PDA

View Full Version : Hoot If You're a Night Owl

kimsophia
September 21st, 2015, 02:18 AM
Hoot hoot! How's everybody doing? I have watched three movies today: Limitless, Copenhagen and Rich Hill.

I will be sewing binding on a dress for finishing the hem. It's a cute look, I think :)

baskets4deb
September 21st, 2015, 02:24 AM
I haven't seen any of those movies. Do you recommend them?

Allergies were giving me fits today so I didn't get much done. I did sew one row of blocks together but that is about it. Time to turn in. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive...

kimsophia
September 21st, 2015, 02:40 AM
Yes, I did like them all. Limitless is sci-fi thriller (not outer space). Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro are in it. It has some dazzling camera work. I don't know how they did it. It's becoming a tv show that starts Tuesday on CBS.

Copenhagen was a movie I only watched to see Europe. It is kind of a coming of age story. The lead actor smokes cigarettes like a fiend. It has some disturbing parts to it.

Rich Hill is a documentary about three unrelated poor children in rural Missouri. Even more disturbing is seeing these little kids smoking! D: I felt sorry for those kids. I guess there is a fund to donate to for their help.

bubba
September 21st, 2015, 03:06 AM
Tonight, I am a disgruntled Night Owl, so I am going to sit in my nest w/my head under my wing and keep to myself!!!

sewlucky
September 21st, 2015, 03:15 AM
Why are you disgruntled Pat??

I'm a happy night owl. First draft of my paper is done. I finished knitting the afghan I'm calling Butt Ugly Beautiful. I love it! I sewed only about six seams this weekend and frogged two...that's how the sewing went. I did purchase and download the Get Carded wallet pattern and also purchased the clear vinyl for the id pocket. Maybe I will actually work on that this week. I even cooked and baked today!

Terri

bubba
September 21st, 2015, 03:27 AM
Get Carded is quick and easy! Give me a yell if you have problems.

I had an unfortunate incident in the construction of a NCW....there is no hope for anything but the flap and the zippered pocket :(

Hulamoon
September 21st, 2015, 03:33 AM
ahh Pat don't hide. I just finished watching Fear the Walking Dead and I'm going to try and watch the Emmys. I alway's fall asleep.

toggpine
September 21st, 2015, 03:54 AM
Stayed home from the fair today and caught up on things around the house. I should have been out clipping goats, but I did laundry, dishes, and house cleaning instead.
I'm now working on some goat blankets for Thursday's goat show. I really should finish these in the off season. Huh, novel thought.
Back to it!

sewluvit
September 21st, 2015, 04:16 AM
All of you are likely sleeping by now, I did try but decided to get back up for a while. We also watched Fear the Walking Dead tonight and I want to watch the movie Limitless before the Limitless series starts. We also watched a hilarious Scottish sitcom for a couple episodes called Still Game on Netflix. It was hard at first to get used to the Scottish accent but pretty funny.

kimsophia
September 21st, 2015, 04:23 AM
I'll look for Still Game...if it is closed captioned I'll get it! :)

sewlucky
September 21st, 2015, 11:23 AM
Get Carded is quick and easy! Give me a yell if you have problems.

I had an unfortunate incident in the construction of a NCW....there is no hope for anything but the flap and the zippered pocket :(

Nothing like an unfortunate sewing incident to ruin a perfectly good day! I will definitely holler if I need a hand with Get Carded!

Terri

Midge
September 21st, 2015, 12:48 PM
Night Owls, I'm a bit late to the party! Slept well for once after an exhausting but fun day. Pat, so sorry to hear a wallet mishap occurred. So upsetting once you have already put in so much work. Kim, I saw Limitless and liked it except for the ending but I haven't seen the others. Thanks for the recommendations. Terri - frogging more than you complete? Hmm...I think I may have heard of that happening to someone, somewhere :lol: Haven't seen the Scottish show yet. Netflix hasn't yet told me I should be watching it! So I will look for that. Made it up for Fear the Walking Dead and this was a more eventful episode, so that was good, but couldn't stay up to see The Strain. Today I need to get some laundry done and then once again attack the incredible amount of poplar leaves blowing onto my yard from my neighbor's yard and tree. I can see this is going to be annoying. She doesn't keep up with her leaves, so I get them. I am going to make some flavored vinegars this week from the herbs and also some chive butter to freeze. Have a great day!