PDA

View Full Version : Night Owling Again

kimsophia
September 22nd, 2015, 02:02 AM
Hootie hoo, how are you? I have a lot of seam ripping to do as I don't like the color of the binding I used on my dress.

What's up at your tree? @,@

stationarymom
September 22nd, 2015, 02:08 AM
Hoot Hoot Sorry to hear about your froggin I saw the Owls were out late last night.There isn't much new here in my tree tonight.I tried taking the puppy(Sterling) for a walk and he ended up walking me,he weighs 21lbs and can drag me with no problem.I'm not sure why but he is really skittish about leaving the house to go for a walk.I haven't heard any more from my father so I assume all is well on his trip and i am glad because he was so nervous before he left.

Simply Quilting
September 22nd, 2015, 02:53 AM
I'm sitting here with piles on the floor and piles on the table. Trying to sort out exactly what I want to take with me to the retreat. I have my list but as I look at the list, it seems so long. I cut back on the number of projects that I am taking with me. After all if I do get everything done that I take with me, I can easily walk across the street to get more fabric for another project. I have two more NCW that I want to get cut out to take with me. There is one load of last minute laundry to do and then packing. I would like to have everything packed in the van by tomorrow night so it is easier to leave on Wednesday.

I think that I am ready to call it a night.

Have a Hoot of a night everyone :)

bubba
September 22nd, 2015, 02:53 AM
In a much better mood than last night....that's for sure!

I got up, hit my studio and started taking apart the NCW. I salvaged the flap but the rest was trash :( I got the new pieces cut out (thank goodness I had enough fabric!) and the wallet sewn and it turned out great!

I then did some hand stitching on a Nora I completed this weekend, then cut out an India (also by Swoon) and nearly have it sewn together! It's very quick and after I finish this one, which is Pokémon fabric, I am sure I'll be making a Seahawks one.

Last night a gal ordered a Bow Tucks and a Waterboy and today I got an order for a Seahawks NCW....football sewing season is in full swing! I got three of my orders done and I think I have 16 to go..................

Our grandboy, Tyler, was over this weekend. On Saturday, I saw a bloody bandage on his left thumb. I asked him how he hurt it and it had happened at work on Thursday (he works at a window company) and it was still bleeding!! I told him he needed to go to the ER or urgent care and have it looked at and he poo-poo'd me. Later, MM removed the bandage Tyler had put on, looked at the wound, cleaned it up, put antibiotics on it, rebandaged it and told him he needed to go to the doctor. Well, Sunday he was back over, still had not gone to the doctor and I explained L & I to him and how he did not have to pay anything to go because the injury took place at work. Before he went home, MM cleaned and rebandaged it again (it was still bleeding!!). I called Tyler this afternoon as he said he was going to talk to his boss about it (he told him at the time he was hurt) and the boss told him to go have it checked. Well, the doctor said had he come in to begin with he could have stitched it, but it was too late now. They glued it and steri stripped it and bandaged it and put it in a brace for the next two weeks!!! This grandma was happy he actually went in.....I could just see his thumb falling off!

Lightwriter
September 22nd, 2015, 05:50 AM
This night owl has been working hard. We broke down and decided to clean and reorganize garage since we needed a place to store the grills due to a project that involves removing the old decrepit deck. It has become a multi day project...been a long time since we did this and it has accumulated too much "stuff". Looking much better and more functional.

October promises to be very busy with projects and none of them involve sewing! I keep telling myself house will be more functional when we are finished...cooktop in kitchen replaced, deck removed and enclosed porch built. Let us not forget we have to get church kitchen sorted out for the new stove.

Whew...I am tired just thinking about it! I am too old for this redoing stuff to be alluring...or maybe just experienced enough at it to know anything that could go wrong will....

Have a happy Tuesday!

redcaboose1717
September 22nd, 2015, 06:11 AM
Hoot Hoot Sorry to hear about your froggin I saw the Owls were out late last night.There isn't much new here in my tree tonight.I tried taking the puppy(Sterling) for a walk and he ended up walking me,he weighs 21lbs and can drag me with no problem.I'm not sure why but he is really skittish about leaving the house to go for a walk.I haven't heard any more from my father so I assume all is well on his trip and i am glad because he was so nervous before he left.

Joan,
Your story about taking your puppy for a walk made me smile ! My husband on occasion takes a walk at night around the neighborhood to relieve the pain in his legs ( he had polio as a child ....at 14-15 his gym teacher taught him to walk again). Several nights when John would go for a walk, my orange tabby cat( Buffy ) would go for a walk with John as well. Most of the time, about 1/2 way back to the house, Buffy would suddenly "Stop" walking, look up at John as if to say " Okay,I am really tired, how about carrying me the rest of the way home ? " OF course John would pick up "Buffy" and carry him back to the house !!! ( Buffy weighed about 15 pounds ! )
Thanks for making me smile.....Buffy passed away last fall , he was 15 1/2 yrs old. I miss him terribly!!
I am sure that within time, your puppy will get used to going for a walk !
Smiles,

redcaboose1717
September 22nd, 2015, 06:17 AM
No frogging .....I am getting ready to make a table runner. I am going to make the table runner using the directions from a quilt Jenny did a tutorial on ( and it's also in the BLOCK magazine, Late Summer Volume 1 Issue 4 ) called Lovely Leaves.
While the quilt is gorgeous ( and on my list for a quilt to make "someday" for myself ) I think this pattern would make an awesome table runner for fall as well. So, I am searching in my stash for fall colors to make this into a table runner !

Because the Lovely Leaves is a quilt in the BLOCK magazine, I really thought that there was a video available to watch. There isn't. Jenny has a wonderful "Lovely Leaves" wall hanging that I am going to probably use the instructions in part to make the table runner i want.
Here's the wall hanging tutorial below

Lovely Leaves Wall Hanging Tutorial
https://youtu.be/8jNUZt7wBRE