PDA

View Full Version : Friday, actually

Blondie
September 18th, 2015, 06:15 AM

Happy Friday Folksies!

Yay, it's Friday. I am so looking forward to this one. I get to meet a new little one who arrived two nights ago. Olivia weighed in at an even 8 lbs, with a massive cap of dark hair. First grand for this precious friend of mine. I can't wait. In the past several months, I've made Olivia two quilts, a diaper bag and massive amounts of burp cloths bibs in prep of her arrival.

Whatcha got going on this weekend? Since my migraine is long gone, and allergies seem to be under control at the moment, I am planning on finishing up the repotting of some of my houseplants. I still have plenty of time before first frost so maybe not. I will most likely be down at Mom's getting her place back in shape. I don't know how one little lady can create so much work for me! If it sounds like I'm complaining, oh you silly one! She can frustrate the heckfire shoot out of me but I've learned how to choose my battles and laugh at most of them.

The call I was dreading most didn't come yesterday so perhaps it will be today. Thanks for your moral support and words of advice. I was coming to terms with how to deal with her on the phone and as you know feeling guilty about scanning the caller ID. My cousin, Annie, the ever positively brutally honest and adorably opinionated like a baby sister type of cousin, opined last night that the nemesis might just show up at the shop. Insert another deer in the headlight expression here. So, I would prefer to answer the phone without scanning ID's in the future. Since she occasionally lurks here, I will say a very sarcastic -Thank you Annie!

Hey, it's Friday! Ain't nuthin' gonna keep me down! Let me count my blessings! Seeing Olivia today, short day at work today and shorter tomorrow, time with Mom, the weather is perfect, I got gasoline for $1.82 yesterday, and the oldie pick me up truck passed inspection - who cares about anything else - hey, I'm one happy girl who can rejoice in little things as well as big things. Come along and smile with me and count your blessings too!

Patsquilting
September 18th, 2015, 07:00 AM
AMEN, Blondie. Little things can turn into big things. Enjoy visit with baby - much fun.

I'm on the 2nd day of a quilt shop hop. 1st one I've been on - great company, LOTS of driving, lots of laughing. At least someone else driving today. Budget short (with husband unemployed) but have love and great company!

Have a terrific day -- one moment at a time!

dwil23
September 18th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Good Morning, all. Well, I'm up - but thinking about not staying that way. So much to do, so little time, but I am tired. DId a lot of shopping yesterday waiting on the dog to be finished with her appt. I hit two quilt shops, three thrift stores and Hobby Lobby. That was only the second time I had been in a HL - boy, could I get lost in there! Good thing it was my last stop and it was time to start heading south towards home. I had a really good time - just me, myself and I, but didn't realize how tired I was until later.

My order of chenille for burp cloths came in yesterday, so got a bunch of those to make myself. Little Sawyer will be here soon. Very little accomplished this weekend - back to work tonight. But, in the meantime - I think I need a nap!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day!

Bubby
September 18th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Morning Everyone. We're up bright and early and I just watched Jenny's new tutorial. Jeff is getting ready for work and the Girls are waking up.

I put borders on the second Curved Log Cabin quilt and I took it to Reggie yesterday. She's already getting busy with Christmas orders. She won't accept anything after October 31st so I need to get on the ball with the rest of my projects.

We have to work in Cuba tomorrow. Our new tenants are coming to sign their lease and we have to inspect a few apartments and replace a deadbolt lock.

Wishing everyone a blessed Friday with hugs all around.

Monique
September 18th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Good morning dear friends. I had a lovely conversation with Kathy (Panda) last night night. She starts chemo next week. She sounded really good and in good spirits.

I had my dr's appointment yesterday. All is good and I am getting my wish. I am having my right breast removed. NO CANCER. It is in the way, prosthetic is hot and heavy and just tired of lugging around a fake breast. I do also have to have another colonoscopy. The polyps they removed are the kind that return and left untreated could cause problems down the road. So as a precautionary measure, the test will be repeated. Other than that, this old bird is healthy. Usual aches and pains as we age. And I lost almost 10 pounds since last visit.

I also helped Bonnie sandwich a quilt. Takes so little time when done by 2 people. THEN, I spent the next 2 1/2 hours cutting grass. Dr. says no wonder knees are sore. I guess.

Today I would like to get into my sewing room at some point.

Have a great Friday friends.

Bubby
September 18th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Monique...I'm sorry you are going through so many medical issues. When will you have your surgery? It's great to hear you don't have cancer in your breast. I'm praying for you, Dear Friend.

songbird857
September 18th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Morning all :)
Sounds like it's shaping up to be a good weekend for everyone so far!
My older daughter spent the night here last night so that she can use her sister's car to do some running around because of some issues with the registration on her own car.... Let's just say, yesterday's adventure included police taking her plates, towing her car to her house, calls to the ins. Co. And lots of tears for her. She is learning to read 'everything' that comes in the mail regarding her car ;).
I finished cutting the pieces out for the Swoon Pearl wallet. That is on my agenda today - we'll see....
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!!!

Ginny B
September 18th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone. Another beautiful day weatherwise here and the sun is making me smile for sure. Friday always has a different "feel". Another busy day ahead of me at work but it still will feel like Friday and I'll be smiling through it all.

The only definite thing on the agenda for the weekend is Vicky's Sprinkle on Sunday afternoon. And, I think Dr. Who is beginning tomorrow night and since dh is a BIG Dr. Who fan, we will be settling in to watch that. I am not such a big fan but he likes it so I sit and watch with him (usually while doing some sort of handsewing or knitting or something--- and keeping an eye on the Yankee game on my laptop or phone :) )

Have a fabulous Friday everyone. "See" you later.

aliaslaceygreen
September 18th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Morning all :)
Sounds like it's shaping up to be a good weekend for everyone so far!
My older daughter spent the night here last night so that she can use her sister's car to do some running around because of some issues with the registration on her own car.... Let's just say, yesterday's adventure included police taking her plates, towing her car to her house, calls to the ins. Co. And lots of tears for her. She is learning to read 'everything' that comes in the mail regarding her car ;).
I finished cutting the pieces out for the Swoon Pearl wallet. That is on my agenda today - we'll see....
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!!!
Ah, ADULTING is hard, indeed....

I work today, corporate visitors will be there, ugh... get in my way and slow me down.
Rehearsal dinner tonight and all day tomorrow shooting a wedding... The weather appears to be cooperating, so that is a great sign!!

Take care, all!!

ceiliam
September 18th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Morning, Blondie what a good daughter you are, to fun my almost 90 year old Mom wants to come and take care of me, offered to come clean my house cook for me, I am laughing for goodness sake Mom its a kidney stone.
Monique keep us informed prayers and hugs sent your way.
Been up since 1:30. Have load of laundry done. Garbage out. Bet I end up taking a nap. Have a great day and wonderful weekend. Cecelia

Grandma Nan
September 18th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Good morning folks

Its finally here. Today is birthday day for Aimee. The biggest day of the year for her!!! She gets so excited and plans for it all year. We have a pink and white polka dot theme this year, so she is happy.

Going this morning to get my nails done and start packing for the Forum. I did laundry yesterday and have been laying out all my quilting goodies so now I need to get it all together. All this plus, my bro and sil anniversary party, so it is going to be a busy, but exciting, weekend. We couldn't come up with a gift for the party so finally we found a local artisan who carves bowls out of blocks of wood. They are beautiful. Some of them are fabricated with 2 kinds of wood, some incorporate the bark from the trunk. They are quite incredible.

Prayers for you Monique, I'll give you a call. Others are also in my thoughts.
Have a great weekend,
Nan

CheyMom14
September 18th, 2015, 10:05 AM
You are such a dear Blondie. My mom's been gone for almost 29 years and I still miss her so much everyday. She was so strong, I wish I had more of her strength just to cope with what the world throws at me.

I loaded the backing for my first 'Modern' quilt last night while DH watched another evening of mindless reruns. Sincerely hope the new TV season is worth sitting still for. Have all the measurements for the quilt top, now begins the 'how do I quilt thee, let me count the ways' conundrum. Had another encounter with the self-appointed local quilt police at the LQS earlier this week. I hope they know how much business they lose because of her opinions. Tends to make me question my decisions a little deeper, although it shouldn't. I do this for me, no one else. Repeat as needed. Soapbox forthcoming. She judges the 4H sewing and is way too critical on those young ones. Have to wonder if it puts them off from sewing in the long run. I've never really seen any of her work that was all that tremendous. Soapbox over.

Got substantial rains last night, although fast and furious. Cooler weather expected by tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a better weekend.

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Don't know whether to send prayers, laugh and giggle, squirm and wiggle, send sympathy, encouragement or just get up and get another cup of coffee. One thing for sure, this thread definitely pulls on the emotions.

Okay - we have an offer on the table! Bout all I can say right now.

I'll be working on PICU/NICU quilts today - four down, four to go. And I have pillowcases cut - finished two yesterday and think I have four more waiting on the table. I can forget about trying to pack and where in the world I'm going to move . . . as long as I'm surrounded by fabric and thread!!

Dollyquilts
September 18th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I'm having an exciting day. I'm attending my first Bernina mastery class for my new 560. I need to get off the computer and get on the road in 30 minutes. I don't know how bad the Houston traffic is at 9:00 and you never know what to expect. I bought my old Bernina used, so I never took a class. My daughter had the same machine, so she was a big help with it.

irishrn
September 18th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Late morning hello!!! Up early for the painter whe wasn't here on time but I expected that!!!
Got to my MD appt yesterday and received the pneumonia vaccine. My first of any kind since 1995 when I had such a horrible reaction the decision for no more was the better choice!!! So far all I have is a sore arm!!! So looking good. Waiting 30 days and then we go for the shingles vaccine. Flu will be the last one but that's the one that was so bad!!!

DH's finally in a better mood today. Last few days have been quite tense as he refused his meds and meals! So far today we got yogurt into him!! And he took his meds too!!! Yeah!!!

Hugs to you Monique. Elective procedures are better when you are prepared for them!!
Sandy, fingers crossed for your offer!!
Hope all have a wonderful weekend!!! Cooler weather is sooooo much better!!

Panda
September 18th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Good morning everyone! As Monique mentioned, we had a very nice conversation last night. As a good friend she was checking in with me to see how everything was going so far since my cancer diagnosis. As she said I start chemo on Wednesday, the same day my brother in law, the deacon, will be doing the mass with the Pope in Washington, DC. I think that is a great sign. I am keeping a positive attitude. Have an awesome day everyone.

Kathy

Monique
September 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM
ALL is good friends. I chose to have this done.

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone! As Monique mentioned, we had a very nice conversation last night. As a good friend she was checking in with me to see how everything was going so far since my cancer diagnosis. As she said I start chemo on Wednesday, the same day my brother in law, the deacon, will be doing the mass with the Pope in Washington, DC. I think that is a great sign. I am keeping a positive attitude. Have an awesome day everyone.

Kathy

You've got a prayer group holding hands around the world on this one!!! Comfort to you, please.

JCY
September 18th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Hi, Everyone. Very little sewing accomplished lately as I'm cleaning house getting ready for my DS to visit next week. He will be here for a long wk. end on the 25th. He'll be able to do some projects for us that DH no longer has the strength to do. I have a to-do list written out. I know we won't get everything done, so we'll prioritize the most impt. ones. I hope to spread fertilizer on the lawn today. Finally the temp. is below 80 deg. We're having the sprinkler system blown out in 2 wks. so I want to have ample time to water in the fertilizer. It's sunny & a cool 55 deg. this a.m. We're thankful for the cooler temps.

I hope everyone has a good week-end.

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2015, 12:22 PM
ALL is good friends. I chose to have this done.

Do you recall Divine Daisy's post about taking her 'false boob' out and throwing it at a cat fight? When you spoke of this surgery that's the first thing that crossed my mind. I know, I'm bad!!

Monique
September 18th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Do you recall Divine Daisy's post about taking her 'false boob' out and throwing it at a cat fight? When you spoke of this surgery that's the first thing that crossed my mind. I know, I'm bad!!

YOU, bad? Noooooooooooooooo. I think I'll keep the falsy for Les. Then he will have something to play with. I did have it under my pillow once but the boob fairy NEVER came.

Carrie J
September 18th, 2015, 12:57 PM
OMG and LMBO.........Blondie, you're such a sweetie pie, but sorry the "boobfest" has hijacked ya!!!!! Read the posts to Hubs and he's declared us certifiable!! Only women totally get and understand "boob" humor!! The visuals here were better than an entire season of Carol Burnett! Hugs and Blessings to all!

Lori63
September 18th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I'm checking in late today, wow, lots going on here, it looks like I missed an exciting morning.

Sandy, hope it all goes well with your house, Monique hope all goes well with your boobies, Panda I think you have the 2nd most powerful person on your side with the pope!

My day started out slow, I have the day off but these dang allergies are kicking my butt. I'm ready for a good hard freeze! I've been sewing all morning, listening to the thunder and rain. DH is supposed to be playing golf today, he left and said the tournament was still on. He will be one soaked puppy when he gets home.

Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend planned, enjoy!

Wwena
September 18th, 2015, 01:48 PM
I've missed you guys! Blondie, such a smile on my face now.

I've been hard a work here, new position to fill and last weekend we were on a conference so in a sense I've been working two weeks without much of a break. It's so much fun though!

This weekend we'll be chaffeuring the kids to different activities (gymnastics and a kiddie party) and try and watch collegues from both our jobs (mine and DHs) compete in "Action Run" - yikes that looks hard! I've bought some flowers and will be doing som re-potting as well. I will get some time in with my mom as well, who were at the emergency yesterday morning with a racing heart (but is fine now).

Other than that, try and get some sewing time! I bought fabric and started some Christmas projects a couple of weeks back (will post about them later) and they are such fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!

alliek
September 18th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Having some much needed work done in my kitchen. The house is upside down, no sewing as my dining room is now a storage depot! They will be finished with the main work today. yea!!! so we can refill the cabinets. My DH says "good time to clean out stuff". I agree, only we can't agree on what "stuff" to clean out. He wants to throw out all my favorite dishes. I told him. "Work on the garage and basement",leave the kitchen to me. We will see. I've been wanting new countertops and back splash for 10 years. All good things come to those who wait. !! I'm so thrilled with this. Now for all the grunt work to get it back to order. Have a blessed day, in our blessed land. May all your families be well. God Bless.