PDA

View Full Version : I need to look before I speak

Pandabear
September 25th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Tonight I walked into the kitchen grumbling about something or other, thinking I was talking to my husband.

Low and behold, it was not, in fact, my hubby but my 17 year old son. Who is as tall as his dad. And to my surprise stands *exactly* like his dad.

Good thing I wasn't talking about anything horrible.

Eliza
September 25th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Scary isn't it! I have a son who I have actually mistaken for my ex-husband across a car park. Ever since DS was born people have said he is the "dead spit" of his Dad. Now he is nearly 50 I sometimes have to look twice to which one it is . . .

pcbatiks
September 25th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Isn't it eerie when kids start having the same mannerisms as one of their parents.

Bubby
September 25th, 2015, 08:43 AM
My stepson Michael looks, talks and hugs so much like his Dad. He was even born on his Dad's birthday.

CheyMom14
September 25th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I have a DS who was only 5 months old when my Dad passed away from cancer. He looks like him, walks like him and says things from time to time that the only other person on earth would come up would've been my dad. AND has my Dad's ability to fix almost anything. Things that I would have expected had my son spent at least some of his childhood with his Grandfather. It's eerie sometimes. I was my Dad's youngest daughter and we were very close. Guess who's my most cherished kid? Shhhhhh don't tell the others!!!

redcaboose1717
September 25th, 2015, 11:36 AM
LOL.....I have a son that his voice is identical to his Dad's ( my DH Terry & the kids dad passed away almost 13 yrs ago ) ....and it's really strange sometimes when he calls me on the phone, and sometimes ends the call saying "Love ya ! " ...wow....

Pandabear
September 25th, 2015, 12:08 PM
It's funny how things like this work out isn't it? I was telling my mom last night about what I did and she laughed. She said that when she comes to visit me - she and my sister and family live in a different state than I - my son and nephew have many of the same mannerisms. The boys are only 3 months apart and only see each other once a year. Yet they are them same in a number of ways.

mischiefkat
September 25th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Says a lot for heredity doesn't it.

alliek
September 25th, 2015, 01:16 PM
I have a son that mimics his uncles little idiosyncrasies, He had not been around him very much at all. My daughter and I always have a chuckle when he exhibits any of these.