PDA

View Full Version : Thurs, Nov 3

Blondie
November 3rd, 2011, 06:34 AM

Good Morning, all of you lovely people!

Thursdays are a different feeling kind of day, aren't they? Some folk call them little Friday, over the hump day, almost the weekend - whatever you call it, it means the week is almost over and I have to go back to work.

I did get some leaves raked yesterday, got some laundry hung on the line - dontcha love line dried laundry? - and in general piddled around.
I see our Genny in Iowa got in from work last night to seems to be mixed precip. I ain't ready for snow yet. I still need to get my winter stuff out. Everyone form a tight line and hold winter back for a while longer! I know, I know, it's already too late for those who got pelted with all the white stuff last week - is that stuff still on the ground or has it melted? I heard this morning that folks are still without power in areas. One would think that with the cost of energy bills, the companies could afford to bury their lines underground and save a lot of grief.

Each morning when I walk in here, I see so many new faces. I hate that I don't take the time to greet each one personally - sort of a hit and miss thing with me. I get caught up in a time warp, lose track of time and then my little timer goes off. That is one of my bestest friends. The little timer. I set it for 15 minute increments for different projects during the day. You may be surprised at how much you can get done in that short amount of time. And the flip side is - you would be amazed at how many 15 minutes you have to reset when you sit in front of this thing. I made it my mission to start limiting myself because my backside was beginning to contour very nicely to the chair I am sitting in. LOL.

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are today, whatever day it is - as Lisa so rightly reminded us yesterday, they are ahead of us in Oz ~today is their Friday. Some people just love ahead of others. That's okay. Your yesterday is my today. Kinda cool.

Smile!

rebeccas-sewing
November 3rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
I know what you mean! I spend waaaaaay too much time on here. Seems like every morning my breakfast and coffee hour is more like an hour-an-a-half. There are days when I look at the clock and I'm embarassed to say I've been on-line for three hours. Well, this life in London affords me plenty of leisure time. It's going to be a rude awakening when they send us home!!! LOL

KiltedQuilter
November 3rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
It's sort of rainy here today. The menfolk(hubby and FIL) are out putting up our new outside lights, woo!
Baby's asleep, though with the drilling going on I am amazed he is!

Shopping later on, and maybe lunch with hubby(love it when he has days off!)
Happy Thursday everyone! :D

Patrice
November 3rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Good Morning! And so it begins. Company arriving today for my sons wedding on saturday. Most will be here tomorrow. Lots of cooking and entertaining. Bride and grooms nerves are shot. I learned quickly DO NOT ask them anything..lol..

Lisaau
November 3rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
"Some people just love ahead of others.".......what does that mean ?????????

Loonwatcher
November 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Good Morning,

Should be a cool and partly cloudy day today. Possible showers. At least it's not snowing. I'm driving the truck as DH has taken my car to get the snow tires put on and oil change. I have an ambulance dispatch meeting tonight so no sewing. Although I did put my sewing area back together last night (such as it is in the basement). Reading another thread about bleeding has me very worried about some deep burgundy fabric I've used in a couple projects that I haven't dared wash yet. I guess I better do that before I give them away.

This weekend DH and I are going to NH for our annual Christmas shopping get-away. Because I'm making so much this year we don't really need to go but it's the get-away part I like the most. We will be in Concord - any quilty friends in that area? What about quilt shops?

Have a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
November 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Patrice,
Aren't you glad you're not the mother of the bride!!! LOL

Granny Judy
November 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Lisa, not sure being AHEAD is so wonderful...just thinking about "my today is your yesterday" makes me happy... It's like I got an extra day handed to me...

I still get headaches when thinking about traveling West where I LOSE an hour or two,,, then I can get it back when I return home (EAST). Does that Mean if I traveled West til I got to Austrailia, that I would Lose a whole DAY?? And If I continued on WESTward till I reached HOME, How could it be that I just left? Somehow it just doesn't seem right.. so I go by MY internal clock.. when hungry, eat. When sleepy, sleep. When full, go to the bathroom... But that's just ME.

I woke up to a storm's music around 4 am this morning.. and at 7 it is still raining. Rather dreary and cold stuff. But right on target for this time of year.. more leaves, more mud, more SEWING TIME...

Need another cuppa after my Time Travel... and on to finishing the swap blocks. 2/3rds done and should finish them today so I can get them postal by the week end..

ginampls
November 3rd, 2011, 08:58 AM
hi ya all! i wwork today. got a compliment from main manager," you handled that custermer very good." made me feel good. customer wanted a 1/2 a yard of fake fur but wanted just a wee bit more... so like i can sell you however much you want.. so she got 20 inches of the stuff. cool no problem...wellofftogetabbey ready for school.

Monique
November 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
I am childless today. We took Maizyn back home yesterday. Oh my what a wonderful week it has been. I could hug and kiss her as much as I liked. She was such a good girl for grandma and poppa. Today I will tidy up from the whirlwind Maizyn and start sewing my 3 dudes blocks.

Yesterday I bought some oven mitt stuff, don't know what to call it. IT WAS $49./metre. Ridiculous. I only bought 1/2 metre and with 25% off, it was still $18 which is not bad I guess. Now have to find a pattern for oven mitts. Anyone have a good one.

Cloudy, grey and wet today. Good for sewing.

Glad to be back here and everyone have a wonderful day.

Bubby
November 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
GOOD MORNING,

YES, IT'S A GRAND THURSDAY. WE'VE HAD SLEET AND DRIZZLES ALL NIGHT AND THEY ARE PREDICTING WE WILL HAVE IT ALL DAY. I'M NOT COMPLAINING, AS SO MANY OF OUR QUILTY SISTERS AND THEIR FAMILIES ARE STILL WITHOUT POWER.

I COMPLETED THREE DRESDEN BLOCKS LAST NIGHT - JUST SIX MORE TO GO. WE HAD TO CANCEL OUR TRIP TO SPRINGFIELD SATURDAY SO THE DRESDEN WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I CAN FIND THE RIGHT 1930'S PRINT FOR THE BORDERS. I NEVER BUY BORDER FABRIC UNTIL A QUILT IS DONE AND HOPEFULLY 'SPEAKS' TO ME ABOUT WHAT THE BORDER SHOULD BE - OR MAYBE NO BORDER AT ALL!

i'LL CHECK ON YOU ALL A LITTLE BIT LATER. MY BACK HAS HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH WITH THE COMPUTER CHAIR. EVERYONE STAY SAFE AND WARM .......HUGS, BARB

patticakes
November 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Happy Friday Eve! Up but not "at em" this morning for sure! Just cuddled under quilt in a chair thinking I should make some coffee. I love the dark peace and quiet in the am to practice my gratitude and think about my day ahead. Today I have to tackle the frig and pick up the mess from yesterday's stitching project. I made a cute little quilted portfolio for my granddaughter and it helped fire me up to make some more gifts.
We might have some family over for dinner tonight but I won't know till later. Anywho, I'm off to make some coffee to get my motor running!
Happy day to all!

Kizzie
November 3rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
Morning everyone again I have started a new project... my tumbler quilt I am in the middle of 3 projects now tsk tsk I just get sooo excited and I just wanna create all new things !! ahahah

I'm now waiting on a few orders some should arrive today and some tomorrow I'm so excited lol!!!! cant wait till I also get my Summer Breeze charm Pack!! hooray! Looking very forward to creating a new design!

Hope everyone is having a good day today and best wishes to those of you who arent!!

Take care

Happy Thursday!!!

Sandy Navas
November 3rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
I've been on, checking in, but I'm turning in now. Got caught with the creeping crud and took some Thera-Flu a bit ago - think it's worse than the other symptoms.

Hugs to all!

LynneLeavell
November 3rd, 2011, 12:39 PM
Blondie I know what you mean about your back side forming to the shape of your computer chair. If mine isn't in the computer chair at home it's in the sewing chair. We are suppose to reach 70 today before the rain comes in this afternoon and then cooler temps again. Oh well got to get to work the computers are going to be shut down this afternoon changing servers and I'm trying to get my computer stuff done. Today is my Friday at work and then off for a long weekend. This is my favorite weekend of the month I have to quilt clubs that I'm a member of and they fall on the first weekend of the month.

Happy quilting everyone. Stay warm and dry.

alicaz
November 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
what happened today - my son looked out the window this morning and said: Mommy, why is that strange guy laying in our driveway?
I look out and really - an older man lays in there. He looked kind of shabby so my first thought was that he could be a drunk (liquor store is around the corner). So I sent my hubby to ask if he's ok, in the mean time a man from the other end of the street came running that he saw the man having some kind of seizure. So my hubby called 911, paramedics came very quickly and took him away... Poor guy, hope he's doing ok...

Blondie
November 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Folks
Home for a quick lunch break and thought I would check in with everyone. My 96 yr old Mrs. Martin had a mini stroke yesterday, which is why I am able to be home at this moment. If she comes home from the hospital today, I will go to her house today or tomorrow sometime after work and comb her hair out. Thank goodness curling irons are portable. She is like a Mom to me.
Lisaau! My apologies for the typo - meant to say something cheeky like live their day earlier but, hey, love works too. Keeps everyone guessing, I reckon.
Alicaz - how scarey is that. Hope the man is okay.
Sandy, hope you are going to kick this crud in the buttocks right out the door.

Everyone else, enjoy your day - sun is shining here, warmed up just a bit, I think it's in the 50's by the feel of it. All the leaves I raked yesterday are back. LOL. why even bother until they all fall, right? Because I SLIP easily and no one would find me for hours if I couldn't get up. But then I think to myself while looking in the mirror, weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

Off to grab a PBJ and back to work.

Smile!

Lola2Ace
November 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I'm like Sandy and have caught the creeping crud, mine is thanks to DH for sharing it. I toughed out a couple of days at work, but called off today and have spent the better part of it in bed. I am playing with my fabric, just a bit because the exhaustion just slams ya. Prayers to all, hope you feel better soon Sandy and anybody else that is under the weather.

bakermom
November 3rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I went for a long walk with DD, GS and my dog(who gets ridiculously excited whenever she meets up with DD1) It was a beautiful day to walk, cool but not cold, overcast but no rain.
Dh and I raked up the front yard yesterday-WE have no trees in the front yard yet the entire devilstrip was covered 2ft. deep when we finished. all from our neighbors beautiful maple tree. It's really not all that big, and yet............
I hope to get some chores done before we take off for a 4H dinner tonight. I'll go straight from the dinner to work so no nap for me tonight. After nearly 20 yrs of working this shift I really have become conditioned to fall asleep every evening after supper. (much to the amusement of my family)
I've been playing around with the 10-minute block. Not totally sure I like it, but i'll make enough blocks for a lap quilt. I need to get bbusy and make somethings for the charity auction my DD works on every year. i usually send some tote bags and a couple lap or baby quilts. Last year I squared up fleece remnants I had and added a crocheted edging for baby blankets. It's an easy thing to work on while watching TV.

rebeccas-sewing
November 3rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Sandy! Did you catch something from the trick or treaters???
I've been on, checking in, but I'm turning in now. Got caught with the creeping crud and took some Thera-Flu a bit ago - think it's worse than the other symptoms.

Hugs to all!

rebeccas-sewing
November 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm like Sandy and have caught the creeping crud, mine is thanks to DH for sharing it. I toughed out a couple of days at work, but called off today and have spent the better part of it in bed. I am playing with my fabric, just a bit because the exhaustion just slams ya. Prayers to all, hope you feel better soon Sandy and anybody else that is under the weather.YYou know the drill - rest, fluids, rest, fluids, etc. etc. Hope you get well soon.

rebeccas-sewing
November 3rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Happy Friday Eve! Up but not "at em" this morning for sure! Just cuddled under quilt in a chair thinking I should make some coffee. I love the dark peace and quiet in the am to practice my gratitude and think about my day ahead. Today I have to tackle the frig and pick up the mess from yesterday's stitching project. I made a cute little quilted portfolio for my granddaughter and it helped fire me up to make some more gifts.
We might have some
family over for dinner tonight but I won't know till later. Anywho, I'm off to make some coffee to get my motor running!
Happy day to all!
Glad to see you, Patti. Seems like I haven't seen you on here for a while. Is it my imagination or have I just been totally unobservant?

Sandy Navas
November 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
But then I think to myself while looking in the mirror, weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

Off to grab a PBJ and back to work.

Smile!

I wonder how many of the youngsters here catch on to that line? LOVE IT. Can I borrow it?

quilter.martha
November 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Good Morning,

Should be a cool and partly cloudy day today. Possible showers. At least it's not snowing. I'm driving the truck as DH has taken my car to get the snow tires put on and oil change. I have an ambulance dispatch meeting tonight so no sewing. Although I did put my sewing area back together last night (such as it is in the basement). Reading another thread about bleeding has me very worried about some deep burgundy fabric I've used in a couple projects that I haven't dared wash yet. I guess I better do that before I give them away.

This weekend DH and I are going to NH for our annual Christmas shopping get-away. Because I'm making so much this year we don't really need to go but it's the get-away part I like the most. We will be in Concord - any quilty friends in that area? What about quilt shops?

Have a great day!

Nancy, try Quilted Threads in Heinnker, NH. It's not too far from Concord--off of Route 9 as you're coming towards Concord. That's where Cynthia and I met up last week. It's a pretty fantastic shop--lots of clearance fabrics. Here's a link to their web site: http://www.quiltedthreads.com/

Happy shopping!

janluna
November 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Nancy, You could wash your quilt with the "Shout Color Catchers." They work really well. I won't use just one though. I'd wash the quilt alone and add about 4 of them to the wash. It worked for me.
Sandy, Honey, I hope you feel better soon! And also the other lady that said she had the creeping crud too. Sorry, I changed pages and can't remember who said they were sick too. Forgive me! I'll say prayers for both of you though. And Rebecca is right! Lots of fluids, and rest!!! Especially you Sandy, with the way you've been feeling lately, you probably will need a lot of naps to beat this.
It's cloudy and damp and cool here too. My back has been hurting all day! I keep going into spasms. Ouch!
I remember weebles wobbles but we don't fall down! I'm so old! LOL
Blondie I'll say prayers for your client to get through this "little stroke". She probably had a TIA, and will snap back quickly.
Oh Lola, You're the one that has the creeping crud. Sorry honey, those momentary lapses are the pits! LOL Hope you feel better quick! You are in my prayers too!
I sewed 3 rows for my SIL's tumbler quilt today. Just couldn't stay at it, my whole body is having spasms all over. My back, legs, arms, hands! Good thing I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow. He's going to get an ear full. I'm sick of hurting!! He probably won't do anything but I'm telling him anyway! LOL
Gina, do you get days off? Every time you post, you had to work. So much for part time, huh?
Once you get all trained they will probably back off the hours. How is Mom doing this week? Better I hope. Love you Sweetie!
Well, I've blabbed enough for now, so I'll shut up ( if that's possible! {;-p ) Love and hugs, and prayers for all, Jan L.

mianmom
November 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
What an awesome day today! I'm working on two tote bags for my aunt who wants to give them for Christmas gifts this year. I got both sides to both bags sandwiched and quilted today. Now all I have to day its make up their bottoms and handles and put them all together!! Won't be able to work on them tomorrow I have my appointment with the orthopedic dr and then have my normal Friday shopping to do. But I am hoping to be able to work on them on saturday, might even be able to get them done. Then I can start another Christmas project. Have a good night every one!

Blondie
November 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM

Hi ladies
all ready for beddy bye here. Mianmom, please share pics of your totes!
Sandy, help yourself to the weebles. LOL.
Rebecca, my middle son was born with really curly red hair. Runs in the family. Skipped me (the red) but when I was younger and my hair long, it was curly. Shorter it's just wavy and most of the time I can work that out. LOL. I remember back in the 60's before curling or flat irons, I would iron my hair and tape my bangs down flat. Geesh, what a dork.
Why do we have to reach middle age before we learn to embrace ourselves for what we are?
Nighty night, everyone. Catch you in the a.m.

janluna
November 4th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Because Wisdom is wasted on the young, Blondie. That's why. Sweet Dreams everyone! God Bless and keep you. Hugs, Jan

phoots
November 6th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Hi Blondie! As for me, I can't wait for winter. We don't get snow often in Vegas, and when we do it never sticks around. But it does get cold here...at least it's cold to me. Trying to figure out how to dress is a challenge for me because of those pesky "power surges!" This year I'm wearing a lot of cardigans so I can take a layer off if I get to warm. Last winter I never did put my big coat on. Bring on the cold!!! I handle it so much better than the heat!!!