PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night hoots @,@

kimsophia
October 3rd, 2015, 02:18 AM
Hello owls and larks! How's it going?

I only got five hours of sleep yesterday so I was pretty burnt today when I had to help a friend run errands. They did mow our lawn again so that's helpful! :)

How's yer situation?

stationarymom
October 3rd, 2015, 02:43 AM
Hoot it;s quiet in my part of the forest tonight.I didn't sew at all today I puppy sat instead.It's still raining here and in the low 60's in my house I'm freezing.I hope it warms up soon at least a little.

Andrea F
October 3rd, 2015, 05:20 AM
Hoot hoot, I'm back in the tree. :D

We came home from our vacation in Turkey Thursday morning. Our vacation was fine, although we were both sick there. Thomas caught the cold our son had a couple weeks ago and was already sick when we went. I slept through the first three days there and only woke up to cool myself down in the pool. Then I had two great days and then I caught the cold, too. I was feeling really bad for two or three days. Imagine a 48-year old sitting on the balcony for hours at night, almost crying because she was so tired and couldn't sleep because she couldn't breathe and everything above the waist hurt from coughing. I really wanted to go home. After those days I felt better and could have stayed there longer but we had only a few days left.

Anyhow, I was quite happy to come home. I really missed my sewing machine and my sewing buddies. I had some hand piecing with me but only did a little bit of it. It's going to be another 3D wallhanging once it's done. (I already made two of those, I have pictures in my albums if you want to look.) It looks better than I thought it would (the hand piecing part), I'm going to post a picture when the block is done.

We already had two busy days/evenings. Thursday evening, our son along with 160 other kids was honored for finishing his apprenticeship with best grades (our grades go from 1 to 6, with 1 being an A and 5 and 6 for not passing) and they all got a glass cube with an engraved 1 it it. Yesterday evening we went to his college for the official graduation where all graduates got their diplomas. It's not as big of a deal as it is in the US but it was very nice. They had a few robes and those hats your graduates wear and they could put it on and get their picture taken. I have some funny pictures of Thomas and our son now :)

Today is fabric market in our area and also a German holiday. I'm not sure yet if I'll go to the market, I don't exactly need anything, maybe a little bit of faux leather and some neutral fabric. Tonight we're going to meet friends for dinner that we haven't seen in months.

Lightwriter
October 3rd, 2015, 06:36 AM
Andrea, so sorry your trip got impacted by illness. Hope things continue to improve.

I am so sick of rain...it has been a long time since I remember a rain event that was so extensive. The ground is saturated and the wind is picking up. I surely hope Joaquin doesn't come this way; after all this rain we don't need a hurricane.

I have been appliquing the H2O Row x Row and there is one row that features Sunbonnet Sue and Sam and their Scottie dog walking through pouring rain with umbrella and boots. It is a cute row BUT.....it has really been challenging. It has a "simple" bargello background I have been piecing with the Featherweight and can't get all the little seams to behave. Of course it does not help I have never done anything like this before. The applique has a lot of little pieces. I have been working on this on and off for over a week now and I still haven't gotten to point I actually put applique on. (Of course I am also working on quilting a fall quilt and stitching some applique rows I have already put together...alternate between them to keep shoulders happy and my brain sane). Maybe if I ever finish the row it will stop raining....