PDA

View Full Version : Night owl frazzled and wet....

Lightwriter
October 1st, 2015, 02:50 AM
All the night owls must be hiding in the hole in the tree to escape the rain. After a few seconds of sun today we ate due for further inches of rain. Hurricane Joaquin seems to be headed this way with an advance guard of more raindrops.

I did mud wrestle about half the buttercup bulbs in the ground, put the rest in the frig. Ground just too wet to handle.

Sewed a bit this morning but got very little accomplished. Three seams I did had to be frogged. Featherweight ran out of bobbin and had to get my brain screwed in correctly to load and change bobbin. I looked around the sewing room and clearly saw my challenge....each of the machines are a different technology and I have to think entirely different about each one. Kind of like having to get brain straight between working with Apple computers, Windows based machines and the old MS - Dos stuff. Hard to change back and forth.

Think my brain must be waterlogged. Staying high in my tree and hope the water doesn't rise too high.

Stay dry!

sewlucky
October 1st, 2015, 02:56 AM
Sounds like a soggy day indeed Connie.

My week has been good. I got 100% on my first writing assignment (just a personal reflection), visited my friend and gave her the quilt I made her on the weekend (we had a wonderful visit) and I got called for a job interview this Friday for a student position I applied for. That was all on Monday! Tuesday I had a great visit and knitting session with another friend and then today I went to the neurologist about my migraines. He wants to do Botox treatment for them. Anyone have any experience with Botox for migraine??

Early early morning for me tomorrow. Better get to sleep!
Hoot hoot!

Terri

pcbatiks
October 1st, 2015, 03:10 AM
Connie........I'm hoping this storm weakens before getting to your area. Stay safe to you and all other forum friends along the east coast.

Midge
October 1st, 2015, 03:13 AM
Hooting from my branch in mainly dry northeast Ohio. I've been reading about the amounts of rain you've already had along the east coast and now Hurricane Joachim (sp) may be coming too. Oh dear, this can't be good. I wasn't watering so the front yard is still basically dormant and hasn't greened up yet. The rain we were supposed to get this week was just a wimpy little sprinkle. But the air feels like fall for sure. Went to a funeral and wake today, another old friend. An all too frequent duty these days, unfortunately. Other than that not much here. Doing some fall cleaning taking the kitchen apart and got it mostly back together. Still a few cupboards to clean out. Bought some paint to touch up the sadly abused woodwork here. I want to start sewing some curtains for my living room, but I need to get the woodwork looking right before I proceed. Having a hard time deciding between making drapes to the floor or Roman shades. Either would look fine I guess, I don't have a strong feeling about it just yet. No sewing today, though. Going to try to sleep again. Hope I can!

Hulamoon
October 1st, 2015, 03:30 AM
Connie you reminded me of a time where I wasn't using my Viking. I was playing with my Babylock embroidery machine. I got the Viking out and forgot how to wind the bobbin! The Babylock is automatic but this one you have to hold the foot pedal down. What's worse is that it wasn't coming to me that fast. lol

kimsophia
October 1st, 2015, 03:58 AM
It's dry here in Iowa. I had a buddy come over and help make his birthday food for tomorrow. lol It was spring rolls and German chocolate cupcakes. :D Also we did his laundry.

I did get my binding hem sewn in so next are the sleeve holes. After that I need to work on the hand quilted wall hangings.

RockinLou
October 1st, 2015, 06:52 AM
I have a featherweight at home that I hardly ever touch, I really need to spend some time with it and decide what to do with it... I understand the switching between machines anxieties, so much so that when I bought a machine here in Kaz. I bought one that works and feels just like my machine in Atlanta. When I was home sewing this summer I enjoyed some of the more luxurious features, but then I come back and re-adjust.... at least the bobbin and the threading are identical processes though!!

LynneLeavell
October 1st, 2015, 11:15 AM
I have two meetings this weekend in Savannah, GA. One is Friday night and the other one is all day Saturday. Then I have the 5 hour drive home in the rain by myself. I think Blondie is going to get hit with some of the Hurricane weather and then it is moving northward up the East Coast. Praying for all the Forum people up the East Coast in the Path of the Hurricane.