PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday! First day of Fall

Blondie
September 23rd, 2015, 07:02 AM

Happy Wednesday Folksies!

As our Sisters and Brothers are arriving for the now Annual Gathering in Hamilton, let's lift our morning brew in tribute to them one and all. Special Huzzahs to the Ones who have inspired so many to make the world a more colorful, happy, quilty-er place. In an effort to be there I suppose, last night I dreamt of Al Doan. He was wearing old fashioned roller skates -( you know the kind we used to wear that used a key to tighten them on our shoes?) and throwing little bits of scraps of fabric around like confetti. You know, I think I can actually see that happening. How I would love to sweep up that deliciousness from the floor! Have a great time! We will be waiting for everyone's stories, pictures - I can see all those smiles all the way here to North Carolina!

Rainy again today and I believe it will be that way the rest of the week. Since it is officially the first day of Autumn, I suppose that is to be expected. There has been a definite chill in the a.m. this week, warming up nicely during the day. I love being able to have my windows open. While none of that helps my allergies, I keep the zyrtec close at hand and lots of delicious coffee.

Off to sew some strips of fabric together to make my own yardage of what I call scrappy scrabble. I am not sure what I will do with it; possible another wall hanging or purse. Of course, I will be watching either a Midsomer Murder or perhaps another Inspector Morse.

Blessings to each one here - what opportunity is waiting for you today? Make the most of it and smile!

dwil23
September 23rd, 2015, 07:24 AM
Good Morning!

It's Friday again, well, at least for me! Lots to do this weekend, sure hope I make a dent in it. Friday (the real one) is DGS's 3rd birthday. Time flies, as we know. It was because of this little guy I got seriously interested in quilting and discovered Jenny's tutorials. I hope to get his little brother's quilt quilted this weekend and found out yesterday the new cousin he is expecting (DIL's brother and SIL) is a girl, so already have my plan in place for that one, may actually work on it a bit. First though, I have got to get some sleep. 2-3 hours per day is just not cutting it. I have no problem going to sleep, until I wake up the first time and then can't turn my mind off and go back to sleep.

And speaking of my mind - Our Sandy has been on my mind since yesterday morning. I am terribly concerned for her and her family. I hope she posts soon and is able to tell us all is well.

Blessings and prayers for all - especially Sandy and family.

p.s. Happy Autumn! I am so jealous of you who live in areas where you have a real fall this time of year. AND those at the retreat!

ceiliam
September 23rd, 2015, 07:27 AM
Morning all... Hope all are well. To those who are at quilting retreat have a great time. Feeling so much better, hoping to get some machine quilting done today, plus the Halloween table topper done for my niece. I am so exciting...not.
Have a great day all. Hugs and prayer to those who need them. Cecelia

Carrie J
September 23rd, 2015, 07:32 AM
Morning All!

Much to my dismay, the brain decided to get up waaaay to early! Oh well, coffee in hand, so humanity is safe.
Ahh the Retreat! Hoping everyone has madcap fun, and plenty of pics as well. Today is my Monday, and after a week of my own schedule, the body is totally confused, I am a person who is NOT an early riser! This will come back to haunt my by 3PM! All the plans and excitement are a week behind me, so back to normal. All things considered, it's all good. Thinking of Miss Sandy as well, prayers continue for her and family. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, Blessings to all! :D

K. McEuen
September 23rd, 2015, 07:41 AM
OK, it's 5: 38 am and Marilyn and I have been laying in bed talking all night, neither one of us being able to sleep. I figure that mid-dinner with the Doan's this evening one of us will nod off in their mashed potatoes. We may as well get up and see.

Iris Girl
September 23rd, 2015, 07:46 AM
Morning all! Another chilly morning here, I love this weather , should warm up to the 70's today. Working on a Christmas runner for the swap today in between laundry, cooking and errands.
Those at the retreat please enjoy some for me also, Hope you all have a wonderful time and take some pics for us all to drool over.
Have a great day all, hugs to those in need.

Carrie J
September 23rd, 2015, 07:46 AM
OK, it's 5: 38 am and Marilyn and I have been laying in bed talking all night, neither one of us being able to sleep. I figure that mid-dinner with the Doan's this evening one of us will nod off in their mashed potatoes. We may as well get up and see.

Careful Karen, Sandy is fully armed with camera, one of you has to be on their toes, ROFL! Hope y'all have a great time! :D

oldsewer
September 23rd, 2015, 07:56 AM
Morning all. Fall already? What happened to summer? The older I get, the more behind I seem to be. Off to the grocery soon, then another stop to hunt new kitchen curtains. The winter ones went in the trash when I took them down, and the ones I have up now are too shot to wash again, so I've put this off as long as I can and now I have to buy something. Yuck.

Warm wishes for all those in need, and a double dose for May in NJ, Sandy in Cincinnati. Hope your day is a good one, whatever you are tasked with. Sharon

EnumclawGramma
September 23rd, 2015, 08:00 AM
Good Morning! It's nearly 4AM here and my coffee is brewing! I woke early and just couldn't go back to doze.....bet I will later.
It's chilly in the morning now. It is Fall isn't it? We're looking for 70 today, I'm hoping for one more mow on the lawn before the rains come. I've got to get out on the back deck and clean up my planters too.
This is my day with the Grands. We baked last week, what will today bring? Each week I contemplate bringing my machine and doing a little stitching with them. Hmmm maybe today....
Ray and I went for Tacos at this little outdoor place last night, and there was an older couple (bout OUR age) with a King Charles Cavalier, same as mine, different color. I had my Mollie in the car. Of course a conversation began, and it just amazes me how these little dogs just bring people together. She was their Grand Doggy.
I just heard my coffee gurgle telling me it's ready! First cup of the day.....here I go!
I hope everyone has a wonderful time at the retreat. I'm with you in my heart. Everyone else, smile, hug someone, and have a great day! Hugs and Prayers for all in need.....

Ginny B
September 23rd, 2015, 08:02 AM
Good Morning everyone. Happy Fall. Funny dream there Blondie. :lol: Not sure if there will be a roller skating Al at the retreat throwing fabric but I do know they will be having a terrific time.

Just a quick pop in here today. My cutting table needs clearing off this morning so I can work on it later this evening after work. It's amazing how things just all wind up there. I couldn't find my cell phone last night so my hubby called it and I followed the sound to a pile of flannel.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
September 23rd, 2015, 08:05 AM
Good morning. Busy day yesterday. I got the rest of the windows painted, thank goodness that job is done. I also finished a table runner that is a late wedding gift. Les invited me to have supper with him and the momma last night. Oh yes, bring spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and oh yes bring spaghetti too. But it was a nice supper. The momma ate all her dish so it was a good night.

Today I am off to get a few groceries. And maybe sew a little.

Have a great day friends.

mischiefkat
September 23rd, 2015, 08:46 AM
Good Morning,
Sounds like the Retreat is off to a good start. Yes, it is the first day of Autumn. Wish we could expect a hint of cooler weather . Summer has been way too hot, rainy, and muggy this year. Won't cool off for awhile, January or February. Everyone have a good day,Kathy

CrazyMtnLady
September 23rd, 2015, 08:48 AM
Good Morning and happy Autumn, my favorite season of the year. :)

Had a tooth pulled yesterday and man is my jaw sore this morning. Face nice and puffy! Good thing DH had that surgery and has a supply of pain pills. It even hurt to walk last night, every step made my mouth hurt. Not as painful this morning but still hurts. It was a molar and the Dentist even put a couple stitches in. Have to go back next week to have the stitches out. Only bad thing.. no beer or wine for 4 days :(

Hope everyone is enjoying the retreat.

Have a wonderful day. Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
September 23rd, 2015, 09:06 AM
Morning all... Hope all are well. To those who are at quilting retreat have a great time. Feeling so much better, hoping to get some machine quilting done today, plus the Halloween table topper done for my niece. I am so exciting...not.
Have a great day all. Hugs and prayer to those who need them. Cecelia

And is there a good report on the surgery you had yesterday? Prayers still being said, my dear friend!

Sandy Navas
September 23rd, 2015, 09:14 AM
Ahh, here's the day we've been waiting for. Contemplating whether to even head out or not . . . not sewing, not buying (gee whiz - anything I buy will just have to be packed up and moved!!) (I LIE!!)

I will have each and every one of you near to my heart and in my thoughts as I sneak up on unsuspecting souls and record the antics of a bunch of crazy quilters gathered in the world of wonderful!!

Prayers going out to all in need. I, too, have many up there at the top of the list. So concerned for Sandy and Rhonda and her daughter, Jeff and Barb and their itching . . . can't list them all. But know that if you have special needs and concerns that you've made it to the list.

Mom23
September 23rd, 2015, 09:53 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, your roller skate dream brought back many childhood memories. We had those skates but what we didn't have were the shoes to put in them. The only shoes we had were church shoes and flip flops (thongs back then). Those darn hooks wouldn't work so we would tie them around our feet with rags. I wish I had pictures of my sisters and I with all the neighbor kids skating around town. We spent many hours playing together.

Yesterday I played around in my sewing room almost all day. I organized, cleaned, and started a new block. I didn't do a very good job so today I will start over on the block today. I need to be more consistent with my seams. Today I will tidy up the house, which won't take too long since hubby and son are gone, mow the lawn, sew, and have dinner with a friend.

I'm thinking of all the retreatants and the good times they are going to have. Have a wonderful time.

Prayers and Blessings to all my Forum Friends.

Robin

GrammaBabs
September 23rd, 2015, 09:54 AM
Scrappy Scrabble is something i've been doing for YEARS... it's fun to work it all together and see what happens... i make zip bags for Sis to sell!! She got fabulous zippers at a yard sale a few years back and gave them all to me... around 10",,, the really nice heave duty type (plastic) with a swivel pull...
She got about 50 each of beige and black for a BUCK the box... the gal is amazing...:))

buckeyequilter
September 23rd, 2015, 11:03 AM

Good morning....

I have a deadline for 2 quilts and am working like a mad woman on them. I'm also teaching the neighbor lady to sew, the only sewing she has done was in Home Ec...many, many years ago. She wants to make curtains for her living room, I grabbed some fabric and helped her make a test curtain....she did great! She's already talking about wanting to learn to quilt. First I have to teach her to shop LOL

Drove to work the last two days in some heavy fog but I do love this time of year. I want to spend this week-end on those 2 quilts so I can get out and enjoy the nice fall weather because it won't last long.

I hope everyone going to the retreat has a wonderful time and will make some awesome memories.

Well back to work....have a wonderful day!