PDA

View Full Version : My little Daisy

HandsomeRyan
September 30th, 2015, 07:05 AM
My wife had a doctor's appointment yesterday and we got a picture of our sweet Bellis perennis (Daisy).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rn-XbXXWixo/TZP5C14qyPI/AAAAAAAAA5Y/EAqyNPUlaV8/s640/Friendliest+Flower-LCMF.jpg

She's estimated to be 5lbs 5oz and while she isn't "due" until November, they said she is healthy enough that if my wife goes into labor they wouldn't try to stop it. I hope she hangs in there for a few more weeks as we have a few out of town weddings planned. She is scheduled to arrive via the side door on November 2 which happens to be my late father's birthday.

Unlike her big brother, I think the chances that we'll get caught in a snowstorm on the way to the hospital will be a lot lower this time.

TMP
September 30th, 2015, 07:11 AM
She is beautiful!!

redcaboose1717
September 30th, 2015, 07:12 AM
The ultrasound photos they have nowadays are just amazing !
Did the docs say that your wife shouldn't travel ? I mean November 2 isn't that far off etc.....and from what you said about the Drs not stopping labor if it started early, it makes me wonder if she should be traveling ?

Iris Girl
September 30th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Beautiful! Hope she can make it through the weddings and deliver on schedule!

dwil23
September 30th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Beautiful!

Your wife and my daughter in law are right on the same track. She had her final sono yesterday and our Little Sawyer is 5.6#. They said he is in position, but don't expect him to come much before his due date - 11-9.

Congrats!

Lori63
September 30th, 2015, 07:34 AM
She's beautiful! Is big brother ready to meet his new sister?

Trish04
September 30th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Awe she's beautiful.,!

Bubby
September 30th, 2015, 07:59 AM
That's a great picture of your Daisy. I hope Tab can hang on for a few more weeks. Babies have a way of arriving when they
choose.

HandsomeRyan
September 30th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Did the docs say that your wife shouldn't travel ?

We are driving from our home outside Nashville to Knoxville. I think she isn't supposed to fly but I don't think there is any prohibition on driving since there are several hospitals along our route and in Knoxville. It would be inconvenient to have the baby somewhere other than Vanderbilt but not a medical emergency. We'll put the baby car seat in the car just in case.

Blondie
September 30th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Amazing machines today. Dang, i just got to hear the heart beat which sounds like pootin' in the bath tub and it was a guessing game on which names to choose since gender identity was up in the air.
Now that I've that out of my system, let me say that your little Daisy is not only lovely but WILL give you perennial joy. Best wishes for delivery time.

Granny Fran
September 30th, 2015, 08:56 AM
So amazing to see your little daughter before her official entry into the world. Thank you for keeping us updated. Hoping all is well with mom, too.

songbird857
September 30th, 2015, 09:16 AM
She is beautiful! Wish they had Sonogram photos like that when I had mine :)
Travel if you can - Daisy will let you know if it won't be possible... shoot, I traveled for a band gig a week before my oldest DD was born - no surprise that she is a musician ;)

Sandy Navas
September 30th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Amazing machines today. Dang, i just got to hear the heart beat which sounds like pootin' in the bath tub and it was a guessing game on which names to choose since gender identity was up in the air.
Now that I've that out of my system, let me say that your little Daisy is not only lovely but WILL give you perennial joy. Best wishes for delivery time.

WHO ARE YOU listening to????????????

Sorry - hijacked.

RYAN - she is such a beautiful little flower. Bet your fingers are itching to hold her.

Tell us what Sawyer has to say! And give our best to Tabatha since we know she's the one doing all the work. You just had the fun.

Cathy F
September 30th, 2015, 09:31 AM
The sonograms today are amazing! You get to meet her before she actually arrives!

Monique
September 30th, 2015, 09:45 AM
WOW isn't technology just amazing. Congratulations again, can't wait to see her 'in person'.

ceiliam
September 30th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Beautiful , bet you can hardly wait

CraftyJnet
September 30th, 2015, 10:14 AM
What a wonderful photo of your beautiful girl! Many congratulations! Daisy is the perfect name.

GrammaBabs
September 30th, 2015, 11:08 AM
All the best to you all.... Prayers and good thoughts.. Hugs, GB

Grandma Nan
September 30th, 2015, 11:58 AM
She is just a doll. Congratulations and hope that Daisy waits until November to make her appearance.

Ahamblin
September 30th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Ryan she is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I know how excited you all must be to meet her.

rebeccas-sewing
September 30th, 2015, 12:16 PM
WOW! Ultrasounds have really improved since I had my girls.

RockinLou
September 30th, 2015, 12:20 PM
How cool! You are lucky you got a great photo! My daughter liked to hide behind the placenta, and my son always put himself into a ball with his face tucked between his knees... only really showing of his skinny little bum!!

Enjoy the weddings, I'm sure they will be a nice distractions.

Navy Wife
September 30th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Wonderful picture. I wish we had been able to see ours like that...I might have sent them back! Not really! I traveled from South Texas to Oklahoma a month before my youngest was due. Doc said stop every hour and walk around a bit. It's only 3or 4 hours from Nashville to here so you should be fine with one stop. Drive carefully with your precious cargo.

HandsomeRyan
September 30th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Is big brother ready to meet his new sister?

He just wanted a puppy. We have been talking a lot about babies and we go see the babies at his daycare every day. I think he'll be a good big brother but maybe not a gentle brother at first.

snippet
September 30th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Oh my! Sonograms have come a long way since I had mine done 21 years ago! Daisy is precious and I hope her delivery is smooth for y'all.

nayzie
September 30th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Smart father, packing the car seat. Safe travels

SallyO'Sews
September 30th, 2015, 04:45 PM
So happy for you and Tabatha and Mr. Wiggles, Ryan! She's already a beauty. Isn't it amazing to realize that she is all ready to go so soon? Love that ultrasound technology. Hugs and blessings to all of you.
~ Sally \0/

jjkaiser
September 30th, 2015, 05:01 PM
As someone else said, ultrasound pics have come a long way!! It won't be long now. My GD#3 is due Oct 10th and I am sure she will arrive early only because my DH is out of town all week!!

SewnByBee
September 30th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Daisy' s pic are outstanding, can't believe the clarity. They have gotten alot better sense my kids were babies.
She's gotten big. Want be long now you take care of her (wife) she's carrying Precious cargo.😜

Be safe on the travels. your not to far from me.We live in north Alabama near Huntsville.

SewnByBee
September 30th, 2015, 09:16 PM
He just wanted a puppy. We have been talking a lot about babies and we go see the babies at his daycare every day. I think he'll be a good big brother but maybe not a gentle brother at first.

This is just a thought,
If you were so mind to bring in a practices baby, to help encouraged gentlness, might help. When our second child came along our baby girl was two and a half. Hubby brought her to see us att the hospital, we situated her and placed him in her little arms and told her, here is your baby brother, he's your you gotta help take care of him.They were OUR gift to both of them to care for eachother and they still do their now 22 & 20. Hope your family is blessed throughout this journey .

HandsomeRyan
September 30th, 2015, 10:15 PM
bring in a practices baby, to help encouraged gentleness

We got him a cabbage patch doll which he calls baby. Sometimes he is sweet to it but other times not so much. I think he'll be a good brother but he is impulsive and has a hard time remaining gentle. Little boys love to play rough! I think they'll need a lot of supervision when they play until Daisy is big enough to defend herself. :)

SewnByBee
September 30th, 2015, 10:31 PM
We got him a cabbage patch doll which he calls baby. Sometimes he is sweet to it but other times not so much. I think he'll be a good brother but he is impulsive and has a hard time remaining gentle. Little boys love to play rough! I think they'll need a lot of supervision when they play until Daisy is big enough to defend herself. :)

The cabbage doll is a grate idea.

They will be fine, parenting is what I call work in progress, if one thing didn't work long i'd go try something elts You know , what I mean, I'm sure . Enjoy every little minute, next thing you know, their grown.

Kgrammiecaz
September 30th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Thank you for sharing with us. What a cutie. Cant wait till she is here and see her in some pink.

JCY
September 30th, 2015, 11:53 PM
My boys both were born in the '60's. Didn't have a sonogram with either of them. Amazing pics these days! I hope the next few wks. go just fine.

My SIL has been back & forth to Vanderbilt the several past weeks with her surgeries for the Deep Brain Stimulator. She sees the neurologist tomorrow to get the control device turned on.

stationarymom
October 1st, 2015, 01:36 AM
She's beautiful! I hope wiggles is ready for her entrance.

GuitarGramma
October 1st, 2015, 02:23 AM
Congratulations, Ryan, on your new Mini Cooper!

SewnByBee
October 1st, 2015, 07:57 AM
That's a great picture of your Daisy. I hope Tab can hang on for a few more weeks. Babies have a way of arriving when they
choose.

Thanks, for sharing your joy with us, very Excited for ya.
FYI. >
SNOW, FULL MOONS, second baby > don't get caught, off guard, .......noticed due date.......these can
Effect due dates.....
Congrats, Oh , I love her name, Sweetnes it is, traffic would be my only concern, every time we go threw Nashville, I have to let my seat back, close my eyes and let Michael have at it. The traffic makes me so nervous.
That's not a long trip, enjoy, hope yall have a wonderful time. excited, for you and Tab.and Wiggles aka BBB (best big brother.) May BLessings be plentiful. 👪 .

HandsomeRyan
October 1st, 2015, 10:56 AM
My SIL has been back & forth to Vanderbilt the several past weeks with her surgeries for the Deep Brain Stimulator. She sees the neurologist tomorrow to get the control device turned on.

I hope it works for her. I actually work for Vanderbilt so I'm here every day. There is a hospital in Hendersonville where we live but chose to go to Vandy because it is such a great hospital.

Navy Wife
October 1st, 2015, 11:07 AM
I agree. Vandy is the best! But we have some very good hospitals here in Knoxville. I just hope you don't need them! Have a great weekend, and bring your umbrellas and jackets. Cool and showers in the forecast.

K. McEuen
October 1st, 2015, 01:45 PM
I don't think I have ever seen an ultrasound picture that clear. Daisy looks like she has the hands of a basketball player.

BellasQuilts
October 1st, 2015, 11:38 PM
Awwwwwww. she's a beauty!

SallyO'Sews
October 2nd, 2015, 12:57 AM
I hope it works for her. I actually work for Vanderbilt so I'm here every day. There is a hospital in Hendersonville where we live but chose to go to Vandy because it is such a great hospital.

My sister is an OR nurse at Vandy! We have several family members who received either their undergraduate or graduate degrees at VU (my son received his PhD in physics there in 2006). Nashville's a great city - hope you're enjoying it.

Carol336
October 2nd, 2015, 06:55 AM
I have 3 ggirls and one gson and believe me when I tell you it doesn't take long for those little girls to learn how to take up for them selves...and they can be so much rougher than those sweet little boys - LOL