PDA

View Full Version : I'm kicking and screaming!

BobW
September 16th, 2015, 05:24 PM
I'm being pulled into the 21st Century kicking and screaming all the way.

I broke down and got an I-Phone 6 yesterday. I'm trying to figure out apps (I thought I was through with this c#@p when I learned how to use a computer).

I searched for M* and found an app for the Tutorials, is there an app for the forums? Is there an app for the on-line store?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Lori63
September 16th, 2015, 05:30 PM
I haven't found one other than the one for the tutorials. It would be nice if they had them though!

I'm due for an upgrade and my iphone 5 is on it's last legs. Did you get the 6 or the 6 plus? I'm trying to wait till the 6s comes out so maybe the 6 will be cheaper.

BobW
September 16th, 2015, 05:36 PM
I went from a flip phone to the I-phone 6. I'm mind boggled. Just answering a call requires a teenager for me. LOL

K. McEuen
September 16th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Two years ago I finally decided to give up the landline completely. To do that I had to get hubby a cell phone. He just wanted basic, no frills as he only calls a few people. So I walked into the Verizon store and looked, everything was smart phones. I found a customer service rep and asked him "Don't you guys sell any dumb phones?" He laughed and went and got the ONE that they sold, but kept it in the back.

I thought there was an app for the shopping site for iphones, but not for windows based phones. I remember Al asking people to check it out. I'll do a search and see if I can find it on the forums.

Midge
September 16th, 2015, 06:06 PM
I went from a flip phone to the I-phone 6. I'm mind boggled. Just answering a call requires a teenager for me. LOL

Uuhhh, Bob, a teenager isn't really necessary. A kindergartener will suffice. :icon_evil:

BobW
September 16th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Uuhhh, Bob, a teenager isn't really necessary. A kindergartener will suffice. :icon_evil:

Well the problem is my reputation proceeds me. I'm the person that cheers for the Child Catcher in the movie Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. Every community should have at least one, and they are never around when you need them. LOL

redcaboose1717
September 16th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Bob......There's a Missouri Star Quilt Company App ( it's Yellow ) .....You can see the DD ( Daily Deal ) and you can also watch the Tutorials ( YouTube ) as well....

Here's the Link for the iPhone Apps. What you need to do is to plug in the phone to your PC so that you can download the APPS to your phone.

https://www.apple.com/

Also, save the link on your desktop for future use...there's lots of awesome apps to put on your iphone, from everyday things, to health issues, games, etc.....Feel free to send me a PM message if you need any info. Trust me, I was one of the last people in my group of friends to get an iPhone...and now I can't imagine my life without it ! I even make my paper-crafting videos using my iPhone. ( of course I had to purchase a tripod & a iPhone adapter to do that )

I don't have nearly as many APPS on my phone as most of my family and friends....although at last count I had 62 APPS on my iPhone. Right now, I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the iphone 6s or just purchase the iPhone 6.....anyway, I am sure I will be thrilled with whichever one I chose !

redcaboose1717
September 16th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Two years ago I finally decided to give up the landline completely. To do that I had to get hubby a cell phone. He just wanted basic, no frills as he only calls a few people. So I walked into the Verizon store and looked, everything was smart phones. I found a customer service rep and asked him "Don't you guys sell any dumb phones?" He laughed and went and got the ONE that they sold, but kept it in the back.

I thought there was an app for the shopping site for iphones, but not for windows based phones. I remember Al asking people to check it out. I'll do a search and see if I can find it on the forums.

Karen,
I still haven't given up the landline...but I can see it coming down the road in the near future. DH claims he hates cell phones and while he doesn't make more than 6 calls a year, he is the reason for my keeping that stupid landline around.....other than that, it would have been gone out of the house a year ago !!

K. McEuen
September 16th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Ok Bob, I did my search. It wasn't a store app he was working on, just a mobile version of the store site. You don't need a specific app, it just loads automatically, usually showing an m where the www is, I think.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-discussion/35607-mobile-version-shop.html

Vonnie
September 16th, 2015, 06:48 PM
I still have a flip top. Everyone else in the family has fancy phones. Don't ask me what they are. I don't text, I'm old fashioned - I'd rather send an email. I actually don't enjoy talking long on phones anyway. My little flip top is just for emergencies.

Monique
September 16th, 2015, 06:55 PM
I still have a landline, no cell reception here, believe it or not. I have a pay as you go phone. My phone is stupid, not a smart one at all. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dwil23
September 16th, 2015, 06:57 PM
I still have a flip top. Everyone else in the family has fancy phones. Don't ask me what they are. I don't text, I'm old fashioned - I'd rather send an email. I actually don't enjoy talking long on phones anyway. My little flip top is just for emergencies.

Oh you all don't know how close this hits to home! Vonnie, the problem I have with sending people emails is that I have to TEXT them to check their emails, because they don't do that anymore. I got an Iphone4 about 2 years ago and it was definitely a learning curve. I had almost gotten used to it when it was time for a new phone and my oldest DD and I elected to go with a Samsung Galaxy 6 active. YIKES! I'll take my Iphone back, please. Too bad 2 yo grandson doesn't live a little closer - he could help me.

TMP
September 16th, 2015, 07:10 PM
We did away with our land line a couple years ago and to be honest I haven't missed it at all. The only calls we ever got on it were from people trying to sell us something or asking for donations. I am not sure how she does it but my 8 year old grand daughter textes me to my phone from her ipad. The only app I really have other than MSQ is the Bernina one and I really like it.

kensington
September 16th, 2015, 07:17 PM
When I had the I Phone 5.... I could go online to m* and shop also.

I got the Samsung Galaxy 6 the day it came out. Sprint employees were given a special deal to buy it that day... Dh got it for my Birthday

I miss my land line... I still want it back.

Our internet comes from a Radio tower/signal... Because we are out in the country. I drop a lot of calls and have trouble when I'm online. UGH...

Sandy Navas
September 16th, 2015, 07:20 PM

I told you iDial, not iPhone.

What you really need is a Jitterbug.

quiltsRfun
September 16th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I am not sure how she does it but my 8 year old grand daughter texts me to my phone from her ipad.
There's an app you can get to send text messages from an Ipad.

TMP
September 16th, 2015, 07:26 PM
QuiltsRfun -- I had no idea that she was using an app.

GrammaBabs
September 16th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Good one Bob.... i kind of fell that way about "infants"..... yes, i am ashamed,,, but i much prefer a child that can have a conversation with you.... especially so i can let them know my "expectations" as well as make them laugh, play and enjoy my sillyness........
Well the problem is my reputation proceeds me. I'm the person that cheers for the Child Catcher in the movie Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. Every community should have at least one, and they are never around when you need them. LOL

Pandabear
September 16th, 2015, 07:59 PM
There's an app you can get to send text messages from an Ipad.

The app is iMessage.

Pandabear
September 16th, 2015, 08:02 PM
I have a windows phone and no ever makes apps for it. It's *very* frustrating. But I'll be darned if I give this phone up anytime soon. I've dropped it several times and the darn things stil works like a charm.

Plus I like Cortana. She's easier than Siri.

I'll also never give up my landline. I'm surrounded by trees and my cell phone reception isn't the greatest.

ceiliam
September 16th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Been landline free for almost 6 years love it landlines are not my favorite

Navy Wife
September 16th, 2015, 09:37 PM
We converted our land line to a cell phone. That takes care of the problem of both of us wanting to talk to DD and Grandkids and greatgrands. We still have 4 phones on the same number, but it is a cell number. I'm a flip phone gal. I am not interested in texting or apps or all the rest of that stuff. I make the kids (aged 50 and up) put their phones away when they come here, unless they are expecting an important call...business, someone near death, etc. They admit it is nice to be away from the world for a couple of hours.

JCY
September 16th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Vonnie, I'm with you. I still have a flip top cell that I bought in 2000. I also use mine just for emergencies. I charge it once a mo., b/c I leave it turned off. I have a basic plan that costs only $10./mo., but closer to $14. by the time they add on all those taxes & fees! Grrrr. I'm never giving up my land line!

Angelia
September 16th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Vonnie, I'm with you. I still have a flip top cell that I bought in 2000. I also use mine just for emergencies. I charge it once a mo., b/c I leave it turned off. I have a basic plan that costs only $10./mo., but closer to $14. by the time they add on all those taxes & fees! Grrrr. I'm never giving up my land line!

Ditto! I don't think I would know how to answer a call if mine ever rang!

carolynrae
September 16th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Still have my land line and a flip phone. A young kid asked me why I still had my flip and I said "how else can I get a hold of the captain", he didn't get it....he was to young.