PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday dawns again!

Divine Daisy
November 1st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Did i mention that i hate tuesdays? Yes Yes i know i did lol, i dooooo go on about it. At least today is a bright sunny tuesday morning, i have the house to myself, no tv, radio or music on, just enjoying the peace.

Worked most of yesterday on the baby quilt. Mr Daisy says it is Clarice Cliff meets the Magic Roundabout lol. Well.one does like to be different eh? The brits will know both of those references........ others, its worth looking at the Magic Roundabout on Youtube.......look for an Ermentrude episode.i loveeeee that cow (dear heart). The film was poo! Its the 60's tv show you need to see. Ok i am old......ugh

Mr Daisy goes for his PAT scan today so finger crossed everyone.

My Sister in Law informed me last night that she is taking up quilting. You might think......ohh good, a quilting buddy for Daisy but. as she is better than everyone at everything i know that after one practice block she will be telling me how easy it is and how great she is at it i shall just be going 'ommmmmmmmmmmmm' a lot lol

Wanders off to work on the baby quilt and perfect my 'ommmmmmmmmm' Have a smashing day everyone

hugs
Daisy

Blondie
November 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM

Good Morning Daisy and everyone! Happy November! Really, November already? Why do I feel like I am late just because it is November first?
Guess its time to shake a leg as my Daddy would say. I mean, soon it will be December and I have miles to go before I can say I am ready!

Stayed with Mom last night, which is why I am late this morning. She is doing okay. Just a wee bit spoilt with me staying with her. We made up popcorn and watched Ghosthunters Live. We finally switched that off since nothing was happening and watched some old dvd's. My favorites - Aresenic and Old Lace and Topper Returns. I never get tired of old movies. Love me some Cary Grant.

I finished the baby quilt. I will post the picture here.

It looks so much better in person. I am an awful picture taker. It really isn't the camera. It is the photographer, moi. Now to throw it in the laundry and make it softer still. I appliqued the stars on two sashes for my son's benefit, being an astromer, etc. His handle is "nearby stars". You will recognize that the rest is a DP9. I used the Victoria charm packs from MSQC. Hand quilted in square rounds - diamond in the squares. It went very quick.

Daisy, will be praying for your hubs today. Also have my fingers, eyes and toes crossed.
Well, off to start my day. First of the month is always running to pay the bills. DD and her BF are coming tonite for dinner = Depression Spaghetti as my Mom calls it. Although there is nothing depressing about how we are when we eat dinner. My daughter is just like me - loves a good time. Any time is a good time to smile and laugh.

Have a wonderful day,y'all.

stitching woman
November 1st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good Morning All,

Daisy I will pray for good news on Mr. Daisy and just know that if it makes your SIL feel better to be perfect well think of all the fun she is missing by not making a few mistakes along the way how dull that would be.

Blondie so glad you can spend some one on one time with your Mom enjoy it while you can. Your quilt is soooooooooooo cute just love it.

Wishing the rest of you a wonderful day and do something that makes you smile.

Well need to get off here get my shower and headed to get a hair cut. Wonder if Blondie could work me in?

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 1st, 2011, 09:25 AM
Daisy, I will pray for you and Mr. Daisy! Good test results only!!!! :icon_bigsmile:
Blondie, I love the quilt! Very Very nice! :icon_cool:
Hope you both have a GREAT day!:icon_wave:

meemeecyn
November 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Good morning All! Daisy, know you must be anxious waiting for this next hurdle to be over with. Praying for good results. Good luck with you SIL...she sounds a bit competitive, one might say????

Blondie....you are such a loving, caring and attentive daughter. Your mother is one lucky lady. I know you must feel the same way about her. These times will give you great comfort in the many years to come. Very pretty quilt....love it. By the way, is Depression spagetti just an expression or is it actually made differently?

Take care everyone.
Cynthia

Blondie
November 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Hey Cynthia
Depression spaghetti is made with a little bit of brown hamburger cooked with onion, cooked spagh. noodles, diced onion, and a can of tomato soup. Bake in the oven and it is really different than regular spaghetti. When I was a little girl, my grandma used to make it up and said that was a way to stretch a meal for 6 kids.. She always called it Depression Spaghetti because it was cheap to make. I use some hambug., italian sausage, lots of onion and one or two cans of soup depending on how much I need to make up.
Now I am really going out the door. Just waiting for Sis to show up and voila! Here she is, waving to my invisible friends on the internet. LOL.

Bubby
November 1st, 2011, 11:19 AM
Good Morning,

Not much happening here. The weather in the east/north east on the news last night was horrific. Prayers to all our quilty friends. Miss Daisy, special prayers for you and DH and his PET scan.

I have laundry and a trip to the bank and market on my list for today. Yesterday I received the Ruby charm squares from MSQC. They're gorgeous...sort of retro/repro, lots of red prints. They are screaming D9P to me, so that's what will become of them! Blondie, LOVE the baby quilt. What a cute idea adding the panels with stars!! You're so creative and special!

I'll check back in later....have to get my day launched. Hugs all around.....Barb

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
I just got a telephone call (or as one of the grandkids used to say 'cellophone') that I have forgotten a special day with Michelle today . . . so I'm off to pick her up. This is the only thread I haven't read this morning so I'll catch up with everyone later in the day.

Hugs!!

janluna
November 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Good Morning everyone. Well the garbage is at the curb, and I still have to vacuum and scrub floors, but other than that I have to go get blood work done and then this afternoon I will sew!!
Prayers are lifting Daisy and Mr. Daisy up for healing. Hope they don't find a thing!
Well off to the shower and shampoo. Have a great day everyone. I'll be back later! Hugs, Jan

janluna
November 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
BTW Blondie, I love you quilt! Love the side borders! Hugs, Jan L.

bakermom
November 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Woke up to a bright sunny day. long night at work AFTER helping hand out treats last night. missed my pre-work nap, too. It was fun though. we love seeing the kids-big and little- all dressed up. Dh likes to play scary music for effect, too. got to see our GD as her mommy took her out trick or treating. She looked so cute!(i 'm not at all biased).
Hope everyone's day goes well, esp. for Mr.Daisy

quilter.martha
November 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Afternoon all! Daisy, prayers are headed your way for your wonderful DH. Praying for peace for you as well.

Blondie, your baby quilt is so sweet! How fun it must be to sew for a grandbaby!

I've spent the morning grocery shopping and preparing some state tax seminars that I'll be teaching in December. The afternoon is MINE! To the sewing room I go.

Wishes for a great day for everyone!

rebeccas-sewing
November 1st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Blondie,

How did you do your applique. Very cute quilt.

HandsOffItsMine
November 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Aloha all,

Mrs. & Mr. Daisy, prayers that the PET scan comes up clean. A major hug for Daisy with a SIL like that, I see a lot a Ohmmmmmmmmmmmms in the future.

Blondie, love that quilt. I'm planning on doing some applique after the two Q4Ks are done. Been collecting a bunch of free patterns in my digital library. So many choices and so little time. :)

Only two weeks before the family arrives from Holland, got to finish several projects before they get here. Like dust ruffle panels to attach to the rails of the raised bed. It has all the dolphin paintings, wood dolphin carvings, lamps, etc. that I didn't like, hehe, under it. Would be nice if guests didn't see it from the living room. I better get measuring, cutting, ironing, sewing, etc.

Prayers, healing light and hugs, Ruby

Divine Daisy
November 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Truthfully, my SIL is a B***ch! It amazes me how the same parents could produce someone as sweet and loving as Mr Daisy and her! For some reason she thinks she is so much better than everyone else, especially me. A few weeks ago while Heather was overseas and he and i were so worried she managed to get a signal and texted me. As it happened we were at MIL's house for a family do. When the text came i was so excited, i hadnt heard a peep for 17 days and she was in such a dangerus place. i replied and she managed to keep signal long enough to send another. So two texts came through in quick sucession. SIL sighed dramatically and said..... How intrusive. My jaw just hit the ground! I rarely say anything to her when she is so rude out of respect for her Mum, but oh my i almost bit my tongue through on that occasion lol.

How is it that you can know you are a nice person, successful personally and professionally and yet one person can make you feel utterly worthless? i know that if she really gets into quilting i will give up because i refuse to sink to her level and have her compete with me. Hopefully she will discover its not as easy as she thinks. She is not known for persisting if she isnt instantly brilliant at something. She was looking at a charm pack quilt i did as a quick project and commented on how little skill it took to just sew squares together lol. Lets see how exact her points are eh?

janluna
November 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Daisy, I have been in your shoes and it really took me down a bad road. I learned that You can give someone power over you. So just don't give it to her! It's hard, but it works. Don't bite your tongue. If she says something rude, let her know it was rude. You can do it very nicely: Well, that was rude, seeing as how she has not had contact with us, and she is in a very dangerous place. This is your niece we are speaking of! I am relieved she is OK! Then turn and walk away. You just took her power away. It doesn't have to be said meanly just matter of fact! She says something about your quilting, simply say, I enjoyed doing it. It was fun! A friend once told me, "create something new EVERY DAY, no matter how simple, no matter how small." Her name was Brenda, and she was right. Even if I only do one block a day, or create a new dish to eat, Or sing a new song, that only my birds and my dog hear, I am creating something. If God creates and I am made in His image, then I can create too. It may not be as good as His but it is something. Tell her that. Watch her change right before your eyes. Flat out tell her if she is being hypercritical. Say, "I'm sorry you feel you always have to be so perfect, Where is the fun in that?" Or" I feel sorry for you that you always have to compete to feel better about yourself. Do you ever do anything just for you?" Hit her up with a few of those but keep on doing your own thing, even if she sniffs at it. Quilting makes you happy, why on earth would you allow her to take it away from you, just because she thinks it's not better than she can do. Don't make me come over there, Daisy! You keep doing what makes you happy. People do far better than I, but the confidence I get every time I do complete something makes me feel better about me. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's not perfect. Besides, only God makes Perfection! Your SIL is to be pitied if she makes herself feel good by putting other people down. Don't you do it and for Pete's sake, don't do it to yourself. The more you quilt, the better you get! Keep quilting or I'll bring a few of your "Sisters" from America and get "jiggy" on ya! LOL
How did the PET Scan go today? I hope it went easy on Mr. D. Love and prayers and hugs, Jan

quiltingtrish
November 1st, 2011, 05:56 PM
Oh I wouldn't worry about your SIL hanging around quilting too much. There are many steps in the process of making a quilt. If she wants instant satisfaction, I doubt she will find it in quilting. Don't let her drag you down. There are just some people in the world that don't deserve our time.

Hugs,

Divine Daisy
November 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
thank you Jan and Trish..........i will do anything to avoid a crowd of american quilters walking up my garden path to get 'jiggy' on me!

It sounds rather............. fruity. Obviously its not but when i read it i really laughed out loud!

The PET scan gave Mr Daisy a nasty headache as always but is done, now we await the results.

Hugs to you both.

K. McEuen
November 1st, 2011, 06:23 PM
Your SIL sounds like she'd get along well with my MIL and my aunt. They say there's one in every crowd. Why'd I get saddled with two???

Loonwatcher
November 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Finally getting in here. Daisy[B] praying for good results from Mr. Daisy's PET scan. Don't give you SIL any power over you. Her comments mean nothing. I've been in that situation before and find the offender is usually low on self esteme and needs to glorify themselves above others just to feel good. You are wonderful and cannot be deminished by her comments. Just let it roll off you.

[B]Blondie love the baby quilt. Can't get enough of the D9P and the stars are awesome.

Has anyone read the blod - Iron Quilter content! Looks like fun. What a cute idea.

Have a great day.

sally
November 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hey all...not too much to report. We had 118 kids come for treats last night...so no sewing for me. I did get to the thift shop today and got some ties for my DH's Christmas quilt and will work on it some more tonight. Having real fun with it especially on the new machine. What a joy it is! Well back to work...Bye for now
Prayers and hugs to those who need it and even to those who don't!
:icon_wave:
Shauna

meemeecyn
November 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
Blondie...thanks for the history on Depression spagetti. Actually it sounds delish and I am going to try it! My Mom used to make something called American Chop Suey that sounded very similiar, but it was cooked on top of the stove.

Daisy, your SIL doesn't feel good about herself and that is why she is trying to tear you down, to make her feel better. Don't fall for it! As you said, you are a loving, talented and kind human being. She is the inconsiderate one. You would think she'd be happy that your daughter (oh, by the way, her niece) was safe and sound. Thank goodness your DH got all the nice genes!!!

Cynthia

mianmom
November 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Good evening! Last night was so much fun for DD. She was running from house to house. She did have a little accident, she fell down a set of steps by stepping back to far then she rolled and hit her head on the walk. Poor little bug, but she wanted to keep going. Glad it was toward the end of the night.

Actually got some sewing done this morning, currently working on a couple of tote bags for my aunt that she wants to give as Christmas presents. Then I took a friend to do her grocery shopping because she is unable to do it on her own.

Daisy - I pray that every thing turns out for your DH. And I pray that your sil gets a clue.

Blondie - Love the baby quilt!! Beautiful!

Well, have a nice evening every one, DD want to play with her flash cards.

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2011, 11:24 PM
I'm just now getting here after a very long day - I'll catch you all tomorrow (I hope).

debinmalaga
November 2nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
and commented on how little skill it took to just sew squares together lol. Lets see how exact her points are eh?

And you didn't slap her? You showed a lot of restraint :)

Blondie, love your sweet quilt.