PDA

View Full Version : Thankful Night Owl

Simply Quilting
September 18th, 2015, 02:33 AM
This night owl is very thankful that the storms that were predicted for our area missed us. We were looking at 2 inch hail and 70 mph winds. We ended up with was just a little sprinkle of rain and that was it. I am headed off to bed. It is going to be a busy next couple of days.

Have a hoot of a night :)

stationarymom
September 18th, 2015, 03:01 AM
I'm glad you missed the storms also.We had a super cell come through here one year that brought 2=3" hail with it they cause a lot of damage.(my dh froze the hail because it was so large he couldn't believe it.He's a little odd)

bubba
September 18th, 2015, 03:14 AM
I'm thankful I got the NCW templates in the mail yesterday. Some gal posted on the FB NCW Addicts page that she had a brand new set for the large and a used 1x mini. Each set was $30......I bought the large (price included shipping!). Today I opened the package. They were still in the plastic bag from the factory and still had the papers on the templates. I started taking them off (while talking to Dolores who threatened me with bodily harm because it seems she snoozed and lost), and not only did I get the regular templates, I also got the set for the interfacing too!!!! I was doing the happy dance!

This is how long I was talking to Dolores.....I cut out all the interfacing, plus the fabric, plus the faux leather for a large Nora. Yes, one hour, thirty two minutes and 18 seconds!!!! I'm tired just thinking about it!

Going to finish watching my Ellen recording and then it's on to Project Runway. I was glad to see that guy go home last week! He was full of himself.

sewlucky
September 18th, 2015, 03:21 AM
I'm thankful for the long nap I got in this afternoon :). I should have been doing other things but oh well, I clearly needed sleep right?

Tomorrow I have an appointment and some writing to do. And some sewing, I'm definitely sewing!

Terri

redcaboose1717
September 18th, 2015, 04:22 AM
I was up most of the night last night, and ended up missing a class ( at the local quilt shop today...thankfully it was only a one day class, and DH called and let them know I wasn't coming )

Anyway, now, I have slept...and so I am up for the most part for a few hours, trying to think of what to do. I could start making quilt with the newest tutorial Jenny did for today ( FRIDAY ) .....with the Fresh Lilacs Charm Packs I have on hand.....I will just have to get ( or cut them myself ) some white charm packs to go with this quilt.
Jenny does such a great job with the tutorials.....yet I can only think of the "money" this quilting habit is costing me from time to time. Of course if it wasn't quilting, it would be something else I suppose.....Between my sewing ( garments & gifts for others ) my paper crafting and now the quilting ....I "habit(s) " have really grown I must say......oh well, it could be worse as I have said before ! LOL!

This is Jenny's latest tutorial :
The Love Notes Star Quilt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUtK8fIpQs&list=PLD5EF21A981F69C28&feature=player_detailpage

Jean Sewing Machine
September 18th, 2015, 04:52 AM
It's almost 3 am and Chayti's thunderstorms have just arrived across the state to my house. Thankful for my friends on the quilt forum!

kimsophia
September 18th, 2015, 05:02 AM
We had an inch of rain here with thunder, but nothing severe. Half the rain came around midnight last night and then another two lighter storms moved through in at noon and in the evening.

I just watched the 2014 movie of "Madame Bovary" on Netflix. I just can't get behind this character...really I think every character in that film needed a good kick in the pants. That she seems to not have any grasp of paying back the money she owes is quite stupid...maybe she is explained better in the book but I have no desire to read it...lol

Midge
September 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Another night of poor sleep, so I finally got up and did some reading. Was able to get back to sleep for a bit, but not nearly long enough. This is going to be a pathetic day, I think. No rain here, and boy do we need it. Watering everything to keep the veggies and herbs going. The things we learn the first year you live in a place. I never paid much attention to the house next door because the woman who lives there is annoying. Now even her yard is annoying. This stinkin' poplar tree has been dropping leaves since mid August. And they blow all over my driveway and front lawn. So today I'm getting out there with rake and lawn waste bags. I'd better do it early this morning or I might not have the energy! Also because rain is finally supposed to be coming in later today, and I don't want to start off fall with a yard full of soggy leaves killing the grass. Going to make some chive butter today and freeze it, and I need to get going on some flavored vinegars and freezing some basil and oregano in oil.

I'm working on a table runner kit intermittently. I like how the blocks are shaping up, but I'm cutting down the size of the thing. Guess I'll use the rest of the strips to make some placemats to coordinate with the runner. It's paper pieced, and I'm enjoying that. This is my first go at foundation paper piecing and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Going to get a card off to our May and thanks to Sandy for a reminder. Sure hope all is well with her. It's been so long it's getting concerning. Well time to get going I guess....