September 19th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Hootie hoo! How are you??? :)

Precious1
September 19th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Hello:icon_wave:

stationarymom
September 19th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Hello The Owls are early tonight.
My father posted a pic today of him and his sister and brother in Prague.They look very happy,I'm glad because he was so worried about going on this trip.

bubba
September 19th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Today I went to a sewing machine store.......me, oh my! Front and center sat a sit down quilting machine by Bernina. Beautiful machine.....gorgeous machine!!!! Of course I had to sit down and try it out and play around a bit.....now it was even better!!! Too bad I don't have a spare $9999 lying around!

New saga in the sewing lessons. She has taken it upon herself to promote herself to making scarves and sewing with fleece! I don't even sew with fleece!!! She got one done, said she was not making anymore and left (after sewing several tantrums....I'm about to ban her from my sewing room!) At one point she was so bad I told her that kind of behavior was not allowed in my peaceful place so she stepped six inches outside the door and continued to throw her fit. Did I mention she is 35?!?!?!?!?!?

When she left, she went home and posted a picture of herself wearing her scarf on FB and immediately sold it! Now she is happy again and wants to make the rest of them.

On a sad note, she was cutting her navy blue Seahawks fleece on my cutting mat without me know it, because I told her to cut it with scissors. I now have navy blue fleece permanently embedded in my Martelli mat!!! I scrubbed, I got it wet, I tried and eraser....got some of it out but not all. Made her go get her Fiskars mat to cut on since she can't seem to follow instruction and not press so hard on the mat. She offered to buy me a new one until she found out how much I had paid for it........she is now officially banned!

I forgot the highlight of my day!!! Had to go pick up the tabs for my MM's license plate. Parked next to me was a big white pickup. Cute little Yorkie looking out the window when a second one popped it's head up. Well, the window was open a couple inches so I was talking to them. They were not friendly dogs and were yapping and jumping around and would have ripped my finger off had I poked it in the window. One of them got crazy and banged against the window setting off the alarm which continued to sound several minutes. They were looking at each other trying to figure out what was going on....that was pretty funny!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 19th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Hello The Owls are early tonight.
My father posted a pic today of him and his sister and brother in Prague.They look very happy,I'm glad because he was so worried about going on this trip.
Prague is awesome! I visited there in 2013, loved it!

Spent the evening quilting on the longarm. Got two tops quilted with not so fancy quilting, then bound them. Hooray! They are finished! These tops have been stuck in the UFO box for quite a long time! Time to move them out! They are going to be attendance prizes for the forum retreat!

stationarymom
September 19th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Pat sorry to hear about your cutting mat ,do you think a magic eraser would do anything? I hope your DD grows up soon,I would have banned her too for her behavior in your quiet place.

Precious1
September 19th, 2015, 03:17 AM
Pat, did you try scrubbing with a "bath puffy"? It's hard enough to scrub the blue fibres out, but soft enough to not scratch the mat.

sewlucky
September 19th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Hoot hoot! Busy day for me after a nice sleep in :). Meeting at the bank with a couple members of our volunteer board and then some good homework time put in. I still didn't write my paper, that will be Sunday I think. I'm sewing tomorrow :). Finished the evening off with knitting and watching a couple episodes of Longmire..

Terri

Hulamoon
September 19th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Pat what kind of of scarf did she make with fleece? I only know the one where you tie with knots at the ends. I made a cute girls poncho with knots and sold it it on Etsy. Not hard but time consuming

bubba
September 19th, 2015, 03:48 AM
I did not have a Magic Eraser, but may get one in the morning!!! I did use one of the scratchy pad sponges and got about half of it out. Got even more out with the rubber end of my seam ripper. I'll work on it some more when I am up there alone!!

Lorie, just a winter scarf. She cut two strips, sewed a long tube, turned them, topstitched the sides then cut fringe. It turned out cute, but she can do them at her own *#!) house!!!

Bubby
September 19th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Hi everyone...I'm up with an allergy attack.

I just watched the Slice-A-Block tutorial which will be my next new project. I love the peppered cottons and geometric quilts, so this seems like it was made for me. I already have the layercake and the black on hand.

Pat, I'm sad about your mat!!!! I hope you can get all the fibers out.

I played on my embroidery machine yesterday looking for a nice Christmas design to put on pillow shams. I have an order for a set and also want to make one for our neighbor who had a stroke a few months ago and is still in the hospital. I would make her a quilt but the hospital would ruin it in the laundry. Her husband isn't the type who would bring it home and wash it. I learned this lesson the hard way. When she gets home I will make her a quilt.

Jean, you're burning the midnight oil tonight! I hope you have a great time at the retreat.

Good night everyone!

kimsophia
September 19th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Ugh, allergies! DH has them. Mold is the worst to him.

The orange dress is coming along despite my attempts to wreck it. I zig zagged along all the seam allowances. I managed to slice a little slit in it when trimming a bulky seam. Yikes! I think I can just widen the seam there and hide it in the seam allowance. :P