PDA

View Full Version : Hoot If You're a Night Owl

kimsophia
September 17th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Hey! I'm up! Whoo hoo hoot! How are yoooou? @,@

:) Kim

stationarymom
September 17th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Hoot I didn't think there were any owls out there tonight.
I hope everyone is well tonight.I saw my father off to logan airport today,he is off to Europe for the first time in his life (he just turned 77 yesterday)

kimsophia
September 17th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Oh wow stationary mom, that's great...whereabouts in Europe is he going? :)

sewlucky
September 17th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Joan, I bet your dad has an amazing trip! Are you jealous, just a little??

I'm tucked in bed a little early. Tomorrow is my second early morning day of the week, 5:45am alarm and on the bus before 7.

I'm anxious for the weekend, which starts Friday for me. I have a short reflection paper to write for one of my classes and then I will be sewing!

Terri

kimsophia
September 17th, 2015, 02:13 AM
I cut out a long summer dress. I'm making it sleeveless and adding pockets. I was going to use my invisible thread but it keeps making the fabric pucker. Guess I need to try some other thread and see if that helps.

sewlucky
September 17th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Sounds pretty kimsophia! I love summer dresses.

bubba
September 17th, 2015, 02:17 AM
I taught my 35 year old daughter to sew. I'm pooped, sitting under a blanket and watching TV. Too early to go to bed yet.

Simply Quilting
September 17th, 2015, 02:18 AM
I'm here but not up for much longer. Just finished adding to my to-do list for the next few days. It seems to get longer and longer.

Lightwriter
September 17th, 2015, 05:32 AM
After not sleeping Tuesday night I managed to get a few zzz's in tonight.

FMQ another two blocks, stitched more on RxR applique. Both projects going slow.
Needed to sew together strips for a RowxRow background and decided the Featherweight needed some exercise. I have almost been afraid to use it. Set it up and it whirred along like a top. The old girl still has some tricks up her sleeve.

The committee of which I am a member went looking for a range for the church. We have a 40 inch hole and they don't make 40 inch ranges anymore unless you get price prohibitive with a commercial. We will have a 10 inch hole to fill. We thought maybe a tall cabinet to hold bread pans. We wanted electric with coils, not flat surface. The whole experience was rather depressing. Just give me a nice basic range that cooks well. Is that too much to ask?

Happy Thursday owls!

redcaboose1717
September 17th, 2015, 05:36 AM
I am up.....sewing strips of fabric. I am going to cut some fabric to make some more pillow cases and then I am going to make a list of things to get at Jo-Ann's tomorrow. I want to make a snow-man table runner for my friend who loves snowmen for her new house.

stationarymom
September 18th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Oh wow stationary mom, that's great...whereabouts in Europe is he going? :)

He is going on a river cruise on the Danube river to Prague,Germany,Paris and then back to England.

stationarymom
September 18th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Joan, I bet your dad has an amazing trip! Are you jealous, just a little??

I'm tucked in bed a little early. Tomorrow is my second early morning day of the week, 5:45am alarm and on the bus before 7.

I'm anxious for the weekend, which starts Friday for me. I have a short reflection paper to write for one of my classes and then I will be sewing!

Terri

Hi
I'm not afraid to admit it yes I'm a little jealous,but this is a trip he wanted to do his whole life. He found out his brother and sister and their spouses were going so he joined in with them,my mom has been gone for 15 yrs so this is good for him.