PDA

View Full Version : Thursday October 1st

Monique
October 1st, 2015, 08:20 AM
WOW can't believe it is October 1st. The sun is slowly creeping up in the sky. It is a very cold morning here, it's about 30 degrees.

I did some running around yesterday. TODAY, I am getting my hair cut this morning, then I NEED to pack for the retreat. I am having a real hard time deciding what to bring. Hubby will be packing as well as he has a man weekend, golfing and fishing perhaps.

Have a great day friends.

Lori63
October 1st, 2015, 08:33 AM
Happy October 1!

I only work two hours this morning then I'm off for the week! Not a lot planned, have a baby quilt I HAVE to get done before Saturday, but other than that, I'm free!
I will probably do some online shopping so I can get a golden ticket. I loved the video!

Have a good day all:)

SewnByBee
October 1st, 2015, 09:25 AM
Good MORNING,

Hope you all have a Grate Day.

Found this I gotta kick out of it, hope you do to.

dwil23
October 1st, 2015, 09:40 AM
Good Morning, all!

Yesterday I had to take our old family Beagle to the vet. My sister had called and said she was sick and she (my sister, the nurse) said "I feel like I am missing something, here". Long story short, yes she was. Beagle (her official name is Morgan Beaglesworth) started having tremors on the way and I thought I was loosing her. Turns out her blood sugar was down to 23. Dangerously low and she was not far from organ failure. They started her on glucose right away and while she responded, it was not as good as they hoped for. They kept her overnight and I am on pins and needles this am waiting to hear. I tried calling but keep getting a busy signal. Hopefully she will be able to come home today. Of course, that means no sewing again today, but that's okay.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all.....

Sandy Navas
October 1st, 2015, 09:41 AM
Just an FYI for those who care. Blondie's computer has crashed so she may not be on for a bit. Hang tight and keep smiling - cuz she said!!

Lori63
October 1st, 2015, 09:42 AM
Just an FYI for those who care. Blondie's computer has crashed so she may not be on for a bit. Hang tight and keep smiling - cuz she said!!

Thanks for the info, I wondered why Blondie wasn't starting the morning thread!

dwil23
October 1st, 2015, 10:01 AM
Happy Update on Morgan Beaglesworth! She has been diagnosed with Addison's disease which is treatable with a daily prednisone pill. They will keep her one more night to regulate her medications.

Now, if we could just get Blondie's computer fixed!

UGH...just realized my stay home all day in my pj's and sew day is going to be interrupted anyways. I have to go get cash for my yard guy who will be here soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 1st, 2015, 10:13 AM
Good morning all! I've been semi- comatose for the past few days since getting back from Hamilton. About caught up on sleep, now I need to catch up on stuff around the house. Have 3 NCWs to build, plus gather and build several costumes for an upcoming play.

Other than that, not much going on here. Beautiful weather here! Hope it lasts for a while!

RockinLou
October 1st, 2015, 10:56 AM
Hello!! I'm dying to put the kids to bed and make myself some snacks and sit and sew tonight.... I have had what was supposed to be a mellow day turn into a bout of mayhem ... To set the scene we live in housing on campus. It was built two years ago, and really should be in good shape, but I feel like I put in ten work requests a week and problems only multiply, not getting solved!

Since August we have had leaks on and off in our shower, there was a faucet we have had repaired ten times in the same stretch and yesterday when a curtain rod was hung they tore up the carpeting, off the wall and exposing floorboards in our daughter's room.

So at one point today in our bathroom we had myself, my husband, 2 handymen, a translator and the school director (who is not a small man) with steaming hot water running... The three Americans in the room were struggling to keep a straight face! When we went upstairs they simply denied ever having touched the furniture but were gracious enough to repair the carpet anyway. Only in my world do I get held back from a camping trip to play a game of 'how many people does it take to stop a leak'... Let's just say that the handyman officially hates me, which is not a good thing because he will still be the handyman no matter what I do...
So I'm excited to put the kids down and work on my sewing tonight because with all the kids gone on a camping trip, I have an easy day ahead of me at work tomorrow.... Hopefully!

Simply Quilting
October 1st, 2015, 11:45 AM
Good Morning! October.....how can it be October already. I am still wondering where the summer and September went to. We have had the nice crisp fall mornings and the farmers have started harvesting. Not sure yet how the crops are yielding. I am hoping that today will be a day that I can stay home and not have to go anywhere so I can get back to sewing.

I hope that Blondie can get her computer fixed quickly.

Have a great day everyone :)

JCY
October 1st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Good Morning! Cloudy here today. We're having our sprinkler system blown out for the winter this a.m. Night temps. aren't that cold yet, but better to be safe than sorry. It's supposed to drop into the 30's next wk. It means dragging out the hoses for a short while yet.

I bought extra bobbins yest. for my new Tiara II. The newer ones have the hole, which makes it easier to start winding the thread. Yikes! $15.95 for a pkg. of 3. A woman came into the shop while I was there to show her queen size Illusion Quilt, which she had made from fabrics from Africa. It was gorgeous! The shop owner took pics to post on fb. (Quality Sewing, Inc. in Longmont, CO)

I'm hoping to get some sewing done today. I've been so busy getting ready for company, having company, etc., that there hasn't been much sewing time lately. I got the binding sewn on the flannel 4-P. I just have to tack the corners & make a label. I think I won't make any more flannel quilts. I didn't care for working with the heavier fabrics. I used FQs for the binding strips. Just my luck: there was a seam as I turned the corners on 2 out of 4 corners! Ugh.

Good news from my gr. son in MD; he grad. from the univ. in the spring. He finally got a job offer, pending drug test & background check. His summer job winds down this mo., so the timing is perfect. God is good. Now if my younger son, who has been w/o a job since Aug., can find work, that would be great. My gr. dau. & her pastor husb. are moving to Colo. next week, so we'll at long last have some family in the state. They'll be an hr. away in Lakewood.

I hope all you folks on the east coast will be spared flooding with these rain storms & with Hurricane Joaquin headed your way. My son in MD expects to get heavy rain. Stay safe!

Cathy F
October 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Morning all,
Off to alate start, we've been pulling more wall to wall carpeting out of the bedroom. Figured better do it first thing in the morning while we're fresh and have the energy to do it then we have the rest of the day to collapse! I became a great aunt again yesterday to a little girl, and another is due in December.
Off for a cup of coffee before break time is over a few more days and all the heavy work will be done. Wishing everyone a productive day !