PDA

View Full Version : Update on Wedding Poll

GuitarGramma
September 21st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Thank you, everyone. It's been great to hear your experiences, thoughts, and observations.

Looks like 25% of us believe that a wedding invitation obliges us to send a gift; 75% of us think that we give a gift if we go to the wedding and that anything more is optional. And this looks to be a generational difference, with the "age" choice almost perfectly matching the "gift" option. Very interesting.

I just want to clarify something. The OB (original bride) is not someone who thinks the world owes her. I've known her most of her life, and her family pretty much lives at the poverty line. So, even though I was appalled at first, I've thought about it further. I think that for the first time in the OB's life, she's getting "bright and shiny" new things, and maybe she got carried away.

Oh, one more thing: this couple did NOT live together before marriage, and both still live with parents, so they really do need an old fashioned leg up to get started in life.

So please say a prayer for this young, traditional couple. May their love last a lifetime!

shirleyknot
September 21st, 2015, 01:45 PM
Best wishes to them. May it last a lifetime.

CraftHer
September 21st, 2015, 03:23 PM
So please say a prayer for this young, traditional couple. May their love last a lifetime!

Prayers sent.

redcaboose1717
September 21st, 2015, 05:21 PM
You know, I have know a few young couples lately that aren't living together, they don't have kids etc. When I know that the couple isn't living together, etc. I normally always take a gift to the wedding with me. I will admit that occasionally I have purchased gifts from a gift registry.
So, sure, I would go to this wedding, and have a good time.....

alliek
September 21st, 2015, 05:22 PM
Prayers being said. Many blessings on them for a long,prosperous and loving life.

GuitarGramma
September 21st, 2015, 06:06 PM
Thanks, everyone. I know the bride will greatly appreciate your prayers. And good news: the church they're getting married just offered the bride a job. Good things are happening!