• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Thursday already

Hello Folksies
    Happy Thursday! Work this morning in just a little bit. But yesterday. Aahhh, my Pajama Coffee Cookie day was fabulous. I actually forced myself to look at caller ID before I said Hello, I binged on coffee, choc chip blondies (naturally) and true to my word, I stayed in my jammies all day long. Can i say it was glorious? I watched Inspector Morse and Youtube quilting videos all day on Netflix. I finihed quilting a COC and got the binding on. And then I stitched some more on one of my own quilty projects. Like I said, glorious. By the time Luscious got home I had to scurry and wash the chocolate off my face but there was no hiding the sugar high. I believe I will do this again. Perhaps it will become a ritual for me. It was better than taking a nap.

On a serious note, I was serious when I said I looked at caller ID. And boy howdy, was I glad I did. There is a client I've had for over 20 years that I don't know how to get rid of. Long story and I won't go into it but let me say I am just tired of hearing about her hair and how it looks good when I do it but two days later it is not doing for her. It's too long, too short, not enough blonde streaks, too much money, too much time, her husband issues, her children issues, her mother issues and by the way, too much of HER. I don't want to offend her for anything but I did suggest she try someone else. She did. She wasn't happy. No surprise there and she has been calling me ever since. At work, at home and I even saw her at one of the memorials I went to this week. I really need to come up with the nerve to tell her how I really meant it when I said go find someone else. I did suggest she call the other hairdresser back and explain to her (as I have heard for 20 years) exactly what she expects of her hair. She called the other hairdresser and she didn't have an opening for 3 weeks. That is hairdresser code for persona non gratis.
    She knows I have time to do her. You may not think this is a big deal, but, this stuff gives me a big knot in my tummy. So send me some backbone and a tough heart someone. Please. I know that her real issue is her own unhappiness. I don't understand how anyone with everything can be so miserable. Sigh. Life is too short, folks. We don't see ourselves as others do. It is hair. It grows. That is why I have a job. I believe she found out what a bargain I really was as well, lol.

Ok, rant over. Think of the deer in the headlight look every time the phone rings at work today. And then you can snicker but I betcha it makes you SMILE!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Thursday already

Blondie, that is a tricky situation for sure. If you decide to give her a 'do', then before she ever sits down, just say, today is a positive day, no negative talk, just happy talk. OR we can just be silent (play some happy music).

Alright then, my brother came and had dinner with me last night. We got the sewing machine going with the voltage converter. Now we need a new belt. The little light is European so if it blows, I have no other. But I can live with that. At least we now know it works. Today I have a dr's appointment and then helping Bonnie sandwich a quilt.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Lori63
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2015

Blondie, my advice is to just come out and tell her you can no longer do her hair. Try to be polite but firm. Once it's done, you won't have to worry about her calling anymore and you won't have that knot in your stomach. Trust me, you will feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. It's kind of like pulling off a bandaid, do it quick, it's less painful! Let us know how it goes, I'll be thinking about you today and sending positive thoughts your way.

One more day do work for me this week and I'm off for the weekend. Planning on a sewing filled weekend. Finishing my favors for the retreat and then free to sew anything I want!
      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ceiliam
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2014

Blondie I agree life is short it is hard to deal with people like that need to do volunteer work or get a hobby. I worked in call centers for 20 years could not believe what people complained about or names you would get called, again I am with you not happy with themselves. I like Moniques. Idea and enforce it.
        Got my surgery date for removal of kidney stone. Not looking foreward to proceedure, just looking foreward having it gone. Hoping to get some sewing done today. Hope all have a great day full of positive thoughts. Ceclia

Comment

• dwil23
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

Some people are just taxing to be around. We had one at work, and Thank the Lord he finally bid to a different position. He thought for sure when the bids came back up that he would just come back and annoy us some more, but, as fate would have it, he wasn't able to bid and it went to a very junior person who is delightful to work with! This poor guy complains about everything, is an expert on everything, but doesn't know his head from his, well you get the picture. His new coworkers are already over him -"Welcome to our World"!

It is a beautiful morning here! I have had the dogs out for their walk and it is breezy with a "Florida nip" in the air. That is when the temp drops below 80 degrees in the morning. Currently says 76!

I have to take my sister's dog for her acupuncture treatments today. WIll drop her off by noon and then pick her up around 4. Since the vet is about 40 miles from my house, I will kill some time rather than drive home. Let's see. There are at least four quilt shops I can think of within 20 miles of where I am going, so I think it should be faily easy to kill 4 hours, don't you? Also discovered a very nice Goodwill store near there where I got 100 percent cotton Dockers bed sheets the other day for $2.17! I decided one of them is going to be made into a curtain for my French Doors, with fabric left over. And there is a Salvation Army that is nearby. A little bird told me that both of them have vintage machines often.

And good news - DS started working for Amazon yesterday! Seems to like it and said his boss gave him a compliment, so hope all works out there. HOpe everyone has a Blessed Day and saying a prayer for those in need.
          Donna

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

I had a good day yesterday but the best part was a quick visit with Reggie. We decided we're going on a float trip and fish all day one day soon.

Today I plan to put borders on the second Curved Log Cabin quilt then I have to come up with something for the back.

Has anyone heard from May? If not I will send her another card and maybe Gene will send me a note.

Have a great day everyone.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

10405695_504700839695071_7624144530462617727_n.jpg

Good Morning! Blondie, that is indeed a tough situation. I'm no good dealing with difficult people. I tend to avoid, like screening calls. So yeah.....I got nothin! Sorry!
              I had the sweetest day with my Grands yesterday. We baked cookies and hung out and talked and laughed. I adore these kids and love the way that, even though they're all getting bigger and growing up, they still have time to hang out with Gramma. It's a joy in my life, I tell ya!
              Today is a day to sew and nothing else. Maybe a quick trip to the store but that's it. I want to finish a few things in the next couple days so I NEED this!

Need more coffee! Have a wonderful day, smile, be good to one another! Hugs and Prayers all 'round!
              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Good morning all! Last week to prepare for the forum retreat! My sewing room floor and tables look like tornado alley after my blitz to complete more samples and giveaways! I'm having a blast with a new project type everyday, trying new things and revisiting some old favorites. No pictures to share yet--shhhh, there are surprises and secrets to be kept!

That's my world, except for trying to fit in two costume jobs for Oct. and early Nov. the director of the November play, Nunsense, asked me to construct a lightweight stage curtain for the set. I need 18 yards of fabric to make it. You know very few fabric stores carry 18 yards of anything besides heavy, expensive drapery fabrics. He wanted light and CHEAP! So I found the fabric he wanted at Hancock, but I had to go to three different stores to get enough of it! Senior citizens got 20% off yesterday besides the sale price of 40% off. So, 4 hours later and about 100 miles of driving around, I got it for under $2 per yard! Great for the budget, and thank heaven for cheap gas! Funny thing-- I spent $50 on his fabric, but an extra $160 of fabric followed me home for my own stash! Bad girl, but I did get a whole bolt of 101 stabilizer for 50% off plus 20% off! and I am almost out of it from making all those NCWs and other projects!

Happy day! Have a great one!

Comment

• pharris123
                  The Guild President
                  • Apr 2015

Hi all! Indeed, life is too short to be around negative people if you can help it. Do your best to make them feel better, if that works, great, if not, move on.

Making bags today, finishing up a BGB out of gorgeous purple Laurel Birch fabric and bright bright mottled solids for the inside. It's for a quilter friend who needs a lift. Plan to make an NCW out of it, too, for my mom (surprise, mom!)

Sewing with fabric that has such a silky feel is like getting a little massage on your fingers while you sew.

Hope everyone has just as great a day as I plan to!!
                  Last edited by pharris123; September 17, 2015, 06:11 AM. Reason: mirth
                  Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2011

Good Morning all.
                    Blondie, good luck getting rid of your "pest". I know those situations can be difficult.

Will be off to the big city of Springfield today. Have to take DH or as I've been calling him lately "GrumpyButt" to the doctor for another check up on the arm. The pain is sometimes unbearable for him. He says sometimes it feels like his hand is on fire and other times like someone is peeling the skin off it or jabbing him with a metal brush. Hope the nerves heal soon.

I am slowly getting things done around here preparing for the nasty weather we all know will be coming. But I keep plugging away one day at a time. I will get it all done I know I will.

Have a great day
                    Hugs and prayers
                    Donna
                    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Mom23
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

Blondie, I wish there I could help you with your difficult client. I am so laid back when it comes to my hair but my sister is much like your client. It's JUST hair! Those of us with it should count our blessings.

Jean, I love that you saved so much on your fabric for the play but bought a load for yourself. That sounds like something I would do.

Things have been rather hectic here. I am hosting a foreign exchange teacher from Germany. My job is to keep her fed and get her where she needs to be every morning. Tonight we are hosting a dinner for the three teachers and the families they are staying with. After too many formal dinners in the past week we are going informal with a nacho bar.

I picked up 7 quilts from the LAQ yesterday. Who knows when I will get time to bind them all. My houseguest leaves Monday and I leave Friday for Philadelphia to see Pope Francis. Hubby and son will be gone hunting in Colorado next week so I might spend Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in my sewing room. I might have popcorn and cereal for my meals and not leave the house. I could get used to the recluse life!

Months ago I debated going to see the Pope or going back for my third M* quilt retreat. I chose the Pope but am really jealous of those going to the retreat right now.

I've been up since 50 since I had to get breakfast for my guest before she had to be at the bus early today. I think once the house is empty I will go back to bed.

Have a wonderful day!
                      Robin

Comment

• Ginny B
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2012

Good morning. Blondie, I wish you luck with your difficult customer. Negative people are so difficult to deal with. Yes, it does come from basic unhappiness and I try to remember that when dealing with such people. But it sure is difficult to not let there aura of negativity surround me too.

Checking in a bit late here today and so I've got to get myself out the door . Have a great day everyone.
                        Ginny B
                        Levittown, NY

Comment

• Granny Fran
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2014

Morning all. Well I have to get my rear in gear and paint all the trim upstairs. DH is finally finishing the repainting of the upstairs and now its my turn to get er done. Who knows what he will come up with next to do. He retired in mid January and is running out of projects already. He's already redone all the handrails on our stairs (we have a tri-level with basement). He said they weren't up to current code safety. They look good.

Blondie, last year about this time I had to end a ten year friendship so I understand your plight. I found that I didn't like how it made me feel to be around her. I felt like she was a vampire sucking out my soul. I tried to avoid her calls (she called every day and sometimes more than once) but after 5 days I answered and just laid it out. I wasn't angry, just sad. I calmly told her that I just couldn't be her friend anymore. I told her that I thought I had been a good friend to her but her constant complaining and unhappiness was unhealthy for me. I owned my own feelings, didn't blame her and wished her well.

You cannot imagine the sense of relief I have felt. I do think of her fondly of the good times, but do not miss all the drama. I am a happier person and my family noticed the improvement right away. We all need to cut off a part of us that is unhealthy sometimes, but it will heal.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
                          Last edited by Granny Fran; September 17, 2015, 06:27 AM.
                          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                          Aesop

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

My best advice to Blondie is to tell her client that her rates are going WAY up!!

Not much else to report on this end - although we are patiently waiting to see if this couple who have fallen in love with our house will make an offer or not. I tossed and turned a lot over night trying to decide just how we take all this junk we've accumulated and cram it into a much smaller place. Logistics and I don't always work well - guess that's why I've always moved UP . . . and I well remember when I lived very comfortably in a house that was smaller than my current living room. Such is life.

May you have nothing less than the best you deserve today.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Annette Ackley
                              The Guild President
                              • Mar 2012

Good Morning!! Blonde, some people just don't get it!!! Hope it all works out for you.
                              Got back from camping yesterday morning. It was nice to get away. Got to spend some time with our friends. We are lucky if we see them at all. Wecdo talk on the phone, guess it is better than nothing. Didn't do much yesterday. Today, lots to do!!! Yard work, laundry, got to get sewing in there somewhere. lol. Have a great day everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                              X