PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel Surgery

DebbieDoodle
September 25th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Hi, all! I just had carpal tunnel surgery yesterday. I'm doing fine, just bummed I won't be sewing for a while. I'll be reading the forums, and enjoy all your pictures & projects.

shirleyknot
September 25th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I know how you feel, had both hands done in '91-'92. Once I healed, I took up hand quilting for therapy, and I'm still doing it.

MRoy
September 25th, 2015, 02:50 PM
I hope you have a speedy recovery Debbie.

grammy23
September 25th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Hi and welcome from Pennsylvania. I am very much a newbie quilter. I am a long time sewer and now that i am retired I am looking forward to doing what I always wanted to do ....quilt. I love quilts. I am trying to decide where to start. What is a good pattern for a beginner?

Bubby
September 25th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I had CT surgery in 2002 and it helped me immensely. I hope you heal quickly and can get back to sewing. (((HUGS)))

Ann Roadarmel
September 25th, 2015, 04:52 PM
You will be able to quilt before you know it. I did it in one week. Now I can't even find my scar. Sometimes I forget which hand I had done. lol

dwil23
September 25th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Welcome fro Florida, grammy23!

I was supposed to have CT surgery done 10 yrs ago and canceled it due to my Dad being very ill - never rescheduled but know I will have to soon. I sure do hate the thought of having time off from work and not being able to do anything fun...

Snip Snip
September 25th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Hi and welcome from Pennsylvania. I am very much a newbie quilter. I am a long time sewer and now that i am retired I am looking forward to doing what I always wanted to do ....quilt. I love quilts. I am trying to decide where to start. What is a good pattern for a beginner?

If you have never quilted at all, you could try one with simple blocks. A couple of pretty charm packs will make a cute lap or baby quilt. They are already cut to a nice size. Not a big project. Don't bite off more than you can chew just yet, it could discourage you from continuing.