PDA

View Full Version : They Boh Died!

Sharyn J
September 18th, 2015, 03:53 PM
No worry, just my computers! First the laptop and then my desktop! They both need new hard drives. They were top of the line, so I may fix at least one of them. Thankfully, they're backed up.

So, until I get something worked out, I'm using this Chromebook, which is nice, but I can't type worth a darn! :icon_sniff: AND, I'm still trying to get my old bookmarks.......such a pain.

Well, life is full of big problems and this is not one of them. As dad used to say, "It's a good day when I wake up and my toes aren't pointing up." Blessings to all of you and have a great day!

Hulamoon
September 18th, 2015, 03:59 PM
That's a bummer. When my last computer died I took it to a computer doctor (that's their name lol) and they bought it from me. Maybe look into that before you reycle it.

bubba
September 18th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Well, life is full of big problems and this is not one of them. As dad used to say, "It's a good day when I wake up and my toes aren't pointing up." Blessings to all of you and have a great day!

Exactly why I sleep on my stomach!!!

Carlie Wolf
September 18th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Both of them died around the same time? Years ago that kept happening to me. By the third time some people suggested that the place I was staying at might have been having "brown outs". i.e. surges in the electricity which then would fry my computer eventually. Thing was that you couldn't see the lights dimming so I never suspected it. Turned out that that was what kept frying my computers. I finally got something that was stronger than the power strips. It works and since then any computer stuff goes on it. I also put my quilting machine on it too. I always get the name mixed up but it's either UPS or USP.

Sharyn J
September 18th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Both of them died around the same time? Years ago that kept happening to me. By the third time some people suggested that the place I was staying at might have been having "brown outs". i.e. surges in the electricity which then would fry my computer eventually. Thing was that you couldn't see the lights dimming so I never suspected it. Turned out that that was what kept frying my computers. I finally got something that was stronger than the power strips. It works and since then any computer stuff goes on it. I also put my quilting machine on it too. I always get the name mixed up but it's either UPS or USP.

Yes, I have the super duper surge protector too. Laptop went out months ago but I still had my desktop for backup. It wasn't updating properly and had trouble with the drive so it decided to go yesterday. They were both about the same age and used evryday for work and pleasure so I guess I can't complain.