenanigans.

Monique have fun at your retreat :)

ceiliam
October 3rd, 2015, 11:41 AM
Have a great time

kensington
October 3rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
I have already sent off the two quilts I made up there. Put the fall wall hanging away... My first UFO.. I don't know what to do with it. But, I have one on the board to work on now... my Blue fabric snowman toss, with black and red four patch. It's in my sight to get done next. Then through the winter... I will be making my Mickey/Disney quilt as it will take time.

I made a Jack O lantern wall hanging this week... I'm giving away, I might make another tonight or tomorrow.

jjkaiser
October 3rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
No wonder you all get so much done when you are up sewing or on your computers--at 2, 3, or 4:00 a.m.!! Excuse me I sleep in on weekends, that is I get up at 8:30 or 9:00. That is not late except compared to you guys!

noctame
October 3rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
Any advice for someone whogoing to their first retreat? I'm going on a solo retreat at a N and B that specializes in scrapbooking but has accommodated quilters. I know they have tables, lighting and an ironing board. It I'm worried about not having a checklist of sorts (as this is the first solo vacation for three days I've ever taken)

You see to be very experienced with what a quilting retreat should be.... What should I keep in mind?

noctame
October 3rd, 2015, 09:06 PM
Sorry, B&B lol.

jjkaiser
October 3rd, 2015, 10:17 PM
Have never been to q retreat, was at scrapbook retreat that was open to quilters and I was the only one sewing! They had lots of big long tables but no cutting mats or rotary cutters so if you are at that stage you should take those items. Snacks, chocolate, coffee and alcohol were plentful as I recall. Have a good time. I know there's many others on the forum that could give you a better answer!!

stationarymom
October 4th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Make sure to enjoy your sewing time and the retreat.Please share pics of your projects when over.