PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Friday Hellos

Blondie
September 25th, 2015, 06:43 AM

Happy Friday Folksies and welcome the weekend with a wet smile. We have had such a dry summer here in my neck of the woods that we always get a bit giddy when we do get some rain. And as with Murphy's Law (sorta) when it rains it pours. We don't get many sprinkles, we get the frog chokers. Like right at this moment.

Yesterday was a busy day at the salon and today promises to be crazy too. Emphasis on the zee! Poor old gals who get their do's on a rainy day. See, if it were me, I'd call and say, take the day off sister - ain't no amount of aqua net can hold this hair up today.

Hoping that all the Gatherer's are having a splendid time. If I am not too tired I will get back online this evening to check up on them.

Blessings and smiles to all.

Dontcha just love the smell of rain and the time right after?

songbird857
September 25th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Mmmmm... the smell of rain - especially a good thunderstorm - I adore rain!
I'm up and at em early this morning - woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep (on pins and needles waiting to see if, in fact, Cyndi's daughter won that home renovation!) so I figured I might as well seize the day! Well... maybe not seize... grab? ;)
Gotta do a bit of this n that today - clean, shop, hopefully sew... I got to catch up a tiny bit with one of my friends whom I was texting to vote last night - we made a coffee date a few weeks out - it's always good conversation with this friend, I can't wait.
I'm going to catch up on the tutorial today, then get moving - I hope everyone has a great weekend!

kimsophia
September 25th, 2015, 06:55 AM
I'm also wondering when we find out if Cyndi's kid won! I got Gail, Robin, Lorraine, Natalie, Cathy and DH to vote. :) I should get some sleep.

Cathy F
September 25th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Mornng all,
Couldn't sleep so up reading new posts and catching up. Today is more cleaning out in the bedroom project, and tomorrow is a huge yard sale that my Pilot Club is having. Got to get my contributions over there today, and tomorrow I'll be working a 3 hour shift there. So no sewing again this week for me.
Hope the Hernandez family won the home makeover it sure was close. I haven't seen the results yet.
Looks like it may be time to hit the Keurig, and get the caffiene pumping in this tired old body! Hope everyone has a good weekend, and hugs and prayers for those who need a few extra.

Monique
September 25th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Good morning. I am currently at Phil's and snuck out on Maizyn. She is still asleep for a while I hope. She may get up if she finds her E gone. Cats and dog are making allergies bad this morning. Need drugs.

I hope they are all playing nice at the retreat.

Have a great Friday friends.

MRoy
September 25th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Good morning! We've got rain on the way for today and tomorrow. It's going to be a chilly day....might be a chili day too! Happy Friday everyone.

Ginny B
September 25th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! Oh,yes, I do so love the smell of rain. We could use a bunch here. Still behind in our totals for the year. I think I saw something about possible showers on Sunday.

Can't wait to see what the retreaters are up to today. I plan on enjoying my Friday at work -- always a different feel on Friday -- and then this weekend I am going to do a bit of cleaning inside and outside the house and getting the fall decorations out.

Have a fabulous Friday all.

Bubby
September 25th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Morning,

I'm up and moving. I have a doctor visit early this morning and then off for another day in court. They should be done with me today. Not sure yet if we will work in Cuba tomorrow.

I'm making a few sliced quilt blocks from peppered cottons. While I love the softness and glow of the fabric it sure doesn't hold a press and all the corners curl up a few minutes after pressing. I need to start on some Christmas table runners.

Blondie, send us some of your rain. Our days have been really glorious this past week.

Stay busy everyone and have a grand Friday.

dwil23
September 25th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Good Morning, all!

Love the smell of rain, too! We had a pretty wet summer, but none for a couple of weeks, now. DD said her friend who lives just a couple miles away said they had a storm last night, but we didn't get it.

Three years ago today, I became a Grandma! My sweet little Evan has grown up so fast. We will be meeting them for dinner tonight and then the party is planned at their community pool tomorrow. It's going to be a long tiring weekend, but that's okay. Soon his baby brother will make his appearance and we are all looking forward to Sawyer's arrival. Grammie must get busy today and put together the backing for his quilt. I keep second guessing myself on which is the best way to do that. I took two days off along with my regular days off, next week just to get the quilting done on these two baby quilts that are hanging over my head. Both little boys are due the second week of November, but both Mom's have a history of going early. I also still have a few other things to get done - burp rags, minky covers for boppy, etc.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all in need...

RockinLou
September 25th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Good day, friends! Fall has come to Almaty, and amongst other things slated for this weekend my daughter is begging me to break out her fall clothes... though I feel like this is too early, I suspect we are in for a long, hard winter.

Nothing too exciting or noteworthy here, just keeping up with work and kids and trying to squeeze in a bit of sewing time, but also resolving to get more sleep and more reading time in too. Why aren't there 28 hours in a day?? ;-)

sorry I've been a lurker more than a poster these days, I'm still struggling with rotator cuff issues and try to minimize my iPad and computer time, and it seems to be helping. Missing you though. (HUGS)

Sheep Farmer
September 25th, 2015, 10:14 AM
'Morning everyone!
We're supposed to get some rain later this afternoon . . . we'll see.
I bought a case of 6 Rubbermaid tubs that just arrived yesterday, so I spent the day dragging all of the old storage boxes out of one of the attic closets and went thru each one and re-packed stuff to keep in the Rubbermaid tubs. That closet looks SO NICE now! :D

A neighbor is moving and sold boxes of her fabric stash to me, so I'm using it now to make a table topper so I can practice quilting on my little sewing machine. I have EQ7, so I'm just making one of the medallion quilts. (I love my EQ7!!!)

My LQS called to say the two quilts I dropped off are now ready! I can't wait to see them!!! I wish I had a machine large enough to quilt a large quilt so I wouldn't have to pay the $50 to have them quilted ... I'd much rather use that money to go out to dinner. (Yeah, I love to eat.) Alas, quilting is not a cheap hobby! http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/fun/s0269.gif

Dollyquilts
September 25th, 2015, 10:31 AM
I'm about to get on the road and head for my mastery class number 2 for my Bernina 560. I enjoyed the first one and learned a lot. It's officially fall here in Houston, but the thermometer doesn't know it yet. It's still in the 90's.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend.

ceiliam
September 25th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Morning all Not much happening here today. Got drs appt today to have stint out yea. Then to finish top of Halloween topper for niece. Feeling lots better . cooling down here in 90s now...rain I would love it...however am in desert country. Have a great day all. Hope the retreaters are having great time

redcaboose1717
September 25th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Cydi's Daughter & son-inlaw didn't win...they lost by just 24 VOTES !

alliek
September 25th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Soooo Happy to see the great rain today and hopefully through tomorrow. I know it is the weekend but we really are in need of this blessed water. A little damp and chilly, but I love it. Good day for a pot of homemade chicken soup and muffins tonight. Have a blessed day.

SewnByBee
September 25th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Saying Hey Blondie, we have rain this morning too grate for the allergies, not so good for the arthritis......
Love how green and fresh the rain makes everything.
I got this awesome fabrics can't decide what I want to do with it.Look.
I have a pattern for table topper, pot holder, and apron. I think would be pretty done with these - (the pic with the pink and blue) couldn't get this to movie it. Sorry, hope that's not to confusing.
Would appreciate your insights.
Loved your fall, wall hanging, I love the fall colors, there so vibrant.
Hope you all have a good Friday and Happy Weekend. YEA !!:icon_razz:

Cathy F
September 25th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Saying Hey Blondie, we have rain this morning too grate for the allergies, not so good for the arthritis......
Love how green and fresh the rain makes everything.
I got this awesome fabrics can't decide what I want to do with it.Look.
I have a pattern for table topper, pot holder, and apron. I think would be pretty done with these - (the pic with the pink and blue) couldn't get this to movie it. Sorry, hope that's not to confusing.
Would appreciate your insights.
Loved your fall, wall hanging, I love the fall colors, there so vibrant.
Hope you all have a good Friday and Happy Weekend. YEA !!:icon_razz:

Very pretty fabrics!