PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ON SO VERY SAD

RFREE
September 20th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I got a text yesterday morning from this little girls teacher whom I have know for over 18 years. She told me this little girls family had called her that morning less than 12 hours after the accident and said they would sign over custody to her as her dad had told the grandmother if anything should ever happen to him to call the teacher.They; dad and teacher; had discussed this in great detail after the incident 2 weeks prior to his death. The little brother will go to an uncle. The teacher has agreed to take her as they talked about. She is a special needs teacher and this little girl is one of her students. I am the nurse for her school. I also got a picture of her sitting at the teachers house smiling ear to ear. I'm sure she cannot grasp the fact that she will never see her daddy again here on earth but I feel better knowing someone has stepped up that she is familiar with to take care of her. The uncle is local so she will be able to see her brother and grandmother any time she wants. I was at a baby shower at the time I was getting these text and I was bawling like crazy to the outcome of this tragic situation. Your prayers have helped this family immensely.
Thank you so much.

Lori63
September 20th, 2015, 11:23 AM
So happy this little girl will have a safe and loving home to go to.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
September 20th, 2015, 11:26 AM
That's great. I was thinking maybe I could take them myself but this is a way better outcome for the kids -- someone they know, same school, same friends, etc.

Carrie J
September 20th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Fate and Faith have a unique and strange way of working things out. Though very sad and tragic, the special niche the Good Lord carved out for both of these kids,will give both not only a safe haven, but a loving one as well. and they say miracles don't happen, I beg to differ, they do! Thanks for the update, and what better day to receive such happy news. :D

DebbieDoodle
September 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I'm so glad both children have a loving home to go to, & will be able to see each other. I am sure Grandma is relieved, also. God bless her teacher to taker in her special needs student. Thanks for the update.

KaylaWalker
September 20th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Wonderful news. Thanks for the update.

Amy R
September 20th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Thank you so much for letting us know.

Sandy Navas
September 20th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Tears of joy for them -

jjkaiser
September 20th, 2015, 01:58 PM
That teacher is an angel. That little girl will have a wonderful life.

Dollyquilts
September 20th, 2015, 02:19 PM
This is the best possible outcome. The little girl now has a stable, loving home and access to her other loved ones.

Monique
September 20th, 2015, 04:51 PM
That is wonderful news. Thanks for sharing with us.

songbird857
September 20th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Wow - thank God for that teacher :) Thanks for the update!

snippet
September 21st, 2015, 01:58 AM
Fantastic news! I was praying for something great to happen. Bless the teacher and the uncle.

stationarymom
September 21st, 2015, 02:02 AM
Bless this teacher for being willing to take this little girl in.I am so glad thing are looking up.

Hulamoon
September 21st, 2015, 03:49 AM
Wonderful news! That teacher is an angel.

auntiemern
September 21st, 2015, 11:21 AM
What blessing for those children. This teacher MUST be a very special person. The Lord will surely bless her for her love of this little girl. So glad it all worked out for them. Prayers for all.

SallyO'Sews
September 21st, 2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the update - if you see this precious little one, give her a hug from all her "quilty-grammies"!

RFREE
September 23rd, 2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the update - if you see this precious little one, give her a hug from all her "quilty-grammies"!

How I wish I could give her a hug. She reminds me of a feral child.Never had a motherly figure in her life. She doesn't know how to show or receive emotion. She did come in my office today with her aide to show me her beautiful outfit she wore for picture day today.She was soooo proud . When she left she turned around and said "Bye Miss Rhonda!" This is the first time I could actually hear her loud and clear. I already see a positive change in her. There is nothing but happiness in store for her from this point on.