PDA

View Full Version : Hootin' it up with the Night Owls

kimsophia
September 25th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Hey everybody! How are things in your tree?

I'm making narrow orange binding from the leftover wide binding that I used on my last quilt. It's for a dress.

Hoot if you're a night owl! @,@

bubba
September 25th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Hoot a toot toot!

Finished three waterboys this morning. Somehow I failed to catch the start of a bag I was supposed to be testing.....I think it started a week ago!! So today I printed the pattern, cut it out, cut out the bag, and the heavy interfacing and the light interfacing and the foam......oh, then I got the iron on vinyl which I swore I was not going to use (it's a woman's shaving kit bag) so tomorrow I will affix that and hopefully quickly sew it.

I have a haircut appointment with a new gal tomorrow. Hope I like her! Our 40 year high school reunion is on Saturday and I told MM I'll also be going shopping for a new outfit!! He kind of hung his head and said okay :)

Lots of shows on tonight to watch. May be up late.

Hulamoon
September 25th, 2015, 02:11 AM
Still early to hoot yet. Except I was looking through some bags and found one of my first jelly rolls. That's how disorganized I was getting to be. Shameful. lol I seperated the colors and decided to do a sashed rail fence.

I went through three almost four boxes of old bills and paper the last couple of days (I'm a paper horder) . Now I have empty boxes to fill back up. lol

Hulamoon
September 25th, 2015, 02:14 AM
I know, lots of shows! Have fun at your reunion!. I never went to any of mine.

stationarymom
September 25th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Hoot hoot
I hope everyone is fine tonight.it's been chilly here in the am and my son'e puppy ends up sleeping right across my feet for a good 2 hrs every morning.I started a new table runner today,I need something to dress my table up with.Still haven't heard anything from my father so I assume all is well on his trip.

sewlucky
September 25th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Last night my throat was scratchy, tonight I'm sneezing...all the germs milling around the university or the bus I guess are getting to me. Yuck! Hopefully a minor cold that goes away quickly.

Assignments for school are starting to roll in. Nothing too intense yet, but I'm trying to keep ahead of them so I'm not overwhelmed all at once.

A dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday :( She had two biopsies and one was obviously malignant, so much so that she was told she would need that breast removed. Now she waits on staging, type, etc. This friend has a 16 yr old son with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Some people get all the "luck", and I hate it. I hope to spend tomorrow completing an assignment, and then I am going to get out a bright and cheerful layer cake that I have (Snap Pop by Sandy Gervais) and make a quilt for my friend. I'm thinking the Tea Cup tutorial, or maybe the Alter Ego (hour glass blocks and four patches)...something quick either way, because it will be cute with the bright fabrics for sure and I want to finish and send it to her quickly. I had promised to make a fundraising quilt for her family earlier this year when they were fundraising for a wheelchair accessible van, but didn't get to making it with our move and then suddenly it was summer and they did an incredible job fundraising almost the entire amount of the van.

Off I go to bed.
Terri