PDA

View Full Version : Hootie hoot! @,@ Here on the branch

Midge
September 20th, 2015, 01:28 AM
A busy day today with some volunteer work that was pretty time consuming and then errands. It was time to start cooking dinner by the time I got home. But it was a good day to be out and about. Still working on the foundation paper pieced blocks for my table runner, but got a bit bored with it, so I put that aside for a few days. Instead I cut out a test block from scrap fabric for the Swoon quilt that I am planning to make. I'll probably sit down and put the block together before I call it a night. Shopping with a friend tomorrow.

And BTW all you night owls, perhaps you have seen these photos, but I hadn't until my son sent this link my way. There is a lovely story of friendship and devotion in these professional photos. I was charmed by them, and I hope you are too. Who knew sticks were so useful?

This Dog and This Owl Are Adorable Best Friends Who Model Together (http://www.etonline.com/news/159989_this_dog_and_this_owl_are_adorable_best_fri ends_who_model_together/)

stationarymom
September 20th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Hoot Hoot
I spent the day at home today just catching up on some house work and then rest.We spent more than a little time watching the tv and a NCIS marathon,my husband is terrible with that.I looked at the pics you posted and they are quite the odd couple but adorable.I really like the pic of the dog carrying the owl on the branch through the water.

kimsophia
September 20th, 2015, 01:56 AM
Speaking of cute animal stuff, I enjoyed this website: Save The Americans | Costa Rica Vacation Destinations (http://www.savetheamericans.org/)
The song is pretty cute!

I have been topstitching long seams on my dress. I also got the facing installed. I had the idea to FMQ, or perhaps it would more properly called FM embroider around the neckline. It would also serve to hold the facing down. I'd just be overstitching sections of the print.

jjkaiser
September 20th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Long day, just got home from work. This morning I wasted quite a bit of time fussing with a quilt I hope to make scalloped border for first time. I watched Jenny's tut (again) and followed the instructions that came with my quilt in a day scallops ruler. My measurements, of course, fell between the ones on the chart. I pinned where the marks would go but they weren't lining up even close on the corners. Took out all the pins, remeasured, repinned--with exactly the same results. Took out pins again and put it away. Gave the process some thought. I think I will haul out my adding machine tape, mark 4 scallops and tape them to the corners. Then measure between those corner paper scallops and do the math based on that to see if I can come up with a number that will let me make equal sized scallops w/o adjusting. I just didn't realize this part would be so time consuming. And frustrating. Hope my idea of using the adding machine tape will work out, or else this quilt will be having straight edge binding. At least I didn't cut all that bias binding out. It's going to take me a full day to cut the bias, sew the pieces together and press them in half, measure and mark the binding on the border, and glue the binding to the scalloped edge. Oh what have I gotten myself into??!!!

bubba
September 20th, 2015, 02:29 AM
I sewed a large sized Nora and have everything but the strap done. Good thing it is pirate talk day today, because I was pretty fluent in it!!

Went and lost at Bunco, again.....

Came home and MM and I watched the new Richard Gere (aka my boyfriend!) on pay per view...don't waste your $$$$.

toggpine
September 20th, 2015, 03:44 AM
Just checking in.
I had to take Shadow to the vet today. She must have been hunting perched barn swallows in the dark. She must have missed a landing in the rafters and fallen. When we found her she had been hiding for almost 24 hours. The x-ray showed a dislocated right hip and a broken femur just below the ball, in the growth plate. Poor kitty. With the wrap to keep her dislocated hip in place, and the frame splint to immobilize the broken leg, Shadow pretty much has no rear legs for at least a week. This is going to be fun keeping her clean. She has long fuzzy fur. Yea.

The fair is going well so far. I just have to figure out when I'm going to get the last few kids clipped.

I see things are happening while I'm away. I have some serious catching up to do!
Off to bed!

Monique
September 20th, 2015, 03:56 AM
UGH! Got up to pee and now fully awake. Had a full day. Les and I took a drive around, stopped at a few antique stores, I picked up a couple of flannel sheets at Value Village, got a few groceries, and stocked up on wine. It was a very full day indeed.

One place we stopped at, there was a Singer sewing machine 99k, portable with a wooden case, for $25. I could probably get it for $20. I may just have to go back and get it. BUT where will I put it, is the question. Should I or shouldn't I?

Lightwriter
September 20th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Tired of sleeping a couple of hours and can't get back to sleep. Another day spent trying to figure out how to update cooktop in kitchen without spending a fortune, my kitchen does not need a remodel, I just need a functioning cooktop. Gets really complicated really fast.

Got a nice thank you note regarding the I Spy quilt. I think people are losing the common courtesies when they don't send thank you notes. I was proud of DD when she got married...she sent her notes in a timely manner. Some I never get; some I have gotten up to a year later.

One 6th grade teacher I knew once had her class practice writing thank you notes by sending nice little notes to the non home room teachers in the building (art, music, guidance, library, etc). It was a really nice gesture and taught the kids a good lesson in manners ( as well as writing!) I loved the ones I got. There is much more than just learning to test that is important.

Sewing looks like it may get pushed to Wednesday or Thursday this week. Who knew retirement would be so busy?

Have a hoot this weekend!

bubba
September 20th, 2015, 04:16 AM
You certainly should Monique!!!

Monique
September 20th, 2015, 04:50 AM
You certainly should Monique!!!

I should huh?

quiltingtrish
September 20th, 2015, 09:44 AM
I 2nd that Monique! Go get her!!

Sandy Navas
September 20th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Aiming Monique in the RIGHT direction.

RiverMomm
September 20th, 2015, 10:04 AM
UGH! Got up to pee and now fully awake. Had a full day. Les and I took a drive around, stopped at a few antique stores, I picked up a couple of flannel sheets at Value Village, got a few groceries, and stocked up on wine. It was a very full day indeed.

One place we stopped at, there was a Singer sewing machine 99k, portable with a wooden case, for $25. I could probably get it for $20. I may just have to go back and get it. BUT where will I put it, is the question. Should I or shouldn't I?

GO get it! Or tell me where it is and I will get it. LOL I have no space for it either!

Monique
September 20th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Oh Lordy, you people. ENABLERS or what?