PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning

Ginny B
September 20th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Good morning. It has a cool feel out there this morning. :)

I've got a loaf of banana bread in the oven and the aroma is making me hungry. My step-daughters Sprinkle is at noon today so I've got to get myself together by 11 and head on over there.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Sandy Navas
September 20th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Planning for a very fantastic Sunday here - hoping my lower back will allow me to do what I need to do.

Working on finishing up some PICU/NICU quilts. Making labels yesterday my embroidery machine shut down and 'rebooted' on it's own. It's been overheating and giving me some problems now and then. Took the advice of the dealer and plugged it directly into a wall plug but I'm thinking there's a short somewhere . . . not happy. I'll try to finish up my chores and then after the retreat give in and take it back to my most reliable repair lady for checking. I won't be sewing much since I have to get some packing done and find a house to move into!!!!

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoys just being!!

Monique
September 20th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Good morning. I did eventually go back to bed after being up at 2:30. The sun is shining, not warm out mind you, but doing laundry that will get hung out. MY FRIENDS here are encouraging me to go buy a vintage sewing machine. Hubby will have my head. Still debating that one. Les is working Monday and Tuesday so he will stay with the momma on those two nights. Works for me, only two days.

Have a great day friends.

JCY
September 20th, 2015, 10:32 AM
I'm going to play hooky from church today & rest. I've been working very hard to get ready for DS's visit this coming wk.-end. Plus all that reorganizing I did to make room for my new Tiara pooped me out. I got a massage yest.; she really worked over my back, so I'm pretty sore today. I'll fix some coffee & chill out in the recliner & finish up my Bible study lesson for Wed.'s BSF.

I sandwiched a baby quilt yest. It's ready to be quilted. Since it's fleece backing & a flannel top I need to use the larger size needle in the Tiara. Now let's see if I remember how to change the needle! The needles for the Tiara do not have a flat back like sewing machine needles. It's a round shank, so it has to be lined up just right, so you can thread the needle front to back. It probably requires one of those several allen wrenches that came with the tools.

It's sunny & only 50 deg. this a.m. Definitely a touch of Fall in the air. But it's supposed to warm up into the 80's & be near 90 tomorrow. This thin Colo. air warms & cools quite rapidly, so we can get great fluctuations in the temps.

I hope everyone has a good day. Count your blessings!

ceiliam
Morning been working on Halloween table runner for my cute sweet niece, very young married, they just bought a new home their first really saved to get into it doent have a lot but is ok with that, so am trying to get her a holiday table runner for each season . its so fun as she gets so excited about it and appreciative of it plus I get hugs from her cute son who calls me gamma Ceil.. Can anything be better melts my ❤.

Sandy Navas
Good morning. I did eventually go back to bed after being up at 2:30. The sun is shining, not warm out mind you, but doing laundry that will get hung out. MY FRIENDS here are encouraging me to go buy a vintage sewing machine. Hubby will have my head. Still debating that one. Les is working Monday and Tuesday so he will stay with the momma on those two nights. Works for me, only two days.

Have a great day friends.

See, with Les gone you can sneak that vintage into the house and cover it with some dust bunnies so you can tell him it's been there for quite a while.

Ginny B
September 20th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Sandy, I had the same "sneaky" thought. :icon_evil:

Carrie J
September 20th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Awake and awaiting coffee as the Hubs gins around making noise, picking on the pup making her bark. Yeah, kids come in all sizes :D. Nothing much planned here, had a weak cold front come in and it's very pleasant outside. Windows are open right now, but by this afternoon will be in the 80's. Today is the day for family phone calls, usually done over coffee. Good thing it's while we're waking up, fully charged we're marathon talkers! Hope everyone has a great Sunday! :D

Lori63
September 20th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Good morning all:)

Monique, you definitely need to get that machine, the sneaky way or not!

Today is a day just for me and of course it will be spent sewing and getting ready for retreat! I'm putting the last border on a quilt that I'm taking to M* to have them quilt. I love their shortened turn around time of 4 weeks! I'm also putting together the things I'll be working on at retreat, not 100% sure what that will be yet, but I'll figure it out!

I had to give up my sewing room a while back and move everything into my bedroom. In the process I've lost several things. I don't know if I'm missing one bag of stuff or what, but I keep thinking of things I can't find:(. I've looked through everything and can't imagine where they've gone. I'll probably spend part of the day continuing to look.

Have a great day everyone!