PDA

View Full Version : Exciting but

bobw103
November 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Had the Relators out yesterday to list the house, now I have to get ready for it to be photographed tomorrow morning and then ready for it to be shown hopefully a lot :D How oh how do I get ready for pictures...I know I know declutter. Who me declutter! I have stuff and lots and lots of stuff! Especially crafty kind of stuff! But it has to be done because the plan is to go fulltime in a motorhome. Not lots of space in a motorhome so I really do have to get used to having less on hand and buy as I need. I like to have lots on hand. Oh it's a problem. In fact I am procrastinating just by sitting here on this site. Darn it.
It really is exciting however and we are looking forward to it it's just the process that is a bit of an anxiety booster. And then I have these Christmas projects to do. OK, a day at a time a day at a time.

rebeccas-sewing
November 1st, 2011, 02:06 PM
Selling your house and going on the road? Wow!!! I've never known anyone to actually do that? What's the game plan?

Bubby
November 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
DH and I recently looked at motor homes and I'm not sure I could downsize enough to live in one. I know I can do anything I HAVE to do....good luck to you! I'm with Rebecca, what's your game plan? Barb

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
I could NOT do that. I guess, though, that I've done enough traveling. When I moved into this house it was after 22 years in a foreign country, living in camp quarters and tight spaces. I went overboard and then I had to fill the place. This is the 39th house we have lived in!!!!!!!!! I told Al I would NEVER MOVE again - they will have to carry me out in a cardboard box!!

Anyone want to sneak in and take something? I'd probably not miss it for a few years.

bobw103
November 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM
So Sandy, I am guessing you would not be the gal to come help me de-clutter and purge huh? :lol:
The game plan, well we have been spending the past two winters in our 5th wheel so have sort of gotten used to the life style. My husband works way too hard-he is the kind of guy that always has a project and now he is just tired of it. It is getting too difficult for him to climb roofs and build walls etc. So, we will list the house this Thursday and when it sells we will purchase a motorhome-much nicer to travel in than a 5th wheel we think- and then it is time to purge purge purge. We have a huge shed/garage that is so darned full of tools etc that we are not able to put our vehicles in it! David is a wonderful builder but not so much at cleaning up after himself. That will be the first task to tackle, clean the garage, decide what to keep, what to throw and what to sell. In the house, the only things that we want to keep are a few kitchen items, my sewing and knitting stuff and the few pictures that are not on the laptop. Other than that I am not attached to anything in the house really. I do have a huge garden that I love but it too has become work. My problem is that once I get a garden up and growing I then design another huge one in another spot (we have 25 acres....). For the summer months we have 88 acres 4 hours south where my son and family live. We will put a camper spot on our acreage so that we are close to the MN grandkids and then when it gets cold we are off to AZ until it warms up up here. My sewing and kitting comes with. I practiced this past couple of weeks when we were down sewing on a picnic table. It works, not as nice as my craft room with the nice high cutting table etc but it works. AND I will have all the time in the world to sew...when we are not fishing or hiking or swimming or sight seeing that is. So it will be interesting and I am sure I will keep you all posted.

janluna
November 2nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Bobbi, My Aunt and Uncle did that. They had a place in the Italy Hills of NY where they went every summer. It was a hunting lodge of sorts. They would visit the family from there and then when the leaves began to fall, they would pack up and join with a camping group they knew. The group would travel all the southern state in the winter, and the northern ones in the spring.
After years of this they settled in Florida, sold the trailer, and drove to NY every summer to see their kids, grandkids, and family. They had a great life. Spent time in every state of the lower 48 and just loved it. They also saw a lot of Canada and loved it there. Their trailer had everything in it, including a dishwasher, oven, microwave, stove, fridge, and even a washer and dryer! All in miniature, it worked great for them. When they settled in Fla. they bought a doublewide mobile and lived in a park that was wonderful. My Aunt was a Bingo player. She won every week at the park rec center. Plus they did excerise in the nice warm pool and kept in shape. They lived a long and wonderful life. I'd love to do what they did, but I am a homebody and they will have to pry the keys to my house out of my cold hand before I leave. We moved a lot when I was a kid. I have 9 acres, that's big enough for me. I would like to haul out though and get my house under control. Have a great life and keep your laptop so we can keep in touch with you. Hugs, Jan L.

debinmalaga
November 2nd, 2011, 12:12 AM
How exciting!!! You have a lot of work ahead of you and I know it's daunting, but just think of how comfortable and freeing a decluttered life is. I'll add my request for updates!

meemeecyn
November 2nd, 2011, 12:23 AM
Good luck in your new adventure! Sounds like you will have a wonderful time. Keep us posted.
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
November 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
Oooooh, Ooooooh, someone totally misunderstood me. Bobbi, I would be PERFECT to come help you declutter. Absolutely PERFECT - I'd load up my trailer with anything I thought would look great in my house and take it away. Same with you, Jan - I won't let my daughter (who is trying so hard to be a minimalist ---- with seven children, yet) throw anything away . . . my so very, very bad and I do get attached to things (yet I don't think I am a materialistic person DUH!!!!!!). And I am the one who laughed because my mother saved bread wrappers, twist ties, and still had a brand new gift package of bath towels that were given to me when I first moved away from home . . . still in the original package while she had thread-bare ones hanging in the bathroom.

There is no hope for me. HOWEVER, JUST SO NO ONE GETS THE WRONG IDEA, I AM NOT ANYTHING LIKE THE HOARDERS ON TV.

ILove2quilt
November 2nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
It sounds like your going to be having a lot of fun. Get your self some of those large plastic storage boxes and fill them up. There should be some room for you to hid them. lol Enjoy your new life, I wish I could do that.