PDA

View Full Version : Ah, it's Monday

Blondie
September 21st, 2015, 06:02 AM

Hello, Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Happy Monday Folksies,

A fast and pleasant weekend behind me and today I will do what I dreamt of all night. I dreamt of making a lap quilt specifically for a veteran. Every time I woke up and went back to sleep (about 3 times), the dream would continue on until I brought it to a local VFW and they were inspecting my stitches. Good grief, the pain of my existence. One of those inspecting was my cousin Speedy and she was amazed I knew how to quilt. How I would love to feel the palm of my hand against her always cherubic and chubby cheeks. Although, it is true of the numerous grandchildren, I am the only one of my grandmother's or any of her sisters children or grands that took up quilting. I think it was because we were raised all so lean they associate it with poor and old timey. I've been in their homes and they like shiney ready made in China things. Also, in my dream there was snow on the ground - not much, thank goodness but it was snow. I have been having really crazy dreams lately and while I normally don't remember them, these have been quite vivid and entertaining, as in a fox got in my house and was tracking me down until it was on one side of the door and I on the other. He never ran for me, just stealthily and committed in finding me.

Enough about me. What of you? Good weekend, so-so one? Crazy dreams, new quilty, family time? I know this week and next will be a real flurry of activity for your forum retreat attendees.

Enjoy your day, I can tell you right now it will be as good as you let it be. So good ahead and SMILE!

Granny Fran
September 21st, 2015, 06:39 AM
Ah, Blondie, what a wonderful way to start a Monday.
Dreams can be fun and sometimes I think it is our "other" self trying to tell us something.

I am going to.....zzzzzzz....go back to bed. Up since 4am and need some more sleep.
Have a great day everyone.

dwil23
September 21st, 2015, 06:45 AM
Good Morning, all!

DS made it through his first week of work. I didn't get any quilting done at all my last weekend, so hope this one will be more productive. I am working on DGS1 Christmas stocking (only 3 yrs late) and trying to decide what to do for DGS2. I have lots of burp bibs and other misc things to finish up before little Sawyer arrives in about 6 weeks!, not to mention two baby quilts to quilt and bind. This Friday, Evan (DGS1) will turn 3 and we will celebrate his birthday on Saturday. He's getting very excited about being a big brother and took a "Big Brother" class at the hospital!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day! Remember to be grateful for every day we get.

toggpine
September 21st, 2015, 07:39 AM
Up late (early?) working on blankets for the show goats. It is kind of quilting. I'm adding a layer of wool blanket in between the nylon and the flannel. A couple of the girls are clipped pretty close for this show and the extra layer will be appreciated.

I'm back at the fair tomorrow with the FFA kids and then I have a short break before the sheep arrive followed by our goats. I'm looking forward to working with the sheep department this year.

This goat coat won't finish itself.
Have a great one! Cathy

aliaslaceygreen
September 21st, 2015, 07:56 AM
I don't normally recall my dreams long enough to describe them. But the other day I did have a doozy, where my quilting world collided with my Outlander fan world in a particularly humorous way.
"The weird dream involved an almost free (the price was a $1.99 cheap ring that we had to present at door) quilting class at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC lead by Famed quilter Karen McTavish and attended by many of my quilting friends, but also some of my Outlander friends. I was day-commuting from Ettrick VA, and was the gofer for some of Karen's minions; one of whom wanted me to live-blog it here on FB, with odd reminders for participants (like wear gel-soled shoes) over the few days it was running. While doing my gofering I ended up in Curtis High School on Staten Island where they were putting on choral performance that was in a stage that was a cage suspended from the ceiling. The drug in question: diphenhydramine"

For the weekend, I had a wedding to shoot, and the weather was perfect. But I have decided I will have to be Bridezilla from now on because this girl was so scattered and had no one in charge and two itineraries that conflicted with each other and no communication to the degree that I am glad there were cell phones because hopefully someone got family photos of the grooms family! I get casual, I get laid back, but I can NOT do my job if the bride and groom wont stay in one place, together, long enough to do portraits. Then the grooms family started to change out of their nice clothes. Whatever.
We leave Wednesday night for Daytona. Someone, please spoil me as to the weather. My weather map keeps saying RAIN.....

Have a great day!

Lori63
September 21st, 2015, 08:11 AM
Good morning all,
Blondie, I don't dream often and then very rarely remember them.
I'm so not ready for Monday morning, did not want to get out of bed. But on the bright side, I only work two days this week then I'm off to Retreat!!!!

Have a good day!

Monique
September 21st, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a busy day yesterday. Hubby decided to paint the two windows on the front porch. What a disaster!!! He spilled primer all over the grass to start with, and just made a terrible mess. He is a very messy painter and we soon discovered He will NEVER paint again. So guess what I will be doing today. He works today and tomorrow and will be staying with the momma on those two nights. Thank you. I had hoped to start cleaning out the back room (the place where hubby stashes everything) today (check with me first before you throw anything out, he tells me). We will see after I get the painting done. But I will have to wait until later when it warms up. I also washed windows. The ones in the kitchen/dining room were FILTHY!! There was also laundry done. Sadly, no sewing/quilting was done at all.

Today's work just might turn out to be a surprise.

Wish me luck folks.

Bubby
September 21st, 2015, 08:17 AM
Morning...Everyone is up bright and early! We worked in Cuba Saturday and this morning Jeff discovered he has poison ivy on both arms. Yesterday he walked in the woods and came home covered in seed ticks. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes today.

Nothing exciting going on today. Things will really pick up for me mid week on when I have to testify in court.

I made some quilt blocks this weekend from my little stash of peppered cotton. It's beautiful fabric but the edges want to curl. My blocks are simple so I didn't have too much to deal with. I love the softness of the peppered cottons.

Prayers for safe travel to and from M* for everyone. Most of all, have a FANTASTIC TIME!!!!!!!!

redcaboose1717
September 21st, 2015, 08:50 AM
Blondie,
Your post reminded me of years ago, when I made all my DD clothing while she was in school. I still occasionally make Mysti Dawn's clothing, although I am now into making my Granddaughter Emily Jacqueline's ( Mysti's Daughter...and my oldest grandchild ) clothes. Emily entered the 7th grade this year, and I thought this year would be the year when she would say " Uh...Grams, about my clothes, could we just "buy" things ?" Not Emily Jacqueline ! She told her mom just prior to their trip to Disney World this summer ( in July ) that she loved the clothes I made for her, and she couldn't wait to go shopping for patterns & fabric with me when she got back !
As far as dreams, I remember years ago, of having dreams when I couldn't figure out something as far as sewing ( I never took classes to learn to sew, other than a ladies underwear class ...which I enjoyed several years ago ) OFTEN I would go to sleep, thinking about the items of clothing I was either making for myself or the children, and in my dreams would figure out what ever was troubling me.
I too have had dreams that I would wake up, go back to sleep, and get right back into the same dream.....it's amazing how many times I would wake up, after figuring out how to either make the garment or fix the sewing machine problem I had prior to going to sleep the night before and FIX the issue I had in the dream ! For years I have kept a note pad on the nightstand by my bed, and would right down things that I dreamed about when I woke up.
Most of my friends thought ( I am sure ) that I was a little nutty when I would mention these dreams where I would figure out what to do etc.
Glad to know I am not the only one that has done this in the past ! :)

ceiliam
September 21st, 2015, 09:17 AM
Morning all up early lots to get done before surgery tomorrow hope its early. Going to do some FMQ today. Also need to go to groc store. Want to work one Halloween table runner. Also need to do dreaded housework.
Wish I remembered my dreams, but I don't. Those going to retreat have a great time I am so green with envy.
Hope all have a great fun day. Cecelia

irishrn
September 21st, 2015, 10:13 AM
Morning all!!! Blondie, I dream very rarely, but when I do they are weird, confusing and hard to figure out!!
Had a strange weekend trying to corral DH from getting in the middle of the county workers out on the road. Apparently they will start widening our road next Monday and we have to move our mailbox back in from its current location 3.5 feet! It means we will lose that much of the end of our driveway which is circular. So when they came to cut thru the cement at both ends he was out there right in the middle of the workman! Ended up wandering across the street and got severe chest pain! Neighbor popped him in their car and brought him home! I was gone to the bathroom when he decided he needed to go see a friend and all hell broke loose!!
It's amazing what can happen in 5 mins!!!
Pneumonia vaccine saga continues, but is improving. Have gone from red hot golf ball to marble size with less redness and heat! But the lymph glands under my arm are really sore!!! But it beats cellulitis!!!
Today is DH's MRI brain. Just hope he cooperates!!!
Hope everyone enjoys the days in Hamilton! Wish I was there too!
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sandy Navas
September 21st, 2015, 10:14 AM
Dreaming about all the hard work ahead of me being DONE!!

Heading to Creston, IA this morning, taking Victor/Victoria to have some repairs. Too many issues to try to deal with on my own. With he/she out of the house it will free me up for some other things that are going to take precedence over everything else for a while.

Tomorrow will be a wrap-up day and then I'm going to try to get 'organized' for a move.

Did manage to finish 8 PICU-NICU quilts and 6 pillowcases to take with me to Hamilton on Wednesday.

songbird857
September 21st, 2015, 10:15 AM
Morning all!
Mmmmm... crazy dreams - I've had a few ;)
Jacqueline, I often solve quilting/sewing dilemmas while laying in bed drifting off to sleep. It's probably the only time in the day where I can JUST think about the issue at hand, not a million other things, so my brain likes it :) I also remember my older DD would get frustrated with her math lessons (homeschool) - I learned to let her 'sleep' on the difficult concepts and let her come back to it the next day. Her brain needed that time to process the information! Our brains truly are amazing things...

More sewing today - I've been working on my own quilt, while I wait for the snaps for my Pearl wallet. I think I'm going to cut out a few more of the wallets and then sew them up assembly line style...
I stopped by a few tag sales this weekend - nothing earth shattering, but I did get some nice purse hardware, and the lady asked me about my etsy shop - she thought it was cool that I was recycling the hardware from old purses. At another tag sale, I picked up some nice wool for a skirt for my daughter - a 60" wide yard for 75 cents, as well as a nice piece of black wool to line a coat for my doggie - a yard of that for a buck... yep!
I'm off to run errands - than home to sew - have a great day all!!

EnumclawGramma
September 21st, 2015, 10:50 AM
Good Morning! It's a foggy damp morning and the sun is only now beginning to rise. Fall. Ugh. Not my most favorite time of year. I need to simmer some oranges and cinnamon and try to get in the spirit.
I had a productive and fun weekend. Had a wonderful dinner out with my brother and sister in law. We're planning the next family reunion so lots of fun times together are coming up! Sunday we had two of our Granddaughters with us all day, which was so much fun. We went to DH's family day at his work, and hung out the rest of the evening. They are SO much fun, and it's always nice to separate them from the "herd" now and then and spoil them! Love love love!!
I found an old Singer at a rummage sale yesterday, $10.00. Plugged it in, it ran, Ray said "buy it!" I'll post pictures when I get a chance to check it out a little more.....
Have a wonderful Monday, make it a good one....Hugs and Prayers to all in need!

Carrie J
September 21st, 2015, 11:00 AM
Morning Blondie and all..............:D

Hmm crazy dreams, yeah had a few of those, even the ones that make you wake with a total body jerk then realize your not falling from an altitude of 4,000 feet, LOL!

Cold front came in, cloudy all day, nice cool temps and repeat today! Weekend was uneventful, but very relaxing. Coffee's kicking in and I'm outta here, hope everyone has a great day! Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them! :D

auntiemern
September 21st, 2015, 11:17 AM
I guess it is excitement, because I am NEVER up this early unless I have to be. (8AM) Especially after not going to sleep until after 3AM. I will get finished packing today. It will be a full load, lol. I take way more than I can finish, and try to think of anything that others may forget (pinking shears, etc) This year I am taking a small desk chair, cuz the chairs there were not kind to me last year. I decided Saturday that I was going to make another favor to go with the one I have done. Spent most of the day working on them (with the help of my youngest DD) and packing as I went along. Worked as much as I could on them yesterday, in to the late evening until my hands just gave out on me, and I only had a dozen completed. Scratch that idea...I will just have to be happy with what I have made. I think they are cute...but not sure if it is enough.
Yesterday we also had the kids all afternoon and evening, and my little man is so very ill. Terrible ear, and upper respiratory infection. Slept quite a bit. He woke up, ate a little bit, tried to give him some Motrin for his fever and up came everything. I don't need to describe what a mess we had to clean up. Thank God I am already on antibiotics myself...cuz there is no doubt I have yet another relapse, from the current one I'm fighting to get over. Thankfully what I have is not contagious, or I may miss the trip. (I would go if I had to wear a haz mat suit, lol.)
DH cleaned and vacuumed my Granny van to make it trip ready. Mechanic said I was good to go (fingers and toes crossed)
Guess I should try to get motivated and get stuff done.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

alliek
September 21st, 2015, 11:32 AM
Ceiliam: Prayers for quick and successful surgery:. As for the weekend, it was spent cleaning and still not done. Windows and curtain changes coming up. The work in the kitchen is finished and I am thrilled with it. We managed to get it all back together. Today is gloomy and rainy, perfect day to get the living room and our bedroom done,however, friends of ours are passing through the area on their way home and want us to join them for lunch. Waiting for their call. So scratch another day off the work schedule! I want to get the heavy work done, I have a ton of sewing to do. A 100th birthday in the planning stages. The holidays in there somewhere.:icon_crazy::icon_shake: Have to stop thinking of everything at once. Make a list and hope my energy and body can accomplish my goals. LIFE IS GOOD! How wonderful to have goals and the ability to go for them. God Bless all of you. Hug someone today.

Simply Quilting
September 21st, 2015, 12:50 PM
Good Morning! I've been up and out already this morning. I've had a busy weekend. It started on Friday with being gone most of the day. Then Saturday was a meeting which was 9 hours of driving and 6 hours of sitting in the meeting. Then late night and early morning of cleaning as we had someone coming to look at the house on Sunday afternoon.

Today I will start packing for the retreat and tomorrow will finish the packing and start baking for the retreat. I at least have my packing list written up so that will help greatly to avoid forgetting something I hope. It seemed like the retreat was so far off and suddenly, it is here.

Have a great day everyone :)

SewnByBee
September 21st, 2015, 05:45 PM
Wantta say HEY GIRLS,
I am some better but the nurse the nurse thinks I need to get some cardio test done so Dr.s visits to schedule
Like that sounds FUN right.
I wanted to say how much it means to know you all cared.
I don't have alot of friends, cause I don't drive, I don't go alot, hard to see people.
Hope the one going to retreats HAVE FUN, next time, maybe we'll get to meet.
I'm here just my hands are giving me troubles. 💁. See ya aRound.