PDA

View Full Version : If you love horses

Hulamoon
September 19th, 2015, 10:56 PM
This was really heart warming.

Caring Teenager Saves Starving And Abused Horse (http://www.faithtap.com/4156/caring-teenager-saves-starving-and-abused-horse/)

shirleyknot
September 19th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Yes, love horses. I've been involved with them for most of my life, and managed a small horse rescue for many years. I'm always happy to see things like this.

Carrie J
September 20th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Show me your horse and I will tell you what you are. ~Old English Saying

Love horses, always have, always will. Makes my heart smile to see this. Thanks Lorie :D

JaniceR
September 20th, 2015, 01:41 AM
God Bless Kelsey! What a special girl!

It is simply beyond comprehension how someone could do that to any animal. I know in my heart it was no coincidence Kelsey and her Mom took that road that day.

Thanks for sharing Lorie.

Suzette
September 20th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I have had horses my whole adult life and they are the most amazing and wonderful animals! Some of us have an affinity for the horse that goes beyond most people's ability to comprehend. Kelsey has that and is an amazing human being. Thanks for sharing Lorie!

Sandy Navas
September 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
What a fantastic story - thanks for sharing.

Altairss
September 20th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Wonderful story I do wonder if they every found those so and so people that used to have her!

Hulamoon
September 20th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Wonderful story I do wonder if they every found those so and so people that used to have her!

The owner probably wouldn't recognize the horse. Good ridence.

I see horses tied up in fields with a water bucket. Is that a normal practice?

Suzette
September 20th, 2015, 03:49 PM
The owner probably wouldn't recognize the horse. Good ridence.

I see horses tied up in fields with a water bucket. Is that a normal practice?

No it isn't. A horse should not be tied in one spot for extended periods of time. They may not be able to lower their heads (something they need to do often (as in grazing) to clear their sinuses) and they cannot graze to eat. Horses are meant to move around, not stand still. If you see a horse tied like this for extended periods, it is definitely cruel and detrimental to the horse.

shirleyknot
September 20th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I think she means horses on a long line left to graze. As long as the horse isn't left for long periods, and is trained to stake out, it isn't CRUEL necessarily, but certainly not the nicest way to feed a horse.

Hulamoon
September 20th, 2015, 04:27 PM
I think she means horses on a long line left to graze. As long as the horse isn't left for long periods, and is trained to stake out, it isn't CRUEL necessarily, but certainly not the nicest way to feed a horse.

Yes that's what I meant. Not tied tightly.

shirleyknot
September 20th, 2015, 04:57 PM
We use that method sometimes on 3 day rides, but the horses have been trained to handle it properly, and they aren't left un-attended.

Suzette
September 20th, 2015, 05:59 PM
A horse left alone on a long line is not safe either. Getting tangled up is a real danger. If the person is near by then that is a whole different story. But I have unfortunately seen lazy (and/or careless) horse owners tie them up and go away (on long and short lines). Not smart or safe.