PDA

View Full Version : Hootin' the Night Away @,@

kimsophia
October 2nd, 2015, 02:33 AM
I'm having a great old time staying up late! I have been doing a lot of cooking (for me) the past three days. I've made German chocolate cake cupcakes for a birthday, spring rolls, and cauliflower au gratin. Thankfully they all turned out well. But what a load of dishes for DH to load in the dishwasher. He's got a method. Who am I to screw it up? :D

How are things in your tree? @,@

sewlucky
October 2nd, 2015, 02:44 AM
Things are good here. We had a beautiful fall day today.

Terri

stationarymom
October 2nd, 2015, 02:47 AM
Hoot Hoot I didn't think the Owls were still sitting in the trees I haven't bumped into any lately.It's been such a long time since I've had german chocolate cake I love it.I just watched the new tutorial and I love the pattern does anyone know of other layer cakes that are high contrast? Terrible news today about the school shooting I pray for all of the innocent lives lost as well as the people who will never be the same because someone was mad or had a bad day.

baskets4deb
October 2nd, 2015, 03:07 AM
I didn't sew,a stitch all day. I ran errands, I had to pick up food for the food bank for my monthly donation. A case of peaches were on sale and a case of chili this time. The shelves are so empty this time of year. Next month there will be food drives for Thanksgiving.

I have two quilts at the quilter but should get busy and make some shams. Both my children and one sister will receive bed size quilts for Christmas. In January I am going to make a quilt for ME!

redcaboose1717
October 2nd, 2015, 03:30 AM
Nice fall day here in Michigan. I took a long ( too long ) nap, and cleaned the bathrooms, laundry room & the dinning room...so I am tired. Hopefully I can finish my sewing today.. Right now I am going to take a look at the newest tutorial !

Lightwriter
October 2nd, 2015, 05:58 AM
Wet, wet, and wetter. Sewed this morning, made a little progress. Both the Row x Row applique and quilting the fall log cabin are biting my butt. My waterlogged brain is not helping.

DD had to go to Portugal on business and now Hurricane Joaquin will be sitting in the Atlantic on Sunday when she is due to return. Just lovely. Son also traveling on business to NYC. We seem to have a lot of travel drama lately in this family.

No wonder I can't sleep. Already pouring here again. I don't ever remember so much rain BEFORE a hurricane coming to visit. Schools here closed today.

Sunday School lesson been on Noah last couple of weeks, may turn out to very appropriate. Feel like I need to have him on speed dial for pickup.

kimsophia
October 2nd, 2015, 06:16 AM
Have been searching the internet for instructions on how to make a stiff cap sleeve. I'd forgotten what it was called and Googling "Shoulder flap" was not finding what I was thinking. I actually went to Google Images and searched for Ming the Merciless, as that was one of his costumes. lol Finally my brain coughed up the words "cap sleeve". I would like to see what Ming the Merciless capped sleeves would look like on my orange dress. Now there was a guy who knew how to dress.