PDA

View Full Version : HURRICANE WARNINGS

dwil23
October 1st, 2015, 04:53 PM
Hurricane Joaquin has turned into a "very dangerous" storm. Winds of 130 mph. Flash flooding, rip currents heavy rain and wind from South Carolina to Maine.

Please everyone in it's path be prepared.

My sister is leaving on Saturday for a week in Maine (annual trip). Not sure this is a good idea.

pcbatiks
October 1st, 2015, 04:57 PM
For those in the path.....please take it seriously. So many unexpected things can happen. It's been 10 years since Rita came through our area and we still cringe at the thought of another that big. Stay safe.

shirleyknot
October 1st, 2015, 05:48 PM
Inland and upward is the best place to be........

Sandy Navas
October 1st, 2015, 06:51 PM
Heed all warnings. Please be safe. I'm cringing, too.

mischiefkat
October 1st, 2015, 07:48 PM
Please, heed all the warnings. These powerful storms can change direction in a heart beat. Charlie was heeded to Tampa even Jim Cantore was in Tampa. Charlie took a right turn ..... ground zero Charlotte County Fla Please be save. Hurricane survivor

JCY
October 1st, 2015, 07:53 PM
My son lives in MD. I'm hoping the storm won't be too bad. They have a generator in case they lose power.

Cathy F
October 1st, 2015, 08:03 PM
Hoping it vears out to sea and misses Long Island. We don't need another disaster after Sandy. People are still out of their homes after all this time.

Simply Quilting
October 1st, 2015, 08:34 PM
Prayer that everyone stays safe.

KPH
October 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM
We're staying a couple of extra days in IN, hopefully everything will be alright in NC while we're up here.

aliaslaceygreen
October 1st, 2015, 10:13 PM
Yup yup. Doing all my things---which include some things people don't consider:
ALL laundry finished
coffee frozen in water bottles,
and be ready to get a shower in before it's too late.
Charge the phone and extra battery pack for the phone.
Don't forget to top off your gas tank, and get CASH.
And cat food. Get cat food before coming home tomorrow.

Corporate actually called us today to check on our preparedness at the store. That's a new one. Hopefully it will take the European model path and avoid us, but is has already started raining and they say 4-7 INCHES of rain... so..
Stay safe.

ceiliam
October 1st, 2015, 10:19 PM
Please stay safe, scaredy stuff

Ginny B
October 1st, 2015, 11:55 PM
Got my To Do list. Did some things before and then after work too. Going to have a bunch of wind and rain tomorrow that's not connected to Joaquin so either way, it was time to be prepared. We'll be keeping a close eye on what track Joaquin will be taking

Carol336
October 2nd, 2015, 07:01 AM
We're as ready as we can be, plenty of batteries for the flashlights, water and food. But now they're saying Joaquin is not likely to make landfall in the US.....hope that doesn't change.

dwil23
October 2nd, 2015, 07:45 AM
We're as ready as we can be, plenty of batteries for the flashlights, water and food. But now they're saying Joaquin is not likely to make landfall in the US.....hope that doesn't change.

The forecasted track has moved east - Thank you, Lord!

irishrn
October 2nd, 2015, 01:45 PM
We are having lots of heavy rain here today. Flood warnings out till Sunday but the wind warnings have just been added, so will have to tread carefully. MD appt at 3pm. Leaving early to be sure we make it on time. GF out on the roads said still OK to travel into Raleigh!
Then we hunker down for the weekend!

Stay safe everyone!!!