PDA

View Full Version : another rainy Monday Morning

Blondie
September 28th, 2015, 06:59 AM

Happy Monday

Last evening I was hoping against hope and the very overcast, rainy skies to see the Lunar Eclipse and Blood Moon. It wasn't in the stars for me. Oh well, I can watch it online in a bit and see just what I missed. I am a sky watcher from way back. Remember being a child and lying on your back in the summer grass to watch clouds? And then in the evening, try to find the constellations? I've lived on the West Coast and the East Coast and enjoyed the celestial show in both places. Sort of like the beach - each coast has a different perspective. But sky watching anywhere is always great entertainment for me.

This past weekend was just as soggy as the rest of the past week. More of the same this week. It's just that time of year. It's good weather for chili, corn bread, hot cocoa - in general comfort foods and drink. It's wonderful to have the windows open and the a/c finally off. Also great weather for a nap if you can get one.

I did a wee bit of stitching yesterday; today I may get out and visit with DD. I also need to run to the grocery. So, what a big day for me - what about you??

Blessings to all, prayers for those who are in need and smiles all around.

Monique
September 28th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Good morning Blondie. I only saw a little of the eclipse but Les said it got quite cloudy so he did not see much of it either.

I was away for a few days, spending time at Jodi and Phil's. Did some running around with Jodi and now she has an appointment booked to take a road test for her driver's license. I was back home on Saturday. Hubby has been moving furniture around. GEEZ!! Yesterday we were at an auction sale and he bought an old rocking chair, it is quite lovely, but now he doesn't know where he will put it. It is amazing what people will pay lots of $$$$$ for and so little $$ for other things. A beautiful hutch went for $45 and yet a recliner chair went for $250. I bought an old canning jar that I want to put small things in from my sewing room. Maybe wooden spools or buttons.

Today I work until 6. I have the two quilts I sandwiched to give back. She is going to quilt those. I need to figure out what I am going to take with me to the retreat on Friday. I work tomorrow until 1 and hoping I can get a hair cut in there somewhere.

I forgot to add the surgeon's office called on Friday so today I need to contact them. Will let you know what is happening.

Well, have a great day everyone. I hope you all made it home safely from the retreat. I think Nancy should be home today sometime.

buckeyequilter
September 28th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Good morning,

It was too cloudy here to see the moon when I was out, last night.

Had a great week-end. We have new neighbors and she wants to make curtains for her living room and doesn't know much about sewing. We only had a couple of small 'ooopsies', she learned to use a seam ripper. We managed to get part of them made this week-end. She's already talking about making a quilt :)

I managed to get a quilt top put together while I was teaching her to make curtains, all I need to do is put the borders on.

Well need to get ready for work. Have a wonderful day!

Mom23
September 28th, 2015, 08:02 AM
I'm on the bus heading home from my weekend with Pope Francis. I was in charge of a bus load of 50 people so it has been very stressful. We didn't lose anyone, and we all saw the Pope, so a successful trip was had. Will be home in about 16 hours.

Can't wait to get home and catch up with the forum happenings, especially the retreat shenanigans!

Bubby
September 28th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Morning Everyone,

The moon hid behind huge black clouds and we weren't able to see the eclipse last night.

I hope to get the laundry and some sewing done today.

I hope our troops have/had safe travel back home.

Have a great day everyone!

GrammaBabs
September 28th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Robin, so glad your trip was successful...DH and I have been keeping tabs on the Pope from here... What a special person he is.. just what we needed! An inspiration to us all to be aware of the things that "matter", the simple things and how important it is to live in the image of God. Be safe and get some rest when you get back:)... GB(Barbara Johnson)

Ginny B
September 28th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good Morning. Cloudy here this morning but luckily last night the clouds held off so that we were able to see the eclipse.

We had a busy weekend but not enough sewing as I would have liked to have had but I did get some in.

And so now we are off to start another week. I hope everyone has a good Monday and a good start to the week.

See you later.

Lori63
September 28th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Good morning all! I'm back from the retreat and had a GREAT time. I met so many amazing people and learned a lot of new tricks and techniques. If you have a chance to go next year, definitely try to make it. It is so worth it! Plus I got quite a bit of sewing done. I completed a falling charms baby quilt top. And got all the blocks done for a curved log cabin, I still need square them up and put it together.

I did get to see the eclipse last night, it was a clear night here so we had a great view. I didn't stay up to watch the whole thing, but I saw the first half.

I'm back at work and not happy about it. My 21 year old daughter went to the retreat with me and she had a great time too. She made the comment at one point that she wished she could sew all the time! Me too, I think I'm having withdrawal from my machine:(

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carrie J
September 28th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Morning Blondie and All! :D

VERY dark and overcast here, I am sooooo hoping we get some rain out of the Gulf moisture coming in. We surely need it! Begging for it is more like it, lol! Hubs and I went out and watched the Eclipse, but didn't stay up to see the finish. Considering the next time it'll come around, we thought we'd enjoy! Back to the sewing today and tomorrow, along with the normal chores of life. And if it rains, get to watch it as I sew! Shirley, ewwww, sounds like possibly another devotee! Cool! Sounds a though the Retreat was great fun for everyone that attended. Hope all goes well in everyone's world this week, Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them! :D

ceiliam
September 28th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Morning all overslept this am, luckily the sweet little girl who has been walking Petey Pup has door combo so all is well was up till 3:30 this morning cutting out fabric for my moms humanitarian quilt. Hope all have a great day. Cecelia

EnumclawGramma
September 28th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Good Morning and Happy Monday! I slept in a bit today, must have needed it. We went to bed before the eclipse started (believe it or not....) and I got a text from my DD "Have you seen the moon Mama?" She convinced me to go look at it, so up I got, robe and slippers on, all alone out in the dark. The sky was a clear canvas of stars as far as you could see, but the moon? Right behind the tree line where I could only see a sliver. So, she sent me a pic! Beautiful. Wish I'd seen the whole thing!

We had Grands over for the football game yesterday (Yay Seahawks!) and bbq'd chicken for halftime. Today is a day of rest, just a couple errands to run and I can be found in my sewing room!

I loved seeing all the pictures from the retreat. What a great time everyone had, someday ladies. Someday....

Hugs and Prayers all round! Have a wonderful day!

SewnByBee
September 28th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Good Morning,

I missed the moon, but seen very cool pics
We had a wet weekend. Hoping for a SUNNY day.
I felt bad most of the weekend, but I woke up feeling BETTER.
Thank you, Lord. Keep praying, Thank You All for for every prayer.

irishrn
September 28th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Almost a good afternoon to all! Just got back from eye doc appt following up from cataract surgery. Need new glasses with right eye going from 2.5 to 0.5 yeah!!!!! What a difference!!! Left eye cataract still too small to address but he wants to check in 6 months.

I've been lurking for the past few days. That pneumonia vaccine really left me feeling so blah, and the local swelling at the site and under the arm was really very annoying. So not much accomplished this week except the basics. Didn't feel like doing much of anything!

Busy week ahead with more testing for DH at neurology office. 2nd MRI needed plus an EMG. Should be interesting! The first MRI showed an abnormality that needs more study. That will be enough to wear me out!

So I hope all is well. Good to see May back on. Sandy, I'd go for the beach house for sure!

JCY
September 28th, 2015, 01:46 PM
I viewed part of the lunar eclipse. Didn't get to see the blood moon part, as some clouds rolled over. By bedtime, the eclipse was over & the moon was bright. The yard was all lit up this a.m. at 5:00 before the moon set. We have clouds this a.m., & it's supposed to be cooler. My DS was here the past 3 days. We had gorgeous weather: cool nights, hot days. Yest. it was 97! The 2 prev. days ~90. A nip of Fall is in the air this a.m. DS is on his way back to Baltimore. He should be in the air now from Denver, via Okla. City. He did several projects for us while he was here. What a big help that was.

This a.m. I'm doing laundry. I hope to resume sewing this week. It was such a busy (& tiring) time getting ready for company (even though he's family, you still want the house to look nice). Before that, it was the reorganization project to make room for the new Tiara & organize my sewing room. Now I can sit back & enjoy it all.

Possibility of rain & only in the 70's tomorrow. We sure need the rain. I hope everyone has a good Monday & week.

SuzyQue
September 28th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I am so late getting on today, but I made my self finish some chores first thing! We did watch the moon last night......gorgeous!
I spent the morning picking up more sticks and walnuts, then finished up weeding the flower bed. Now the yard looks good and I can do what I want for a bit. Plan to clean house and get some piecing done yet today. So glad to have more energy and be able to be productive!

alliek
September 28th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Cleaned the kitchen,den, and little bathroom. Going to have lunch and sew until i have to make dinner. Rainy,rainy blessed rainy days. Mom not feeling it. She likes sunshine and warmth. I like rainy days. (and sunshiny ones too) . Praying for all on this forum to have a week of blessings.

Claire Hallman
September 28th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful retreat. I went to one about 2 hours from home and it was great until I got sick. I think the flu shot I got last week gave me the flu.:( I ended up coming home after two days, bummer. I wanted to stay and enjoy the company, fun and good food but I did not want to spread germs to everyone else. I came home, took my temp [100] then went to bed for the rest of the day and night. Feeling a tiny bit better today and the doctor is going to work me in tomorrow morning. Hopefully she has some heavy drugs to help me over this. I have a cruise in less than three weeks that I need to recover for.
I did get some stuff done before I had to leave. I got my quatrefoil blocks finished only to discover I had cut my sashing strips too short. aaarrrggg! I may add a cornerstone midway of each block. An unplanned design element.:icon_heh: I also got a pinwheels on point top put together and started the border but didn't finish before I got sick.
I have not even unloaded the car, maybe tomorrow I will feel better.:0 Sorry for all the whining.

Grandma Nan
September 28th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Good morning Blondie. I only saw a little of the eclipse but Les said it got quite cloudy so he did not see much of it either.

I was away for a few days, spending time at Jodi and Phil's. Did some running around with Jodi and now she has an appointment booked to take a road test for her driver's license. I was back home on Saturday. Hubby has been moving furniture around. GEEZ!! Yesterday we were at an auction sale and he bought an old rocking chair, it is quite lovely, but now he doesn't know where he will put it. It is amazing what people will pay lots of $$$$$ for and so little $$ for other things. A beautiful hutch went for $45 and yet a recliner chair went for $250. I bought an old canning jar that I want to put small things in from my sewing room. Maybe wooden spools or buttons.

Today I work until 6. I have the two quilts I sandwiched to give back. She is going to quilt those. I need to figure out what I am going to take with me to the retreat on Friday. I work tomorrow until 1 and hoping I can get a hair cut in there somewhere.

I forgot to add the surgeon's office called on Friday so today I need to contact them. Will let you know what is happening.

Well, have a great day everyone. I hope you all made it home safely from the retreat. I think Nancy should be home today sometime.

Yes I made it home around dinner tonight. What an amazing week we had, so much fun and I sure do have a few treats for you Monique. Can't wait til we can get together again. I'm thinking sometime after Thanksgiving at this rate.