PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Hoots from the Night Owls

kimsophia
September 26th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Well, it is midnight here, anyway! How are yoooooo? I am doing well. I finally got some sleep this late afternoon to evening. I was a crabby wreck with 1 1/2 hours of sleep. :P

sewlucky
September 26th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Hoot hoot! Kim...I would be crabby indeed with only 1.5 hours of sleep!

I'm sick today. Wah. I have been sewing today though! I found out my friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer loves blues, so I decided to use a wonderful blue based fat quarter stack with a vintage vibe that I bought almost a year ago to make her quilt with. I chose the Yellow Brick Road pattern because it is such a great use of fat quarters, and it is quick, fun and looks great everytime. I got all the blocks assembled tonight, and will get the rows and top together tomorrow - there will be a narrow stop border and then a wide navy border with navy binding. I hope to get it sandwiched and the quilting started too. Should be able to I think. I want it finished quickly so I can get it in the mail to my friend right away. I will do walking foot quilting I think, just want simple and not too much so that the quilt stays soft and cozy to wrap up in.

Fall is really here, with winter so quick to follow around here. I was looking at winter boots today because I donated my old ones away when we moved, LOL. I know I will need boots since I'm busing every day now. If my feet get cold I will be cold! I hate that I am already thinking about winter!

Terri (sitting cuddled in an afghan and wondering if I should add a quilt layer too because I am freezing!!)

kimsophia
September 26th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Yes, add a quilt if you are freezing! :D I go from freezing to hot flash in a minute. :P

fatquarters
September 26th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Hope you are feeling well soon to get your friends quilt done Terri, I am sure she will like having it for her journey ahead. YBR will be a nice quilt. Will you label it too?

I was sewing tonight while hubby was playing some great old tunes....time slipped away quilting to good old rock and roll!

sewlucky
September 26th, 2015, 02:44 AM
Thanks fatquarters! I always label my quilts :) I will have to find a good quote to add to the label. I was listening to the Oilers vs Jets hockey game hubby was watching while I sewed. Where in Canada are you fatquarters?

Terri

Midge
September 26th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Missing you all on the night owl news branch, but I'm grateful that my sleep is a bit better - for a few days, at least. Terri, sorry to hear about your friend, but the plan for a quick quilt to send out sounds very pretty.I like the YBR pattern and blues are always a fave with so many people. You will be busy this weekend I think! I love to listen to sports on TV too while I am sewing. I can't follow a movie or tv show without messing up the sewing unless it is something I've done a million times, but games work for me really well. Kim, everyone is entitled to be a crabby wreck from time to time. I know I feel entitled lol. Have a great weekend everyone!

redcaboose1717
September 26th, 2015, 12:44 PM
This "regular " night owl has gotten a couple of nights of decent sleep for a change.....but I really have to get busy making some pillowcases and finishing my table runner !!