PDA

View Full Version : Thursday already

Blondie
September 24th, 2015, 06:56 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies!

While the bestest & luckiest peeps seem to be at The Gathering in Hamilton, the restest of us are taking care of business. Their monkey business and shenanigans will become the standard by which future festivities will be measured. I mean, bobbin borrowing accelerates to machine theft? Oh my, what has the world come to when a modern quilting bee resorts to fun fun fun instead of stitch stitch stitch? I, for one, would be sent to the corner to suck my thumb and marvel at what would happen next!

I have a busy day full of chemicals today. Color jobs, perms and a cut thrown in there somewhere. Tomorrow will be a repeat of today. But first I have to make myself into something that looks somewhat professional. I would rather be stitching. Preferably in my comfy chair watching trash tv. Sigh. Won't happen again until next week. I did work on a pumpkin type of wall hanging for the salon yesterday. I almost regret selling my fall flower hanging off of the wall last week.

Looks okay in this picture but you can't see the multitude of intense multicolor stitches that made this really a quite funky folk artsy looking project. Also, yesterday, I worked for a little while on this continuing project, below. Looks better in person than in the picture

Off to find where I placed my coffee cup - have a special day everyone. Smile lots and think happy thoughts.

dwil23
September 24th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Good Morning, Blondie!

Ginny B
September 24th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Good Morning everyone. Blondie, love that wall hanging. I bet it really was hard to give up Make yourself another one. :)

Not much new here. Still busy at work. Power Point presentation finished yesterday afternoon for today's meeting so hopefully today will be less hectic. Just the regular pile of stuff to be done. I did get a receiving blanket almost finished yesterday morning before work so I will head upstairs shortly and complete that one and start some burp cloths. The little one will be arriving soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I guess that's a given for those at the retreat. Sounds like a real fun time.

Iris Girl
September 24th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Morning Blondie and all who follow. Foggy start here as usual living in the valley we never see the sun til 9ish most days.Work for me today, off tomorrow then on for Sat. Crazy work schedule looks like we are ramping up for peek season.
Hugs to all those in need.

Carol336
September 24th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Good morning Blondie and all who follow.

Lovely cool morning in in MD as I pack for my weekend getaway with my sisters.....affectionately dubbed "Sister's Weekend" by our families. It'll be a lovely weekend long pajama party - lots of laughing, shopping (sans pjs) , catching up on our lives, more laughing, good eats, maybe a movie thrown in, still more laughing, probably a few tears as we remember our dear sister Nanny who now resides in heaven, more good eats, oh and plenty of adult beverages....cant forget those - LOL.

We've been going on these weekends yearly, and sometimes twice a year, for the past 30 years. In the beginning we only had one rule - NO HUSBANDS OR KIDS ALLOWED. When the frist of our kiddies got her license, she and a couple other of our kids arrived on our doorstep one day. We took them out for ice cream sundaes, had a few laughs with them and sent them back home the same day - telling them "This was lovely, but DONT EVER DO IT AGAIN" And they never did, but now that they are all married with kids of their own (and some even with gkids) several of them have their own little getaways - calling it "the cousins weekend"

Have a great weekend everyone
C

MRoy
September 24th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone!

Monique
September 24th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Good morning. I DID end up buying that sewing machine yesterday. It is a 1956 99k Singer sewing machine in the cutest little cabinet. They plugged it in and she purred. Paid $20. A good investment I think.

Sandwiched a Christmas table runner and need to finish that. I may make a little trip to Phil and Jodi's today. I have things to take to them, the girls have no school tomorrow, so it would be a good day to visit. Not staying the weekend, as it looks like we may attend an auction sale with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and then head out for supper.

Have a great day friends.

Simply Quilting
September 24th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Good Morning! The retreat peeps are having a blast and getting ready for another great day.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

GrammaBabs
September 24th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Love them both!!!!!!!!!!... Do you sell things often at the shop??? I think that's a great idea!! B

Carrie J
September 24th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Morning Blondie and all!

Coffee in hand, getting ready for the day.......well kinda sorta anyway! No sewing til maybe this evening if I'm not whipped. First day back was like walking in mud. Sinus season is upon us here, heavily, and the Neti pot has reappeared. I guess you could say it's a sign that Fall has arrived, LOL! Hope everyone has a great day, Hugs and Blessings to all!

Angelia
September 24th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Good morning to all, and welcome to fall! (Finally!)

Hope to sew today, but after teaching Monday and Wednesday night classes, Thursdays are always an energy catch-up day for me. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of the goings-on in Hamilton. :icon_crazy:

CheyMom14
September 24th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Late start to this morning. We've been out on jobs for three days which takes me away from my sewing room. Stayed up late last night at my cutting table, almost too tired to sleep, and consequently slept too late this morning. Raining, so no combines rolling yet today or tomorrow. Really hope to get this quilt I'm working on for my son for Christmas as least pieced before I'm stuck in a semi for weeks on end. Y'all have a wonderful and productive Thursday. And thanks to Blondie for starting these wonderful daily threads. Always enjoy them.