PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Blondie
September 29th, 2015, 06:27 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies

It feels like Groundhog Day again. Our much requested rain is continuing and pretty soon we will need an ark. Heads up Northern Sisters - it appears to be heading your way.

Looking over the pictures from the Gathering - what fun for each of you. I just knew that Bob would be the "fly on the wall" to get some good candid shots. Looks like everyone not only had fun but was productive as well. How happy I am for each one who was able to attend.

So, yesterday I went into Pinterest to oogle and dream. It can be quite a stimulating pass time - yet, strangely - quite depressing. I mean, I look over how productive and creative all these people are - and some pinners have prowess of mythical proportions. I also remembered one of my goals was to keep a list and take pictures of everything I had viewed on Pinterest and either created, cooked or cleaned with. So much for that task. Now you know why I don't do New Year Eve Resolutions. My brain just doesn't go there. lol. Today's a new day. I may spend a bit of it crossing things off my Pinterest list and then again, if I scroll enough I will get so tired from planning projects I may just take a nap!

Have a wonderful day, my dears. Smile.

SewnByBee
September 29th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Good Morning Blondie,
Woke up way to early but could not go back to sleep.
It's still raining here too. Yucky mess. All Day they said.

Hope it will be a Good Day for you and everyone.
Gonna have a girl come help me with the house today.
I 'm having to make myself do the unthinkable, ask for
a bit of assistance, well no matter how you word it, still
means the same thing, (help).Not good at that, came by it
honestly. I hope it works out now making space to move
things from my Moms place, the extra help will be nice.

Yes, yes, we may need a boat.....

Cathy F
September 29th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Morning dear Blondie and all others to follow,
Woke up super early this morning, still dark out so don't know what the weather has in store for us. We sure could use some of that rain. It's been so very dry here.

No sewing going on here, getting my sewing fix from seeing all the beautiful things being done here on the board. The bedroom reno has taken on a life of it's own. The mind was willing but the body was ailing so to speak. We finished the painting yesterday just some minor touchups. Now the carpet has to be pulled up, floor refinished, moldings, and such. Hopefully we will be able to find an organization who might take the tripple dresser and hutch top. Hate to just dump it if someone could use it.
Have sewing projects patiently lined up and waiting to be finished but too tired at the end of the day to work on them but better find the oopph to get going as Christmas is just around the corner and gifts have to get done.
Glad to hear May will be back soon, I must have missed the post about her being in rehab. Loved reading her posts, she has been missed. Hugs and prayers for all who need a few extra.

Monique
September 29th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Good morning. I was supposed to work today but it got cancelled. I think it is gray outside but still a little dark to tell. Not sure if we are going to get rain or not. I would like to get the grass cut today before we both go away. Yes, this weekend is the retreat. WOOHOO! So looking forward to just sewing. Les is having a man weekend too. I still haven't decided what I want to bring with me. I may just bring a few of those row by rows that I have. Or some UFOs.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
September 29th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Good morning. Yes, I see that the rain will be heading our way. We'll get ready. (where is that umbrella?)

From the looks of those pictures from the retreat, it seems that a great time was had by all.

Blondie, it's a day for celebration. It's National Coffee Day! I'll drink to that with my cup of tea. ;)

Have a terrific Tuesday all

Bubby
September 29th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Morning Everyone,

If all goes well I will sew for most of the day. Or I may clean house today and take the whole day tomorrow to sew. Jeff has to work a double tomorrow and that would give me an extra long day.

Blondie, send some of your rain our way. We get a sprinkle here and there but not enough to get the whole patio wet at the same time.

I would have appreciated names to go with the faces of the retreat pics. Sandy, Marilyn, Kensington and Fran were all I recognized.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

ceiliam
September 29th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Morning all, finally getting energy back, Cathy. Never feel bad for asking for help, I imagine you have helped many people. I think we all foget it is more blessed to give than receive. Hope to do sewing today howver have massage this am then friends stopping by this afternoon. Have been ironing scraps need to get them organised and see what I have...never seem to make a dent in them.
Have a great day all blessing to all Cecelia

pharris123
September 29th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Morning all! I'm off to Georgia today to visit my mom! Non-stop sewing (she just told me, 'I have lots of table runners for you to put the bindings on for the church bazaar'!) and church cooking and church bazaar. I'm poor right now, but will get to shop through her stash and a couple of others' - that's the best kind of shopping 'cause it's free!

Have a great week, all!

Lori63
September 29th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Good morning all:)
I so don't want to go to work today, I want to be back at the retreat sewing! I have a baby quilt that I have to finish by Saturday so after work that's what I'll be doing. I'll probably be stitching the binding on Saturday morning before the shower!

Looks like all the rain is going north of us, but it is supposed to cool off today so that will be nice.

Have a great day!

dwil23
September 29th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Good Morning, all!

Yes, they say we will have rain for the next few day and then a touch of FALL WEATHER! Highs in the mid 80's and lows all the way down to 68 degrees on the weekend. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, so have to get in gear today. Of course my sister messaged me that her dog may need to go to the vet today, and she is working, so that may put a kink in my plans. I do need to get to Joann for some batting and I will take the opportunity while out of the house to do that.

I know Bob said he wasn't good with names, but maybe someone else can add the names they know (or if you were there, ID yourself!). Maybe next year you could take a picture of each attendee lined up holding a small poster with their name and ID?

It was good to hear that May is doing better and hope she will be back soon.

Blessing and prayers for all today....

Blondie
September 29th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Blondie, it's a day for celebration. It's National Coffee Day! I'll drink to that with my cup of tea. ;)

I need no excuse to celebrate the bean

MRoy
September 29th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Good morning! Blondie's rain is moving into southern KY. It's been a slow week so far...I'm not been very motivated to sew the past few days. I've got a quilt top that I need to get finished and loaded on the frame soon. The recipient's birthday is coming up in a few weeks.

I was planning to go looking for mums for my porches today, but the rain may delay that trip. I'm celebrating National Coffee Day with my second cup. Have a great day!

buckeyequilter
September 29th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Good morning...

I'm still working with my neighbor, Diana, on her curtains. We started the valances last night and they're looking good. When she's finished with these....I plan to make a quilter out of her :)

I have binding to put on a quilt and the final borders on another...I just may get that done tonight. I need to pre-wash and iron some fabric for another quilt I'm making, for my brother. So I have a busy month coming up....then I have a few more family quilts to make and then on to whatever I want to do....might make some NCW's or BGB's.

I have a load of clothes in the dryer that I will have to de-wrinkle and put away, before I get started on sewing tonight. (I hate doing laundry).

Well I need to get busy....have a wonderful day!

irishrn
September 29th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Morning all! Yes, we need an arc. Rain everyday since last Thursday and more to come.
Quilted one of my baby quilts yesterday, today it gets binding. Ready to start on second one. The rest of the week is booked so I need to seize the day! Will try to get pics but lighting is so bad on these rainy days!
Finally made appt for haircut. Since I fell, my head has really been tender and I decided I didn't want anyone touching my head. So I made it for next Tuesday! That will already be too long but I'll live with it!!
Ordered NCW pattern and the swoon Pearl so I'll be dabbling in the purse/wallet world over the winter. Should be fun!!!

Hope all have a good day. If you need the rain, I hope it heads your way!!!

Carrie J
September 29th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Morning Everyone!

Off to a late start, coffee in hand! Send some rain my way y'all!!! Guess our flooding this Spring was the "get it all at once" and then forget it! Sewing again today, manana is back at it in the real world. Shirley "laundry" is one letter short of a double 4 letter word!! LOL! Blondie, LOL! Hope everyone has a great day.....................Hugs and Blessings to all! :D

Simply Quilting
September 29th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Good Morning! We have rain here today. I'm taking one child to the dentist today for a filling. Working on unpacking from the retreat. Other than that nothing exciting going on around here.

Have a great day everyone :)

aliaslaceygreen
September 29th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Good morning! I didn't really disappear, just went to Florida for the weekend and left all my technological issues behind... one of which was fighting with this site about what my password was! However, I had a fabulous time and they may even let me back into Rainbow's End Quilt Shoppe in Dunedin!!! O. M. G..... I was VERY good. I think. I think I was very good. I mean, I didn't buy EVERYTHING, so....

The lunar eclipse was a bit of a cloud out for me--- I snuck a few shots at the beginning and end, but it was perfectly cloudly during the red parts... ....
Off to see what mischief you were all up to.... have a good day...

SewnByBee
September 29th, 2015, 11:13 AM
NEED MORE
COFFEE !!!!

Sandy Navas
September 29th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I have to share that this is probably what happened to boB at the retreat on Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NLtfcSU5fs

or maybe this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9sVsfpkDQ

No one is sharing details and unfortunately there wasn't a video running . . . just saying.

I keep reminding myself that STRESSED backwards spells DESSERTS.
Moving, packing, house-hunting . . . what else can I say.

We checked out a potential yesterday afternoon. Do you realize how deceiving realtors' photos can be? And there's a reason some don't show the kitchens and bathrooms on their photos. How many people here have ever lived in a 4-level split-level? I didn't even know they existed. And aren't there codes about stair railings? Must have been a remarkable sale on thick, dark brown carpeting too.

Monique
September 29th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I have to share that this is probably what happened to boB at the retreat on Saturday:

No one is sharing details and unfortunately there wasn't a video running . . . just saying.

We checked out a potential yesterday afternoon. Do you realize how deceiving realtors' photos can be? And there's a reason some don't show the kitchens and bathrooms on their photos. How many people here have ever lived in a 4-level split-level? I didn't even know they existed. And aren't there codes about stair railings? Must have been a remarkable sale on thick, dark brown carpeting too.

Oh poor BOB. I would have come to your rescue.

Happy house hunting Sandy.

laura44
September 29th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Good morning all. You can tell Fall is coming here in the morning but
it still heats up later in the day. Moved into our new home last week and
the amount of stuff to put away is overwhelming. Sandy, I totally understand
your post about realtors' photos. The home we bought was shown as tan
in the multiple listings, in person it is a darker brown (yuk). We still bought
it. Blessings to everyone, enjoy the day!

JodyRae
September 29th, 2015, 12:36 PM
A little nugget sent to me by another coffee nut.

" You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine needle while it's running"

Enjoy, everyone!

Doloris
September 29th, 2015, 12:52 PM

Sandy, I actually live in a 4 level split level house. There are 6 steps between floors I have the bedrooms, living room dining room and kitchen, family room and mud room/ entrance from garage, and the basement.
my son lives in a 4 level home/condo that has 16 steps between levels. I will take my split level any day. He is near DC where property is at a premium, so they build up, not out

RockinLou
September 29th, 2015, 01:48 PM
There is never enough coffee. Ever. Best fake holiday yet!

Sandy, where I grew up there were lots of 4-level split levels, I always found the entrance, in the middle of a staircase, to be awkward... but mostly, I think if I were ever to buy another house I'd be looking for a ranch. Or an elevator. I'm only in my 30s! If you're thinking about the world's smallest 3-bedroom condo with no garage, attic, or basement, in Atlanta, let me know, I will sell for $1 more than what we owe!! ;-) The bonus of our house is that it is hoarder-proof. There is literally nowhere to hoard stuff...

I'm settling into my new routines and responsibilities at work this year, I've been managing social media for a friend who runs a PDF pattern company (Candy Castle Patterns) but has been ill, so I'm relieved to be putting that behind me this week and going back to focusing on fun stuff in my free time.

Confession: I've been reading lots of trashy, low-budget spin-offs of Pride and Prejudice. My mom gave me her old kindle, and there were 86 books on there, I figured it would be foolish to wipe it before reading a good portion of her novels. Well, they are complete nonsense, and I'm sure Jane feels betrayed by me, but they are amusing and light hearted. I'm sure Jane will forgive me, after all, my son is named after Mr. Bennet ;-)

I hope you all had a fantastic day, I'm heading to bed....

dwil23
September 29th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Good morning! I didn't really disappear, just went to Florida for the weekend and left all my technological issues behind... one of which was fighting with this site about what my password was! However, I had a fabulous time and they may even let me back into Rainbow's End Quilt Shoppe in Dunedin!!! O. M. G..... I was VERY good. I think. I think I was very good. I mean, I didn't buy EVERYTHING, so....

The lunar eclipse was a bit of a cloud out for me--- I snuck a few shots at the beginning and end, but it was perfectly cloudly during the red parts... ....
Off to see what mischief you were all up to.... have a good day...

Rainbow's End! Did you think you died and went to Quilter's Heaven!?!?!?!?

Their website says over 20,000 bolts of fabric and they aren't kidding. Of course, I haven't been there since Trish left!:D

Funny thing is, when I go there I am on so much overload, I don't usually buy a lot. But highly recommend if anyone is in the area (just north of St Pete/Clearwater).

Sandy, I DO NOT envy you looking for a house. I used to like "house hunting" now I think I would rather take apart a king size quilt made from little tiny pieces than to look at houses. UGH. But wishing you luck on your search.

And yes - those realtor photos are extremely deceiving.

Sandy Navas
September 29th, 2015, 03:48 PM
T
Confession: I've been reading lots of trashy, low-budget spin-offs of Pride and Prejudice. My mom gave me her old kindle, and there were 86 books on there, I figured it would be foolish to wipe it before reading a good portion of her novels. Well, they are complete nonsense, and I'm sure Jane feels betrayed by me, but they are amusing and light hearted. I'm sure Jane will forgive me, after all, my son is named after Mr. Bennet ;-)

I hope you all had a fantastic day, I'm heading to bed....

(Passing on the house offer . . . but you should see my kitchen table, floor, cabinet tops . . . talk about hoarders)

I download books on my Kindle and seldom read what they are about before I click that buy button. So often within the first couple pages someone has already stripped their clothes off . . . what is with that? I delete more than I read but often get into a story before all the excitement starts to play. I guess if you aren't a talented and well-read author that you'll spice things up to attract some sort of attention. I'll never forget the one time Al was in the library and came home all excited because there was a new Danielle Steel book and he put my name down on the on-call list. I laughed, called the library and had them remove it - just not my cup of trash either. And then there are the books that I often wonder why I'm still reading them because the topic is weird but yet I am glued to it because I just have to know how it comes out.

Wish I could head to bed, but I've got to get the kitchen table cleaned off. Anyone need several sets of dishes? How about several sets of glasses? Bowls? Anything? How about a nice crystal salt and pepper set? Chopsticks?

Gee, can't get any takers. But if you are only being quiet because you don't want your friends here to know . . . just show up at the front door with your moving van!! Hurry!!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 29th, 2015, 04:44 PM

Yes, I was there it was something like that!

The funniest part was we chased the spider several times and the darn arachnid kept running in circles right back to the same spot in front of us! I tried to give it a chance to live on, but it chose its own fate by returning to harass again! The only option was to have it meet the sole of my shoe!

And then get a Bob off the top of the table!

Lori63
September 29th, 2015, 05:02 PM

The funniest part was we chased the spider several times and the darn arachnid kept running in circles right back to the same spot in front of us! I tried to give it a chance to live on, but it chose its own fate by returning to harass again! The only option was to have it meet the sole of my shoe!

How in the world did I miss that???? Oh that would have been too funny to watch!

Sandy Navas
September 29th, 2015, 07:29 PM

Your description, Jean, is even funnier than I had imagined!!

Sandy Navas
September 29th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Oh boB, I have a present for you:

You can have all the dollar bills that I slip under him . . . and I have a giant stack of them (just ask Gloria).

Jean Sewing Machine
September 29th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Your description, Jean, is even funnier than I had imagined!!
I was laughing til tears ran! Highlight of the week!

SewnByBee
September 29th, 2015, 09:06 PM
So Grateful........................

Clean house. oK Sew On and Sew On .............

Lightwriter
September 29th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Rain! Sunday School lesson was bout Noah Sunday, I am beginning to think we may need his cell number for a pickup.

Seriously, we have had a total of over 7 inches with more in the forecast. The day before it started raining my fall bulbs came in the mail. They are lying on the table being all lonely for the soil. Sounds like we may have to arrange a mud wrestling contest...

No sewing, ended up struggling with computer issues all day. I sure wish I had a techie brain.

I hope to sew tomorrow. At least I don't have to worry about mowing tomorrow.....

Simply Quilting
September 30th, 2015, 12:29 AM
I

It took me a minute to figure out what was going on. At first I had thought that someone had put something on the bench or someone had poked him. Then I see the spider from where I was sitting. EEEEKKKK!!!

snippet
September 30th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Well darn I missed the spider incident. Must have been in the bathroom or sleeping....

I don't usually read romance/Harlequin books either. Samsung has a free book of the month from Kindle that I will check out from time to time. There are only four books offered, so the selection is very limited. But I've managed to get a few good stories there. One recently was The Silver Falcon. I liked it a lot.