PDA

View Full Version : If you LOVE You Tube videos, DO NOT update to Windows 10!

New York Sue
September 23rd, 2015, 10:21 AM
Maybe this has already been discussed, I'm more OUT than IN these days...

BUT, I was offered a FREE Windows 10 update, and blindly accepted the offer.

Turn out the upgrades are mainly for gamers. Yup, I am fully X-Box loaded, but can't watch a friggin' you tube video.

Ridiculous! Waiting for the kinks to work out.

NEVER again!

Sonic
September 23rd, 2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up...
I'm still trying to figure out Windows 8!

buckeyequilter
September 23rd, 2015, 10:44 AM
I've had Windows 10 for a while now, I'm not a gamer. I can watch You Tube...I actually like Windows 10.

Sandy Navas
September 23rd, 2015, 10:55 AM
I have to agree with Shirley. I upgraded to Windows 10 - from Windows 8.1 - and the only issue I have is that they messed with my solitaire games. But, google is my friend.

I can watch you-tube, movies sent to me, etc. No issues.

So sorry you are having some problems. Want me to call Bill for you?

Carolyn
September 23rd, 2015, 10:57 AM
Same here, I have been using 10 for awhile now and really like it. All the computers in our house have been updated without problems. Recheck your settings and give it another try. You tube should run normally.

Carolyn
September 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Sandy, I miss my old solitaire game too!

New York Sue
September 23rd, 2015, 11:12 AM
They messed up my Spider Solitaire, but I figured it out. New version, but I've adapted. Liked the old one better...
(So I haven't beaten my BEST score since when? Just how fast is my mind is deteriorating?...)
I can shop at Amazon, check the weather, look at FB, and post a thread to you guys.
WHY can't I watch a video on You Tube?
And WHY don't you all, have a problem? Did you have to go thru extra steps?
The steps I saw to rectify the problem involved me 'signing' what's left of my privacy away...
Like we have any privacy anymore, lol! ;)

TMP
September 23rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
I also have had Windows 10 for awhile, only on this computer. It took me awhile to figure out things, but so far its ok. I am a gamer ( not Xbox but mmorpg's ). ( yep, I'm a quilting - gamer - grandma blows my children's minds) and I can't really see how its helped my gaming.

shirleyknot
September 23rd, 2015, 12:57 PM
Win7 here. NO 10! I am NOT giving up my solitaire games. OR Firefox.

JCY
September 23rd, 2015, 06:02 PM
I have no plans to upgrade to 10. Windows 7 works just fine for me. I am not a gamer.

Midge
September 23rd, 2015, 06:08 PM
New York Sue, I strongly encourage you to google your problem and read the solutions that come up. Something isn't right with your settings. My YouTube and Vimeo work just fine. Some old games I liked, not so much. But this is SO much better than 8.1, I'm fine with it.

Pandabear
September 23rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
I'm a PC gamer...have Windows 10 and haven't an issue with YouTube or gaming.

No problems with my Solitaire either

buckeyequilter
September 23rd, 2015, 06:48 PM
I can play Solitare....they've changed it. I just click "play as a guest" and play all the solitare I want.

shirleyknot
September 23rd, 2015, 09:01 PM
On-line, Shirley? I HATE online games. Satellite doesn't give me enough bandwidth unless I fork over extra cash. I'll stick with my Win7 as long as the machine holds out. Then I may just go back to the WinXP, my old back-up machine. It still works fine.

Pandabear
September 24th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Recently my DH hunted down an old Apple II. It uses 5 1/4" floppy discs. You know, the back square ones. We had our DS use it. I think we may have broken his brain.

RockinLou
September 24th, 2015, 02:48 AM
My laptop keeps telling me to upgrade, so I let DH try to do it for me (I'm a MAC girl, and recently stole my Mac Mini off the television and gave my $150 laptop back to him for streaming netflix)... well the little machine doesn't have enough memory to install windows 10. I don't really care, all we need to be able to do is turn on our VPN and plug it into the television... only we haven't really done that in the past few weeks! Maybe we didnt need it after all....

redcaboose1717
September 24th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Sue,
Download Google Chrome.....you can watch the MSQC from there ! ( It isn't hard...after downloading Chrome, you just type in the "missouristarquiltcompany/forum" ( without the quotation marks of course.....hit the magnifying glass ( or enter on your key board ) and it will take you to a page to get MSQC's site....no problems.
I have been using Google Chrome ever since my blogger blog ( which I post on ) for my crafts ( paper) decided to go that way. ( you can't "post" new things on a blogger blog unless you have the Google Chrome )

You can also put an ICON on your desktop, so that when you want to go to Google Chrome to view MSQC....it's pretty easy !

Hope that helps ! Like I said, i have been using Google Chrome for quite awhile.A few months ago, DH put Windows 10 on the PC's here in the house...( yuk ) and so now, I basically always use the Google Chrome.
Below is the download for Google Chrome.....( BTW.....you can also view YouTube videos with Google chrome as well. )
https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

If you have any questions.....just ask !

buckeyequilter
September 24th, 2015, 06:58 AM
On-line, Shirley? I HATE online games. Satellite doesn't give me enough bandwidth unless I fork over extra cash. I'll stick with my Win7 as long as the machine holds out. Then I may just go back to the WinXP, my old back-up machine. It still works fine.

No, it's not on-line, I just close that log-in stuff down and click "play as guest". I don't like on-line games either.